Archaeology/ Mantid Sonic Locator

I don't know if everyone missed this on the front page but Blizzard has added a new item for Archaeology in the most recent PTR patch:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95509-man...-sonic-locator
    Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator
    Requires The Lorewalkers - Exalted
    "While this item is on your person, any new digsites you discover in Pandaria will be of Mantid origin."

The item stacks to 20 so it sounds like it will be consumable, but still this is a way to guarantee the next dig site you find will be one that you want (if you want a Mantid digsite).
    What are your thoughts on this? Is it a good direction for Archaeology? Are you waiting with bated breath for them to add similar items for every other archaeology race?
    Personally I think it's a fantastic idea (especially if they are single use items, it'd be a bit powerful otherwise)

I think it's a great idea simply because they added Mantid after the other races, and people that grinded the cheevs would've been annoyed to have to deal with non-mantid sites while trying to grind the Mantid cheevs.

That said, I don't think they add this for other races either in Pandaria or in the other continents, especially since if you want to grind the non-Pandaria archaeology, you already can by turning in the crated Pandaria artifacts.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

make it so it makes the next digsite a tol'vir dig and i'm game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlay3r View Post
    make it so it makes the next digsite a tol'vir dig and i'm game
    Probably not going to happen. The system purposefully puts you in Pandaria at the moment and makes you do Archy there, and "rewards" you with the chance to turn in to get Tol'vir at a half useless rate. It's probably slightly faster to still do it on Kalimdor, but I'm personally SO sick of that continent that I'd rather hang out in Pandaria with more or less the same result.

I tried using said items on the ptr, and all it would do was give me the "you can't use that here" when i would try to use a panda/mogu digsite.

maybe it's bugged, but until i destroyed the 20 that i had in my bags i couldn't do archaeology at all. I had done one Mantid dig site last week so i had fragments in my inventory, but it removed the mantid keystone i had in my bags as well.

maybe a bug? or a poorly implemented item.

Deleted
    Archeology, Since when did that come in the game?
    Played since TBC and never touched that piece of time sinking crap.
    Only thing I know is that allot of people I am aware of that raised the skill use BOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by HAF922 View Post
    Archeology, Since when did that come in the game?
    Played since TBC and never touched that piece of time sinking crap.
    Only thing I know is that allot of people I am aware of that raised the skill use BOTS!

Now now ... some of us who have maxed out archy actually like the timesink behind it, watch a movie bettween digsites and all kinds of reading and research.

still havent done any since i got my polearm for my monk, leveling 85-90 on it was a blast!