Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

GM/HW Replicas (at last)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Characters that have attained requisite title levels (Centurion, Knight-Champion, Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.
    Edit: Sincerely, not too sure I read it too fast. But... the actual items were available to purchase to everyone. The replicas were the only ones locked before, so... it's the only thing I can conclude.

Considering snowflake factor, letting alters xmog the replicas will have made happier. But this would work too, so let's share the love.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-01-30 at 09:47 PM.

I'm usually not the kind of person that likes being a special snowflake but this change made me incredibly mad even though I have a lot of other items that aren't available anymore...It's still PTR, so I hope they get rid of the change before it goes live but I doubt that's gonna happen, meh...

Deleted
    Love it! I am not a hardcore pvper, do not have a special title but I like that they reward the ones that do

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    I'm usually not the kind of person that likes being a special snowflake but this change made me incredibly mad even though I have a lot of other items that aren't available anymore...It's still PTR, so I hope they get rid of the change before it goes live but I doubt that's gonna happen, meh...
    I am not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I agree with it, but being that I have my Commander title from Vanilla, I have been able to transmog the PVP gear all along. The sets will get a bit more common overall, but will still be unique enough I suppose.

Deleted
    I personally do not wear these, but this is an horrible idea. High rated PVPer are already rewarded with better gear (won't be the case in 5.2) and a slightly different looking gear. It would have been better if it was something innovative that would have held the role of "cosmetic rewards" instead of just throwing in old PVP gear transmog and removing a bit more more of the "uniqueness" the game still holds.

Deleted
    Bad idea is bad.
    There's NO valid reason to take away that bit of uniqueness of classic pvpers.

I like this change. Even tho i do not pvp as much as i used to and wnt get GM any time soon
    Classic pvpers might not approve this but however, It is not like people are getting it for free.
    Those titles arent exactly easy to get and never mind that you will always have the Feat of Strength from vanilla.

Kind of rude for "Vanilla" players to try and block people to get a gear set that they might truly like.
    Alot has changed since Vanilla so stop acting like you are a hurt victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Kind of rude for "Vanilla" players to try and block people to get a gear set that they might truly like.
    Kay. Where can I get my Atiesh? My corrupted Ashbringer? My Necro Knight's Garb? My black AQ drone?
    I mean, it's kinda rude to block me from getting them, isn't it?

People need to accept that they can't get everything just because they like/want it.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-01-31 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Kay. Where can I get my Atiesh? My corrupted Ashbringer? My Necro Knight's Garb? My black AQ drone?
    I mean, it's kinda rude to block me from getting them, isn't it?

People need to accept that they can't get everything just because they like/want it.
    Sadly enough exactly the latter is the case.
    And before someone comes up with some accusations - I don't have access to the rank 14 weapons on my main but will have after these changes so in essence I would "profit" there.

i do not get how this works.
    so in order to use the weapons i need to have "Grand marhsal" from rbg. as for the gear i need to have "Field marshal" ?
    or is everything usable once you get Knight+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i do not get how this works.
    so in order to use the weapons i need to have "Grand marhsal" from rbg. as for the gear i need to have "Field marshal" ?
    or is everything usable once you get Knight+ ?
    i was thinking the same, by the looks of things it'll go by ranks. Cant even remember how it went tbh its been that long.

Deleted
    Lets give people more reasons to exploit RBG's.

Good call blizzard!

Deleted
    I don't care either way, the whole GM gear transmog is so boring anyway.
    I don't get why people would give 2 shits if some other player looks like them, so what you earning it in vanilla, I bought it in BC with zero effort, why should people be excluded from buying it just because they didn't play during that time. I'm sure getting these titles will take more effort than it took me to get the whole gear set.

Don't really care that much about this change, though the GM 1h sword and staff are nice transmog choices for weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Characters that have attained requisite title levels (Centurion, Knight-Champion, Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.
    letting alters xmog the replicas will have made happier.
    This
    /10char

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-01-31 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Just registered to say: i felt special having these and now i dont anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can already get the gear for HP, you just can't xmog it. If you really want to look like that, you can just throw on that version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Lets give people more reasons to exploit RBG's.

Good call blizzard!
    That was the first thing I though when I read the change.

"Hey, we've recently had the worst season in regards to win trading and paid boosts in RBGs for far. What do you think we can do to remedy the situation?"
    "I know! let's give RBG win traders/boostees HW/GM gear for getting to X rating"
    "I don't know... Won't that kind of encourage that behaviour yet again?"
    "It'll make players feel compelled to play through our poorly thought out and implemented system, what's not to like?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand to this day why they're so hellbent on keeping it restricted. Just open it up for everyone already. When you have most level 60s running around from farming AV in HW/GM gear... It's time you sorta realize this is just silly keeping restrictions at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

dont care for it at all. i guess it was only a matter of time. kinda surprised though they didnt just throw the stuff in the BMAH. and where are the pvp gladiator mounts at to buy from BMAH? not fair for those pvers. pvpers that worked hard for their stuff should have some of it for sale too