Deleted

How do you deal with mob targeting ?

Dear community ,

when i'm tanking or playing as ret i usually spam my keys.
    When the mob dies just in the moment of my judgement cast it auto targets a target and cast's it on an enemy, if the enemy is far away it just cast's it on this one then. How can i avoid that he auto casts the spell even if i have no target.
    Also when tabbing , i find the range way too far i just want to tab the mobs that are in my attack range not some other mob group i haven't attacked yet.

How do you guys manage targeting new targets ?

Sincerely yours maiku.

V and click, this + tidyplates is basically all i need. And i believe that you can either turn it off in setting or change your judgement to macros that checks to see your current target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can't suggest Tidy Plates enough.

It will help make your life easier.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Jeah , i'm already using tidy plates . Still tabbing used to be alot more fun and less risky.
    As for the auto target casts , i'm using a macro for my instant spells now so it won't cast anything if i have no target.

#showtooltip judgment
    /cast [exists] judgment

I feel like they fixed this issue in the past, but it has returned. I thought at one point it always tabbed to the closest enemy target, not just some random one. Also, I feel like at one point they fixed the issue of mobs attacking from behind, but that seems to have popped up again (at least for me)

Deleted
    As for tabbing it starts with the nearest and circles around clockwise, still i think the range is too far.
    What do you mean the issue that mobs attack from behind , isn't that normal and that we should position ourself according to their position ?

Deleted
    I'm struggling with targeting lately. Even simple things like targeting a Celestial protector or one of those moving energy cells instead of Elegon can be a pain; I sometimes taunt or target Elegon rather than the small add.

Deleted
    V and click, worked great for me as tank / melee

Deleted
    I have a quesion about Tidy Plates: how can I make it show the enemy's nameplate when it's already tagged by someone else? Current setting hides it, but which one ??

Deleted
    I have a /startattack macro attached to almost every attack. Automatically picks up the target in front of you, even if the attack you press is on cooldown.

For example:

#showtooltip:Crusader Strike
    /startattack
    /cast Crusader Strike

And go to learn what the V key does: V shows enemy nameplates. Ctrl-V shows friendly nameplates. Ctrl-V-V shows both - great if you are healing or otherwise need to see where your group members are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I have a /startattack macro attached to almost every attack. Automatically picks up the target in front of you, even if the attack you press is on cooldown.

For example:

#showtooltip:Crusader Strike
    /startattack
    /cast Crusader Strike

And go to learn what the V key does: V shows enemy nameplates. Ctrl-V shows friendly nameplates. Ctrl-V-V shows both - great if you are healing or otherwise need to see where your group members are.
    Isn't it Shift + V ?

Yeah this targetswitching really sucks.

I almost caused a whipe on the heroic Four Kings in Mogu-Shan. We were just burning down the 3rd Mob and the 4th was doing his Shield when my judgement jumped to the fourth mob due to this shitty targeting.

Since then i macroed Judgement and exo with the [exists] added.

can you guys help me ret sucks