Trade Skill help

Hey guys!

Im fairely new to GW2, and although i feel like im picking it back up pretty quickly after a pretty long break, i still havnt broken into trade skills even in the slightest. Im currently playing a mesmer, and was wondering if trade skills offer my character anything in particular? Any bonuses for certain skills etc? I was looking into crafting myself a legendary in the future and was looking at armorsmith / weaponsmith. Thoughts?

Any help much appreciated!

One thing to remember about crafting in this game is that you can learn all 8 disciplines on the same character. You can only have 2 active at a time but if you switch to a different crafting discipline you won't lose any progress you have made on the other.

If you keep up your crafting to your level the crafted stuff can be useful to you. If you are looking it at that way then for your mesmer you probably want to be a tailor before an armorsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    One thing to remember about crafting in this game is that you can learn all 8 disciplines on the same character. You can only have 2 active at a time but if you switch to a different crafting discipline you won't lose any progress you have made on the other.

If you keep up your crafting to your level the crafted stuff can be useful to you. If you are looking it at that way then for your mesmer you probably want to be a tailor before an armorsmith.
    Well thats pretty awesome to know! So just to be sure, if i get my weaponsmith / tailoring to max level i can train in armorsmith eventually and not have to start tailoring from scratch again?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    Well thats pretty awesome to know! So just to be sure, if i get my weaponsmith / tailoring to max level i can train in armorsmith eventually and not have to start tailoring from scratch again?
    Correct. So if you had Armorsmith at skill level 380, switched to tailoring, your armorsmith would be at 380 once you switch back. You never lose any progress.