Thread: Rapture add-on

15+ Year Old Account

Rapture add-on

Is there an add-on to track when Rapture is on and off cooldown? I feel that I'm wasting mana trying to generate Rapture procs by shielding at infrequent times.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    For standalone, try Ingela's rapture. I use Weakauras personally (amazing addon for almost anything you might want to do)

Deleted
    Ingela's Rapture in first place. My choice is ExtraCd, little icon with cd is fine for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, thank you very much. I'll look at all of these and see which one I like most. If anyone else has other suggestions, feel free to drop them here.

Thank you again!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Why couldn't Blizzard have made Rapture work like Replenish. Whenever you PW:S or whenever your PW:S is absorbed, you get a 12s buff that regenerates as much mana as current Rapture. Whenever you proc it again within 12s, you just refresh the buff to its original 12s duration.

Seems like this would have been a less tedious implementation.

My Power Auras string for Rapture CD

Aura[5]=Version:4.3.1; g:0.9686; icon:Spell_Holy_Rapture; buffname:Rapture; r:0.9843; Extra:true; x:113; bufftype:13; stacks:1; texture:16; alpha:0.7; owntex:true; duration:12; soundend:23; size:0.3; y:-261; texmode:2; finish:3; timer.b:0; timer.g:0.8824; timer.h:1.22; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-282; timer.x:111; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true; timer.ShowActivation:true@

I took this out of my full import so not sure if you need the Aura[5]= bit

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Ingela's Rapture for a while now, and I love it. The only downside it has is that it's not been kept up to date, so, apart from checking "Load Out-of-Date Addons" (which I usually do), it might generate one or two errors, but if you have a bug-handling addon, or disable .lua messaging (not advisable, I'd go with the first choice), you shouldn't have any issues with it per se.

The good things about it, imo, are that it comes with a little countdown bar ala DBM that you can place wherever you want that starts counting down ONCE your PW:Shield's been absorbed, and when it reaches zero, it has a nifty sound to let you know that it's off CD. I really haven't delved into its options, not even sure if it HAS any tbh, but it's simple and it works off the shelf without having to setup anything. And the bar and sound don't appear unless you're discipline, so they won't bother you while you're in your off spec.

I've had a couple of Power Auras versions for tracking it, and though they get the job done, this is a very simple and straightforward addon, highly recommendable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Ingela's Rapture as well, and it's definitely a plus if you play with your sound on and use sound as a game cue. I've had people in the house make fun of the noise it makes before and ask me what the noise was, but it's definitely hard to miss, and you'll get so used to hitting a new shield when you hear the noise that you will barely have to think about it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I use Ingela's Rapture as well, and it's definitely a plus if you play with your sound on and use sound as a game cue. I've had people in the house make fun of the noise it makes before and ask me what the noise was, but it's definitely hard to miss, and you'll get so used to hitting a new shield when you hear the noise that you will barely have to think about it.
    I always think of it as a giant zipper being zipped up, I really can't say why

Deleted
    ForteX and any other decent ICD tracker tracks rapture as well. I prefer Ingela's, and my version is skinned for ElvUI (from ElvUI forums).

Deleted
    I use TellMeWhen to track the ICD of Rapture. The import string:

^1^T^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SName^SRapture:~`12 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SEnabled^B ^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STexts^T ^N1^S ^t^t^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SCustomTex^S47536 ^SUnAlpha^N0.5 ^t^N61103^S~`~| ^Sicon^^

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tel...mport-strings/ on how to import.

The reason why I chose TMW is because I also used it to track my Evangelism. I have it set up to show a timer, stacks and give a written and audible warning when the time remaining is at 10, 5 and expired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ingela's Rapture is amazing, as noted above!

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Why couldn't Blizzard have made Rapture work like Replenish. Whenever you PW:S or whenever your PW:S is absorbed, you get a 12s buff that regenerates as much mana as current Rapture. Whenever you proc it again within 12s, you just refresh the buff to its original 12s duration.

Deleted
    Thanks for making this, I was curious as well. The add-on is really useful!

Deleted
    great thread very helpful

Deleted
    ingelas rapture is a very slim and minimalistic addon, like it !