Kri'Tak Mace (Lfr) vs Jin'Ya (497 staff) boomkin?

so i got the staff with my token lastnight and .. i was looking..

woulde it be better to keep Mace ( /w sha gem)LFR Version and feng 489 offhand

(or)

the jinya staff ( 497 staff off lei shi and possibly get a gem in it

any suggestions?

both look good so i wanted a second opinion

Staff. It's BiS for boomkin, not to mention the stats off the 497 is better than the combined mace and offhand. I imagine you're unlikely to need the spirit for hit, and you can always grab another gem for the Staff (and you should).

staff would be better only because of higher higher ilevel.

is it worth the 9k gold for another gem + however much for another jade spirit? that's up to you.

Deleted
    Staff is not BiS for moonkins. Empress mace + bladelord OH is our best in slot (HC versions ofc). If 20k is not problem for you to buy alter another gem, I'd use it in staff, till you will get normal mace. From other side, i dont think diffrence in dps will be big enough for you to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmazee View Post
    Staff is not BiS for moonkins. Empress mace + bladelord OH is our best in slot (HC versions ofc). If 20k is not problem for you to buy alter another gem, I'd use it in staff, till you will get normal mace. From other side, i dont think diffrence in dps will be big enough for you to see it.
    I had read that it was somewhere... but I could be wrong. It was pretty close to MoP's release and I'm sure much theory-crafting has been done since then.

At any rate, it's almost a moot point as you point out: it's not super likely you'll notice a huge difference in your DPS, if any at all.