Can I set up dual monitors so accessing one doesn't close fullscreen on the other?

Pretty much the title. I have a 23" flat screen and an old 15" hunk-o'-junk. What I was thinking of doing was putting whatever game I have on the flat screen, and dragging Firefox, AIM, and anything that might pop up, so I don't have the game suddenly minimize on me (and sometimes crash, which happens on some games when you go to and from fullscreen). Is there any way to do that? Right now I have both set up as extended, and tried playing a fullscreen game to test. I dragged all of the other windows to my secondary monitor, and when I click on anything in the other monitor, my fullscreen game on the primary monitor minimizes.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the game, but there should be an option for "Fullscreen (Windowed)". Most games i have support it pretty well, WoW, SC2, Deadspace2, D3... EVE does not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It depends on the game, but there should be an option for "Fullscreen (Windowed)". Most games i have support it pretty well, WoW, SC2, Deadspace2, D3... EVE does not like it.
    So there's no way to do that with pure fullscreen games? Darn. I was hoping to have Winamp, AIM, and what-have-you open. I guess I'll have to either go without them or use windowed for some games. Oh well, thanks. Almost done with Scribblenauts Unlimited anyway..

Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windowed fullscreen should work just as good, I've been playing games like that for ~2-3 years now.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Windowed fullscreen should work just as good, I've been playing games like that for ~2-3 years now.
    I prefer it as well, it's just not always available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    I prefer it as well, it's just not always available.
    What games are you trying to get to run like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    eve you can just go window mode and press maximise in the top right cornor will not be fully full screen but with eve that is not needed tbh.

Rest you said i completely agree with.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Thanks, that's helpful.