Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    When your escape mechanism is on a 30 second cooldown, you are going to get caught. In other words, Resto Druids find themselves in their worst position all the time.
    Most classes don't have an escape mechanism on such a short timer. What most healers have that resto druids don't are anti-burst mechanisms. In my experience, resto druids are the easiest to burst down.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Most classes don't have an escape mechanism on such a short timer. What most healers have that resto druids don't are anti-burst mechanisms. In my experience, resto druids are the easiest to burst down.
    I completely agree, and Displacer Beast is going to be on cooldown when you face said burst quite often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I completely agree, and Displacer Beast is going to be on cooldown when you face said burst quite often.
    And other people are going to die in that very same situation because they don't have any kind of escape mechanism at all. Poor resto druids!

Resto druids still drop like a rock even with their mobility. Burst is a sure kill for them no doubt.

Deleted
    I dont get what more lets say Resto Shammys have against burst? Totems? Nuked down in 0,5sec. CDs? I say druids have better. Ghost Wolf? Druids have better. I think almost any healer suffer alot from burst, pallys can bubble but that only gives them seconds against comps which can break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    I dont get what more lets say Resto Shammys have against burst? Totems? Nuked down in 0,5sec. CDs? I say druids have better. Ghost Wolf? Druids have better. I think almost any healer suffer alot from burst, pallys can bubble but that only gives them seconds against comps which can break it.
    shaman's have a lot of proactive ways to stop caster damage, and ghost wolf vs travel form is situational and which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    shaman's have a lot of proactive ways to stop caster damage
    Agree with this. All rdruids can really do is heal thru it or pop a cd

and ghost wolf vs travel form is situational and which is better.
    don't agree with this since shapeshifting as a druid will drop slows/snares where ghost wolf will not. Also travel form is faster and when glyphed (imo) is a lower profile. from my experience, albeit little, druids really need to take advantage of their mobility to LoS where as shammys can drop a totem

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Totems only die in .5 seconds if you have insane reaction timing. It's more like 1-2 seconds, max, which lets totems get a couple ticks off. Earthbind/Grab is better than you give it credit for. Going immune to kicks and silences and casting while moving is great, and spirit link is insane. Not to mention a single greater healing wave can be like 180k.
    That's not even including wind shear to stop any sort of offensive cast at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seifcham View Post
    i used to survive against 3+ players without casting. WoG, holy shock and insta FoL. never went oom

You survived against 3+ bad players in random bgs like every other healer. Holy paladins were not that great for arena in cata, they didn't have enough utility.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-02-08 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And other people are going to die in that very same situation because they don't have any kind of escape mechanism at all. Poor resto druids!
    Other classes have stronger 'anti-burst' capabilities. Most notably, other healers have strong on demand heals.

Deleted
    shaman's have a lot of proactive ways to stop caster damage, and ghost wolf vs travel form is situational and which is better.
    Shamans can stop some caster damage, true. But they have very little against melee. Travel form beats ghost wolf any day. It breaks roots, snares, slows and all kind of other CC while making you immune from a great many other. Also unlike travel form ghost wolf can be dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Totems only die in .5 seconds if you have insane reaction timing. It's more like 1-2 seconds, max, which lets totems get a couple ticks off. Earthbind/Grab is better than you give it credit for. Going immune to kicks and silences and casting while moving is great, and spirit link is insane. Not to mention a single greater healing wave can be like 180k.
    That's not even including wind shear to stop any sort of offensive cast at them.
    Earthbind is pretty useless, earthgrab is pretty much the only defense Shamans have against melees. A hand of freedom, simple dispell or a root breaker puts an ende to that fairly fast. Forget about getting rid of a retri for example, just not going to happen for a long time. And ghost wolf only brings you up to 100% movement speed, so without peels you wont get rid of melees training you being supported by a Paladin or their own class abilities.

The problem about shamans kick immunity is that a single dispell will kill it, as soon as you dispell spirits walkers grace the immunity is gone aswell. So it isn't very reliable at all if the enemy team has ANY class able to purge. Also while trained by the melee pain train you are not going to get off a while lot of heals. You're talking as if all these melees have no interrupts (some of them several), stuns, fears and other stuff to interrupt a Shamans spell casting.

The only thing that is nice is spirit link totem, but even that requires your team mates to actually run to you and get very close thus making them easy targets for CC. Also it can't be used while in any kind of CC or silenced for that matter and can be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Other classes have stronger 'anti-burst' capabilities. Most notably, other healers have strong on demand heals.
    Yeah because you'll heal so much when being trained by several melees. Spoken like a true druid who has no idea whatsoever how it feels not being able to get those melees off you and then running around a pillar while laughing madly because they have no chance in hell to catch up with you.

I currently have all 5 healers at 90, and I personally think that they go like this:

HPaly > Rshamy > Rdruid > MWmonk > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Disc

Hpaly and shamy are interchable, they are pretty even but i think more ppl are rolling shaman. Rdruids are good until they have no CD's then they die too easily. MWmonk is THE BEST as far as mobility. Very difficult to hold them down so mele cleve comps have troubles with them. but with a vast majority of their spells being cast while channeling soothing mist (an 8 second channel) vulnerable to interrupts a lot.

I wasnt even going to include disc, but its an option (but not really) very little CD's and not a lot of viability, stun=death

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Shamans can stop some caster damage, true. But they have very little against melee. Travel form beats ghost wolf any day. It breaks roots, snares, slows and all kind of other CC while making you immune from a great many other. Also unlike travel form ghost wolf can be dispelled.

Earthbind is pretty useless, earthgrab is pretty much the only defense Shamans have against melees. A hand of freedom, simple dispell or a root breaker puts an ende to that fairly fast. Forget about getting rid of a retri for example, just not going to happen for a long time. And ghost wolf only brings you up to 100% movement speed, so without peels you wont get rid of melees training you being supported by a Paladin or their own class abilities.

The problem about shamans kick immunity is that a single dispell will kill it, as soon as you dispell spirits walkers grace the immunity is gone aswell. So it isn't very reliable at all if the enemy team has ANY class able to purge. Also while trained by the melee pain train you are not going to get off a while lot of heals. You're talking as if all these melees have no interrupts (some of them several), stuns, fears and other stuff to interrupt a Shamans spell casting.

The only thing that is nice is spirit link totem, but even that requires your team mates to actually run to you and get very close thus making them easy targets for CC. Also it can't be used while in any kind of CC or silenced for that matter and can be destroyed.

Yeah because you'll heal so much when being trained by several melees. Spoken like a true druid who has no idea whatsoever how it feels not being able to get those melees off you and then running around a pillar while laughing madly because they have no chance in hell to catch up with you.
    This sounds like a big "I can't play Resto Sham" post, no offense. Resto shammies are wildly regarded as insane right now. Also... moving at 100% as a ghost wolf while they are earthbounded means you are moving MUCH faster than them. Even if they totem smash, they are dropping target. And god forbid peels are actually needed, that's how PvP works. Also, fake-cast kicks. It's not hard, a single greater healing wave will heal you like a truck.

So many disc haters, disc will be fine passive 30% damage reduction, the way rogues are on ptr and well mages expect rmp to be a really strong comp

Kind of sad that Disc being good is based of a comp. Paladins and Shams have a niche but can fit into anything...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    This sounds like a big "I can't play Resto Sham" post, no offense. Resto shammies are wildly regarded as insane right now. Also... moving at 100% as a ghost wolf while they are earthbounded means you are moving MUCH faster than them. Even if they totem smash, they are dropping target. And god forbid peels are actually needed, that's how PvP works. Also, fake-cast kicks. It's not hard, a single greater healing wave will heal you like a truck.
    Dude I am most likely higher in both Arenas and RBG than you are. You guys are more often then not pretty horrible DPS who get killed by healers at times, to many of you even discs as they currently are are "op". Listening to you guys is as if you have no gap closers, no CC, no stuns or slows whatsoever and as if your attacks hit like a wet noodle, well they most likely do because many of you have no gear whatsoever!

I kinda suspect you never had a DK and Warrior train you, because in all honesty both earthgrab and ghostwolf will do very little to help you very little when trying to get some distance between you and them. And it's not as if both of them are able to solo drop a target within seconds when popping cool downs much less when they work together.

The only chance for most healers to survive on the long run in the current environment is through a lot of support from their DPS. Because having 2+ DPS on you will do you no good, especially with the current melee and some classes such as ferals completly ignore the defenses of several healers.

Resto druid changes look very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Druids are getting nerfed, Disc and Holy Priests are getting buffed and nerfed and so still won't be relevant, Mistweavers are getting well deserved buffs - probably not enough of them though to bring them to Rsham/Hpal representation, Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins are staying just as they are - despite being borderline OP. Not sure how you think Hpallies are going to get even relatively worse this patch.
    Druids aren't really getting nerfed. Sure displacer beast is getting nerfed; just means that every resto druid is going to go wildcharge. Which is still powerful. Not to mention the Hot healing increase.

The CC nerfs are going to hurt pally alot. Not being able to insta blinding light mellee off is going to hurt pallyies alot. Don't get me wrong its justified, but blizzard are going about it the wrong way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I currently have all 5 healers at 90, and I personally think that they go like this:

HPaly > Rshamy > Rdruid > MWmonk > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Disc

Hpaly and shamy are interchable, they are pretty even but i think more ppl are rolling shaman. Rdruids are good until they have no CD's then they die too easily. MWmonk is THE BEST as far as mobility. Very difficult to hold them down so mele cleve comps have troubles with them. but with a vast majority of their spells being cast while channeling soothing mist (an 8 second channel) vulnerable to interrupts a lot.

I wasnt even going to include disc, but its an option (but not really) very little CD's and not a lot of viability, stun=death
    You Underestimate Me, Galvatron.

Only 3 of my healing spells are castable, and I really do not use them that much. Then they are buffing our damage which will increase our healing for fistweaving so we even will have more instants we are able to depend on. Soothing mist is okayish healing, Surging mist mana regen sucks and we have way more better skills to use besides that enveloping mist is okayish.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Rsham or Rdruid