Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Wrath of Y'Shaarj

    So, yesterday i was thinking a bit about Y'Shaarj and his seven head. There is a thing that was mentioned few times, Wrath of Y'Shaarj. Firstly, in exalted Klaxxi quest (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31612/shadow-of-the-empire) Kil'Ruk the Wind Reaver said "Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath", when i got Klaxxi at exalted i didn't really care about that line. But in patch 5.2 there is a book called "Shadow, Storm and Stone" which describes the purpose of the Mogu and something about their master. Here is the transcript of the second page from the book:

    "The beast of seven heads
    Fumed Seven breaths.
    The land wept shadow
    And the swarm blackened the sky.
    Supreme was the ancient one:
    None dared waken its wrath.
    Until the coming of the Storm.
    First came thunder, then came Stone
    The thunder Storm's voice,
    The Stone his weapon.
    Lightning seared the sky.
    The swarm fled from its light.
    Stone struck at the heads of the beast.
    The shadow bled into land and sky -
    Fear and rage that would not die.
    Storm's will was done
    Stone's purpose fulfilled."

    Here is this "Wrath of Y'Shaarj" mentioned again. So what do you think, it's just a sort of cool word that they added in these two things, or it's foreshadowing of his Seven Head?
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    So, yesterday i was thinking a bit about Y'Shaarj and his seven head. There is a thing that was mentioned few times, Wrath of Y'Shaarj. Firstly, in exalted Klaxxi quest (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31612/shadow-of-the-empire) Kil'Ruk the Wind Reaver said "Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath", when i got Klaxxi at exalted i didn't really care about that line. But in patch 5.2 there is a book called "Shadow, Storm and Stone" which describes the purpose of the Mogu and something about their master. Here is the transcript of the second page from the book:

    "The beast of seven heads
    Fumed Seven breaths.
    The land wept shadow
    And the swarm blackened the sky.
    Supreme was the ancient one:
    None dared waken its wrath.
    Until the coming of the Storm.
    First came thunder, then came Stone
    The thunder Storm's voice,
    The Stone his weapon.
    Lightning seared the sky.
    The swarm fled from its light.
    Stone struck at the heads of the beast.
    The shadow bled into land and sky -
    Fear and rage that would not die.
    Storm's will was done
    Stone's purpose fulfilled."

    Here is this "Wrath of Y'Shaarj" mentioned again. So what do you think, it's just a sort of cool word that they added in these two things, or it's foreshadowing of his Seven Head?
    Boom.

    I don't care what Blizzard has said, their is a Seventh Sha.

    As for the rest, this is heavy foreshadowing, and i'll explain why. The Storm is clearly Ra-Den, who is referred to as Keeper of the Storms in the dungeon journal, who empowered Lei Shen with Lightning, and is the God of Mogu legend. I honestly think Ra-Den is a Titan.

    During Lorewalker Cho's speech about the Mogu Origin, you see 3 projections, meant to be the titans. In Lorewalker Cho's speech about the Thunder Kings rise, you see a projection of the Mogu God that Lei Shen ripped the heart out of. Guess what, the projection looks just like the one in the center for the Mogu Origin. And guess what, both of those projections look like Ra-Den's model.

    Anyways, Ra-Den is the Storm, the Mogu are the Stone. It says at the end that Stone's purpose is fulfilled. Wrathion, at the end of the 5.2 legendary chain, wonders what purpose the Mogu served for Pandaria. Both him and Ra-Den comment on something evil that dwells either beneath or within us.

    Y'Shaarj, or a seventh sha, or some form of both, are going to make an appearance.

  3. #3
    The passage "Storm's will was done, Stone's purpose fulfilled" is interesting. If the Mogu's purpose was done, did the Titan's try and get rid of them? At what point did the Mogu decide to become vicious and destroy their Titan god? Were they corrupted by Ysharrj remains/last breath?

    The darkness beneath Pandaria I think is going to end up being the body of Y'sharrj, and I have a feeling it is going to be dug up by Garrosh and the reliquary.

    My gut feeling is that the seventh Sha is the old god himself and that Garrosh with all his emotions and issues is going to attract all the sha into himself to become a vessel for the old god's return.

    I also think the reason the mists parted (something never answered) was done deliberately so we could be lured here and resurrect Y'sharrj with all our unstable war and inner conflict.
    Last edited by Briga; 2013-01-29 at 03:39 PM.

  4. #4
    Well we ended up releasing the Sha of Anger but as for the other Sha's its kind of hard to say that they were released by us. The Sha of despair seems to of just recently arrived in Karasang as we are getting there in teh questing line but we certainly are not responcible for its arrival. The Sha of terror was obviously working on the Mantid for quite some time before we got there, maybe not years but certainly weeks before we get to dread wastes. There is just way too much corruption for it to be over night. I am of the mindset that the 7th sha is a rather tricky one rather than up in your face and is working to re-unite the 7 sha into the Old God. There is obviously an intelligence behind the Sha as they are placed strategically to counter the temples of the August Celestials. I also think this Sha is responcible for removing the mists.

  5. #5
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,432
    probable the yasarrj is the real endboss no doubt. infused into garrosh no doubt.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well we ended up releasing the Sha of Anger but as for the other Sha's its kind of hard to say that they were released by us.
    Actually the only one we physically release is the Sha of Doubt, who comes out when we destroy the Serpent's Heart. While we don't "physically" release the other Sha, it is our actions on the continent that give them strength. For instance the Sha of Fear was held below the Temple of the Black Ox, but with all the fear filling the hearts of the races on the continent, it was able to grow bold, escape, and take over the Mantid. The Sha of Despair was below the Temple of the Red Crane, and did the same when the hearts of those on the continent felt sadness slowly consume them as more and more loved ones were killed.

    The Sha of Violance and Sha of Hatred were held in the Shado-Pan Monastery, and it was Taran Zhu himself feeling hatred for the Horde and Alliance that allowed the Sha of Hatred to possess him and corrupt much of the monastery.

    The Sha of Anger is the only one that didn't seem to have a prison (or it could have been below the Temple of the White Tiger, as all the other temples has a Sha imprisoned below them) that broke free due to all the anger filling us all as we keep fighting.

    P.S. It seems pretty obvious to me we will have a seventh Sha that will be involved in this. Either a Sha of War, or maybe a Sha of Pride, that will consume Garrosh while he is on Pandaria. Garrosh will attempt to control it and return to Orgrimmar, leading into the SoO raid. There is no way they are just going to have us fight Garrosh without adding some type of otherworldly power to him to make him seem like more of a threat.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2013-01-29 at 04:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Dunno what is Wrath of Y'Shaarj but it can be cool legendary name

  8. #8
    I'm not convinced there's a seventh sha for sure, but if there is my guess would be pride. But I'm not expecting more than three raid tiers this expansion, and I suspect that 5.3 will bridge the gap between 5.2 and the Siege of Org. (Blizz has always said they wanted to get content/expansions out faster, maybe they're finally meeting that goal.)

    As for the story, I'd just say it was a telling of the death of the old god, which blizz has confirmed to bed dead dead. The reason that I'm not convinced of a seventh sha yet is because the six main sha we know of now seem to have been created by the negative emotions the last pandaren emperor expelled from himself merging with the 'dark breath' left over from the old god's death. So maybe a seventh sha will arise in 5.3 or something, but I don't think there is a seventh sha in existence right now.
    Last edited by Malzra; 2013-01-29 at 04:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,432
    sha of rage

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    sha of rage
    We already have hatred, anger and violence. Rage would be even more reduendant than what we have now. Rage is pretty much just strong anger anyway. I'd still say Pride would be the best choice for a seventh sha, one that wouldn't overlap with the six existing ones.

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Methusula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    The passage "Storm's will was done, Stone's purpose fulfilled" is interesting. If the Mogu's purpose was done, did the Titan's try and get rid of them? At what point did the Mogu decide to become vicious and destroy their Titan god? Were they corrupted by Ysharrj remains/last breath?

    The darkness beneath Pandaria I think is going to end up being the body of Y'sharrj, and I have a feeling it is going to be dug up by Garrosh and the reliquary.

    My gut feeling is that the seventh Sha is the old god himself and that Garrosh with all his emotions and issues is going to attract all the sha into himself to become a vessel for the old god's return.

    I also think the reason the mists parted (something never answered) was done deliberately so we could be lured here and resurrect Y'sharrj with all our unstable war and inner conflict.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was almost completely accurate. Garrosh will morph into the 7th Sha.

  12. #12
    High Overlord The Boomking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In my Chickensuit
    Posts
    157
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the last is the Sha of Chaos.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well we ended up releasing the Sha of Anger but as for the other Sha's its kind of hard to say that they were released by us. The Sha of despair seems to of just recently arrived in Karasang as we are getting there in teh questing line but we certainly are not responcible for its arrival. The Sha of terror was obviously working on the Mantid for quite some time before we got there, maybe not years but certainly weeks before we get to dread wastes. There is just way too much corruption for it to be over night. I am of the mindset that the 7th sha is a rather tricky one rather than up in your face and is working to re-unite the 7 sha into the Old God. There is obviously an intelligence behind the Sha as they are placed strategically to counter the temples of the August Celestials. I also think this Sha is responcible for removing the mists.
    Yeah, i still don't believe August Celestials. How did they know about Y'Shaarj energy? Where were they in times when Mogu rule? What are they? Loa? Ancients? Titan Constructs? Also, in Throne of Thunder raid, there is room named "Celestial Enclave" it's there where is Twin Consorts encounter located. From what is written in dungeon journal, it seems that in this encounter you will receive "buffs" from August Celestials. I really hope that there will be more lore on them.
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    The Sha of Anger is the only one that didn't seem to have a prison (or it could have been below the Temple of the White Tiger, as all the other temples has a Sha imprisoned below them) that broke free due to all the anger filling us all as we keep fighting.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Sha of Anger was imprisoned in the Shado-Pan Monastery too. I think it's the dungeon journal that mentions it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Sha of Anger was imprisoned in the Shado-Pan Monastery too. I think it's the dungeon journal that mentions it.
    Just saw, and you are correct. Looks like they were holding three Sha up in the monastery.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Just saw, and you are correct. Looks like they were holding three Sha up in the monastery.
    No wonder Taran Zhu was already nuts before the Sha got released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk Xiphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,845
    It's good to see they've finally said outright that there were seven breaths (assuming this is true). They're really foreshadowing some eldritch happenings.
    I know they said Y'shaarj is dead for sure, but when asked whether we'd at least see him/her/it Dave Kosak was a little avoidant so there's still hope of an appearance.

    Hopefully we're still in for a chance of seeing an old god themed raid. A genuinely dead old god would make for a nice spin on our previous encounters with them.
    I love the idea of exploring caverns beneath pandaria that get blacker, more organic and really chaotic the deeper you go, with oozing twitching tentacles lining the walls (which slowly pulsate themselves), dark blood dripping from the ceilings and huge opened up fleshy organ chambers all with the Sha's midnight green and white colour palette, eventually realising you're exploring the corpse of an Old God that's grown into pandaria itself with arteries and nervous systems tangled through rock and blood scabbed and clotted into the earth.

    I think it's likely that the Engine of Nalak'Sha is probably some machine intended to keep the Sha or Y'shaarj's corruption at bay and it apparently goes down quite deep into pandaria so maybe we'd see some Titan architecture down there too - maybe even one of the main purposes of going down there would be having to reactivate it to stop the Sha from constantly coming back or reforming.

    Eh I don't know I get a little carried away thinking about cool potential aesthetic sets and old god/ titan stuff. Nice find though if that Shadow, Storm and Stone book is real.

  18. #18
    There is no special "Wrath of Y'Shaarj", it just says that people didn't want to get Y'Shaarj mad because Old Gods do un-good things to you if you make them angry.

  19. #19
    I totally believe in a 7th Sha, and it could have a raid around it.

    (If this is off-topic I'm very sorry. Don't mean to).

    5.3 is a lore patch. Could lead up to the 7th Sha
    5.4 has a raid centered around it, up to and defeating the physical manifestation of the sha
    5.5 is a lore patch where Garrosh fuses with the sha's spirit, or whatever.
    5.6 Siege of Orgrimmar.

    With the way content is coming, they could totally squeeze it out, and they don't want long gaps between expansions.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    I know they said Y'shaarj is dead for sure, but when asked whether we'd at least see him/her/it Dave Kosak was a little avoidant so there's still hope of an appearance.
    There are a lot of parallels between Y'Shaarj and Tathamet, the original Prime Evil from the Diablo series. Both are terrible primordial entities with seven heads, whose death's gave rise to new, individual monsters.

    For people not familiar with Diablo, Tathamet was a seven headed monster who died, and each head gave rise to a powerful demon. The strongest, Diablo, eventually consumed the other six and became the 'Prime Evil,' a demon with the potential to become as powerful as Tathamet.

    If they follow the parallels with the Sha and the demons of Diablo, then the seventh Sha will become a new monster with all the potential of Y'Shaarj, even if it is not actual Y'Shaarj reborn but its own independent entity.

    I love the idea of exploring caverns beneath pandaria that get blacker, more organic and really chaotic the deeper you go, with oozing twitching tentacles lining the walls (which slowly pulsate themselves), dark blood dripping from the ceilings and huge opened up fleshy organ chambers all with the Sha's midnight green and white colour palette, eventually realising you're exploring the corpse of an Old God that's grown into pandaria itself with arteries and nervous systems tangled through rock and blood scabbed and clotted into the earth.
    Every single word in the above sentence totally arouses me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •