How to Buff Ret's sustained

I was thinking about how Ret's sustained could be buffed without making our burst any stronger and it occured to me. They could just increase the damage of all our Holy Power generating abilities by 15% (meaning Cs, Judgement, Exo, HoW) but nerf the damage bonus of Holy Avenger by 15%. This would make our burst stay exactly the same as it is now when Cd's are up, but allow us to actually put out some damage when they are down.

Gc said that a couple weeks ago that they don't know how to buff Ret's sustained and gave an example like making wings 10%. I personally believe simply tuning up our generating abilities by 15% and nerfing Holy Avenger by the same amount accomplishes the goal in the correct manner.

It would just be a straight up buff for Sanctified Wrath. Making Holy Avenger fall ever farther behind.

In cata they buffed sword of light from 10% to 20%(think those # r right) and to make balance for the sustained buff they took the high crit chance off HoW, then in mop they nerfed sword of light from 20% back to 10%, i dont know why they dont just revert back to that 20% considering they never gave wings crit % back

DP baseline would be fun again, our HP system is tons better than it was in cata so it wouldn't be RNG depended proc like it used to be

Prob buff censure/make it scale with haste? idk, any idea you could pitch, it would effect something else. like GC said, they like how ret is, meh. Least Arcane got more buffs, they really needed it heuheu

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    In cata they buffed sword of light from 10% to 20%(think those # r right) and to make balance for the sustained buff they took the high crit chance off HoW, then in mop they nerfed sword of light from 20% back to 10%, i dont know why they dont just revert back to that 20% considering they never gave wings crit % back
    I wouldn't mind seeing Sword of light go back to 20% or getting Divine Purpose baseline but it seems like Blizzard doesn't want to buff Ret's sustained without nerfing our burst.

The reason I think buffing our Holy power generating abilities and nerfing Holy Avengers on use damage is a good idea is because it effectively makes us do more damage but keeps us at the same burst level. Although, it doesn't necessarily have to be nerfed by the amount I'm saying. For example they could buff our Hp generators by 15% and only nerf HA by 10%. Thus being a 5% damage buff to Holy Avenger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this, and going to direct you to this thread; [Ret Ideas] Reworking Retribution as a place to think and talk out changing/reworking/updating or anything of the sort to Ret. Keep the ideas flowing!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature