Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kri'Tak Mace (Lfr) vs Jin'Ya (497 staff) boomkin?

so currently im using the Lfr Version of Kri'Tak ( the mace off empress in Hof .
    and
    i also got the staff from my token off Lei shi in normal Toes....

woulde it be better to keep the lfr mace ( with sha touched gem ) and Feng offhand ( 489) or go with the staff and spend 10k to get the sha gem for it..

Any suggestion? they both looked good to me but i see everyone with the mace so i was i hesitant if i wanna keep the staff or just vendor or something

If you are regularly downing Normal Empress then I would stick with the Staff with NO gem...

If you are not regularly downing Empress I would swiftly put a Gem in the staff and upgrade it too 504... It will help you greatly on progression.

This will help too cause I believe most healers will be gunning for that mace as well and it won't be an immediate upgrade as you have a 504 staff.

Higher item level (8+) > itemization on weapons since Spell Power is a big factor!
    Last edited by Kilma; 2013-01-31 at 01:00 AM.

Nah.. we clear 16/16 weekly ... so i guess il stick with what i got and maybe try out staff to for funzies on some fights and see how it works.. bc i got some competition for the mace

Use the staff. Whether you upgrade it and slot it depends on how easy it is for you to recoup those losses.

I find your question weird.

Do you ask if staff is better for you than Empress LFR mace+489 OH?

Simple answer is: staff is better

Or are you asking if it s a good idea to spend another 10k gold? the answer to that depends on the fact if you re rich or not, and since you bother to ask I assume you are not.

Me myself I would not hesitate at all and buy that 10k gem plus upgrade the staff with valor. And so I did, being in exactly the same situation with lfr krithak + 489 OH.

it improved my performance quite a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    If you are regularly downing Normal Empress then I would stick with the Staff with NO gem...

If you are not regularly downing Empress I would swiftly put a Gem in the staff and upgrade it too 504... It will help you greatly on progression.

This will help too cause I believe most healers will be gunning for that mace as well and it won't be an immediate upgrade as you have a 504 staff.

Higher item level (8+) > itemization on weapons since Spell Power is a big factor!
    Downed HC Empress last ID and it doesnt change the fact that 8 specs compete for this god damn mace. If you arent guaranteed to get the mace in the next month, I'd put the gem and the eye on your staff.

Keep the following in mind as well: There will be no more new sha-weapons after 5.2.

nah i was saying i dont mind spending the gold if i shoulde just use Staff over the mace but seeing how i got a 50/50 chance at getting mace bc its just me and 1 other person.

Unless I'm wrong, MH+OH is better for all classes due to the double enchant. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

yeah ur right but .. since i got that staff from my token wasnt sure if itd be better or even worth spending the gold on if ima get mace when it drops so ... il just wait for 497 mace i guess

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Unless I'm wrong, MH+OH is better for all classes due to the double enchant. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.
    This is correct... if, and only if, both options are the same iLvl. The normal Staff easily beats the LFR mace.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Keep the following in mind as well: There will be no more new sha-weapons IN 5.2.
    Some people might have been confused by that so I fixed it.

Use the staff upgrade it as much as you can, then wait till no one else in your group needs a sha weapon to take a crack at the mace, because even though it's an upgrade, it's not huge enough that it's worth worrying about and quite honestly, your vp going into upgrading a different piece of gear rather than upgrading a second sha weapon may give you more of an upgrade. Maxing out the value of the sha-touched weapon you have will improve your performance right now, which should be your goal rather than waiting and hoping for a weapon you may never get.

To put it in perspective, your net gain of having the mace with that OH over the staff is 104 intellect, but the haste/crit itemization of the staff will probably end up being better than the 733 spirit you get on the mh/oh combo which will further narrow the gap. Given current levels of intellect, that 104 int is going to translate into <1% dps on your overall performance. In summation, take the staff, let your healers have the mace.
    Last edited by ganush; 2013-01-31 at 08:40 PM.

Hate to start a new thread almost identical to this one, so I'm gonna ask here.
    How about the lfr Kri'Tak vs an Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuna View Post
    Hate to start a new thread almost identical to this one, so I'm gonna ask here.
    How about the lfr Kri'Tak vs an Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger?
    Elite crackling dagger. By a long shot.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Use the staff upgrade it as much as you can, then wait till no one else in your group needs a sha weapon to take a crack at the mace, because even though it's an upgrade, it's not huge enough that it's worth worrying about and quite honestly, your vp going into upgrading a different piece of gear rather than upgrading a second sha weapon may give you more of an upgrade. Maxing out the value of the sha-touched weapon you have will improve your performance right now, which should be your goal rather than waiting and hoping for a weapon you may never get.

To put it in perspective, your net gain of having the mace with that OH over the staff is 104 intellect, but the haste/crit itemization of the staff will probably end up being better than the 733 spirit you get on the mh/oh combo which will further narrow the gap. Given current levels of intellect, that 104 int is going to translate into <1% dps on your overall performance. In summation, take the staff, let your healers have the mace.

thanks.. never thought about it that way.. bc we have a healer who needs it plus it still needs to drop and after they get it. if itl even drop again .. so yeah il just put a gem and upgrade the staff

Sunfyre, what about this:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agata/advanced

Normal Kri'Tak Mace with extra socket and crystallized horror (2 times upgraded)
    OR
    Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger (I got this dagger yesterday).

Deleted
    There is no reason why you should be considering using Regails dagger over a KriTak.

Kritak is a way better in all important stats.

But if I'm looking to the BiS topic, Regail's Dagger is better then Kri'tak?

-------------
    Excuse Me, just checked again, I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Aoshi; 2013-02-01 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kordruid View Post
    thanks.. never thought about it that way.. bc we have a healer who needs it plus it still needs to drop and after they get it. if itl even drop again .. so yeah il just put a gem and upgrade the staff
    Plus, correct me if I am wrong, upgrading staff with valor is 2 times cheaper than upgrading MH +OH with valor.