Thread: Feral Druids

Feral Druids

I just started lvling a feral druid and I have to ask are they this over powered all the way to 90?

10+ Year Old Account
    All classes are overpowered at low levels. Very much so, especially in heirloom gear. It smooths out around level 80 or so, and at 90 you're on par with everyone else.

how are they in pvp? Me and a buddy wana do a DK feral 2s team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmarz View Post
    how are they in pvp? Me and a buddy wana do a DK feral 2s team
    You share stuns, so DR is a problem but feral does have cyclone. You would probably be just fine if the DK is unholy.

Feral in PVP is quite nice especially because you can both stealth and pounce the same target, it works especially well if you have someone 'tanking' who can't die easily (like paladin or DK) to take the alpha strikes of the enemy while you go for the throat. Other people tend to get over confident when they see someone they assume is alone.

All Feral damage is front loaded for burst damage, which typically means dead pvp enemy. In PVE it can be a bit of a drag waiting for your energy build back up but it works just fine in PVP.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-30 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your DK friend go frost and you're ready to steamroll your way up to 1700 rating. For PvP they're extremely viable due to the insane burst ferals can pull off. Next patch ferals will be nerfed quite hard (not as hard damage-wise, but more survivability-wise). But they'll still be somewhat viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You share stuns, so DR is a problem but feral does have cyclone. You would probably be just fine if the DK is unholy.
    I may be rusty, but what stuns does a DK have?

OT: You would be fine, it does stay OP until a little past 80-85, but at 90 it's in the upper-half of classes I'd say.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I may be rusty, but what stuns does a DK have?

OT: You would be fine, it does stay OP until a little past 80-85, but at 90 it's in the upper-half of classes I'd say.
    Asphyxiate, Ghoul stun, Remorseless Winter. Can't remember anything else, too lazy to visit wowhead.

Ah yeah. I should probably get some sleep :/ or play my dk more.

Anywho, feral / frost could put a lot of pressure up in a short time frame.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Asphyxiate, Ghoul stun, Remorseless Winter. Can't remember anything else, too lazy to visit wowhead.
    out of which you only use ghoul stun in pvp, desecrated ground is the same tier as remorseless winter and asphyxiate is useless considering ANY partner you have will have a stun.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Thanks for the advice. Leveling this guy has been a blast. I currently run 2s as Demo Lock/Healadin and we just find this comp to be boring so we are looking to change it up for next season.