View Poll Results: Which daily grind do you hate the most?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anglers

    6 2.40%
  • Golden Lotus

    99 39.60%
  • August Celestials

    19 7.60%
  • Tillers

    2 0.80%
  • Shado-Pan

    31 12.40%
  • Shieldwall/Dominance

    6 2.40%
  • Klaxxi

    23 9.20%
  • Cloud Serpent

    2 0.80%
  • Lorewalkers

    0 0%
  • All of the above.

    27 10.80%
  • I like dailies.

    35 14.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    None of the other factions even comes close to the Golden Fucking Lotus. I hate those dailies with a passion.

  2. #82
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,651
    Golden Lotus, so many quests in a day with what to me seemed like the smallest rep gain per quest. Felt slow and always took the longest time for me compared to the rest.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  3. #83
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    None really. Not a single of those reps were a pain to grind compared to say.... Netherwing or Cenarion Circle.
    Netherwing was a pain? o.o It's the mother of Order of the Serpent dailies and egg hunting.

    I'm going with Golden Lotus. It has the most ganking (fun btw). Add on the annoying bonus that it's needed in order to unlock dailies for other reps, and it's a clear winner.


  4. #84
    I found Klaxxi the most annoying one. Many collection quests, bad drop rates, many kill quests with high numbers, and everything is far apart.

    Don't really get why Golden Lotus gets so much hate. Even after having every Pandaria faction capped I'm doing them on days when I'm not valor capped. They're the fastest set of 14-15 dailies you can get, you can basically complete the most kill quests of one hub within one or two grand pulls, and the few collection quests have good drop rates. Also, there's not much competition around nowadays. And you could get a Sky Shard. What would you want more?

  5. #85
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,370
    i was going to say golden lotus, but i really liked the "all of the above option"

    i am not exalted with a single faction besides lorewalkers
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I disagree. If you look at the amount of qq on forums all over the place about people feeling "forced" to do every daily every day, I think this was a good call by Blizzard. It forced people to limit their number of dailies. This way no one could claim that they were ever forced to do more than 2 factions a day because once the August Celestials and Shado Pan are unlocked, there is no "need" to continue with Golden Lotus or Klaxxi because all the "needed" valor items are accessible at revered.
    ---
    For reasons related to what I was saying above. Hardcore players regard getting Golden Lotus to revered as fast as possible as "mandatory" work because it unlocks gear upgrades and 2 other factions which also offer gear upgrades - which is of significant importance to raid progression. By limiting the rep grind to a finite set of dailies, Blizzard are capping the amount of work they are "forcing" people to do.

    Order of the Cloud Serpent is, however, not mandatory by any definition of the word. It is a strictly vanity faction. If you want to get it to exalted in 3 days, that's your problem. No one is forcing you.
    I am sorry, I was very much aware of the reasoning behind it. I just don't agree with it, not with the way it was implemented. If I never wanted to have anything off Golden Lotus at all, why would I need to do it? If If I only needed Shado Pan or August Celestials... I'd rather do a long slow grind of just that one. Sure there are "maniacs" outthere who want or could do all the dailies every day for X amount of time until exalted. So what... that is their playstyle.

    What I would like is a weekly cap of reputation. It would work much like: You need to do all the dailies today, after that you are done - you can do X. (getting reputation in a particular dungeon or scenario or just killing mobs in the area, whatever... ) to get to the cap.

    I think this is more fair. Why? Well if I have only saturday to play. And I can play like 12 hours (which I can), I am at a disadvantage vs a player who can log in 1 hour a day. He can do all the dailies everyday. While I am stuck with just one set of dailies.

    In terms of effort and time commitment, I think my situation should be rewarded. Logging in daily isn't effort. The amount of time spend in game should be.

  7. #87
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,101
    Shado-Pan. Not too many dailys and not too long 'til exalted, but somehow, I really can't stand their dailies.
    Dominance > all.

  8. #88
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    For reasons related to what I was saying above. Hardcore players regard getting Golden Lotus to revered as fast as possible as "mandatory" work because it unlocks gear upgrades and 2 other factions which also offer gear upgrades - which is of significant importance to raid progression. By limiting the rep grind to a finite set of dailies, Blizzard are capping the amount of work they are "forcing" people to do.
    This is why Golden Lotus got the worst one - if you notice, Anglers and Nat Pagle would be my least favorite if gear was locked behind them.

    But it's not, so you can do the dailies at your own pace, and the actual dailies themselves aren't that bad.

    Doing Argent Tournament, Molten Front, and Golden Lotus "at your own pace" is intolerable enough because you just unlock more dailies instead of, oh, more fucking efficient rep gains. And the fact that gear is gated behind them makes it far worse.

    Hell, if you're just after that Treasure chest, it's worse to be at higher rep than not.

  9. #89
    Blademaster Raeynni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    42
    Definitely Golden Lotus. The fact it's not a quest hub you have to unlock means there's always a lot more people doing it. Can get a little annoying. :P

  10. #90
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,523
    Fuck the golden lotus.

    Nat Pagle doesn't count because you don't really need his rep for valor gear.

    Also . . . fuck the golden lotus and their bullshit 20 quests a day.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  11. #91
    Herald of the Titans Eliot123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chamber of Understanding
    Posts
    2,521
    Golden lotus, nothing else even compares.

    ''Here, go do a dozen quests for tiny, microscoping bits of rep.''
    ''Oh, you're done? Now go do another dozen.''

    To say it is depressing would be an understatement. I'm exalted with Golden Lotus now but I do not want to see that faction ever again unless it is the heads of their quest givers on spikes.
    When in a hole, keep digging!

  12. #92
    Golden Lotus. Never doing it again, for any reason, ever. Don't care to have any alts due purely to the rep grinds of the dailies, I just have profession alts that I have no intention of gearing or using for anything but professions.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    None really. Not a single of those reps were a pain to grind compared to say.... Netherwing or Cenarion Circle.
    Neither of those were hard, hell not even comparable to Golden Lotus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I like them all.

    Golden Lotus was a bit eh, mostly having that same hub each day which was my least favorite, but generally I found them fine.

    Much worse rep grinds in previous expansions, especially after those "double rep after revered" items were added. Find it hard to understand how people complain after a huge chunk of the grind was cut out.
    Name a few, aside from purely vanity ones such as Steamwheedle Cartel, Ravenholdt and Ogrila I can't remember any factions being worse.

  14. #94
    Golden Lotus hands down.

  15. #95
    I've done Klaxxi, Golden Lotus and Dominance Offensive.
    Except Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive, they've been horrible dreadful grinds I've hated every second of. But since they were needed for the valor gear I felt I had to.
    I've started on several other farms, but very few times even gotten past the first day of farming before I've alt-f4'd and started anything else, homework, dishes, bathtub cleaning, pulling out my chest hair with a nail clipper. Anything.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

  16. #96
    Klaxxi was the only one I didn't enjoy at all.

    Warender - Orc Elemental Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •