Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Love the idea but I don't see blizzard ever doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Love the idea but I don't see blizzard ever doing it.
    If you mean cultural gear, they've already done it. If you mean what I was day dreaming about, yeah, probably not. But I never would have expected the Shieldwall story either.

The Argent Tournament rewards were all specifically racial themed weapons. I still have those gorgeous Teldrassil silver axes with glowing moons on them I am going to mog to match as a pair in 5.2 (for now I use one of them in my current look).

We've also seen the datamined items in 5.2, like the rose covered DK worgen runeblade, and the Frostwolf Orc axe, and all those items which got us talking about this earlier in the week in the first place.

Not to mention Worgen starting zone gear, Pandaren starting zone gear, etc etc
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Sentinel outfits, like those in art, in all armour types for my night elf toons and I will be a very happy lady.

recreating the experience of being a night elf in Vanilla
    You mean the skeleton filled swamp of doom where hungry crocolisks devoured countless new night elf adventurers as they made the harrowing trek towards SW? D:

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely good idea. I would sooooooo love a dark leather coat and something like a gasmask for my Forsaken! And a green syringe off-hand! Or a twitching parasitic worm off-hand! Or a barrel with some homunculus on the back of my monk brewmaster! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-31 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Absolutely good idea. I would sooooooo love a dark leather coat and something like a gasmask for my Forsaken!
    They really need to make that vile fumigator's mask transmogable. I like that one coz my eyebrows stick through the lenses

Deleted
    Pffft elves? Trolls?

Try finding proper cultural-looking non-leather transmog gear for tauren, I dare you.

Fully support the idea BTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Some race/class specific weapons have been slipped in the last few PTR builds, so that's a start.
    Oho, really? Do we have imagery of these?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yes this would be freaking amazing, I wish Blizzard would do this, but I fear it would be swept under the carpet as a minor thing and they wouldn't commit the art team to such a thing.
    this unfortunately
    Think for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I love this idea. I've always tried to get my xmog sets perfect to fit with Race and Class definition. I know already there are a few that scream it:

Tauren Druid - T6
    Draenei Paladin - T5
    Troll any class - ZA/ZG, Shatt JP gear

(any more examples, feel free to add, this is all I could think of off the top of my head)

A large amount of the BC gear seemed to have been designed for Belves and Draenei, but there are some that still fit into it very well.
    Except for the hat, I feel that Tier 0.5 (Soulforge) fits Draenei Paladins even better.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    i ran a quick search and didnt see any other threads on this, so i figured id post

after playing GW2 for a while, it made me think that hey, wouldnt cultural gear be a cool idea for transmog in wow?

each race could have a certain set of gear, maybe like every 30 levels (30, 60, 90) that looks like it belongs to that specific races culture, getting more ornate and fancy as each set progresses

ive always had this thing where i would like my characters to look suitably "blood elf" or "troll" (etc) and i think that adding in this feature would be pretty neat

thoughts?
    Don't we already have that? For example T9 Mage set is clearly Blood Elf themed, DS mage tier is clearly Gnome themed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Don't we already have that? For example T9 Mage set is clearly Blood Elf themed, DS mage tier is clearly Gnome themed.
    T9 is more Horde-themed than anything, they fit orcish aesthetics quite well, T13 was a technomancer type (though that archetype does indeed mostly fit gnomes and goblins).

Anyhow, the point is we have many sets that fit the class, but not many that fit a specific race. Even then, the 'racial sets' are usually limited to one single type of armour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Even then, the 'racial sets' are usually limited to one single type of armour.
    True, what they should do is add a copy of every tier set and make it armor-less and not have class restrictions. They can then add the tokens for it to the drop tables of the bosses that also drop the real tokens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    T9 is more Horde-themed than anything, they fit orcish aesthetics quite well
    That's because T9 was specifically designed for factions, not classes, remember? Actually, I like the Alliance leather from T9 so goddamn much I consider rerolling my monk into Alliance just to get the look-alike of this set in Jade Forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of faction/class/race specific gear. The only problem I would see is people would cry SEAS full of tears because they can't have a specific item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play an Orc and already transmog with inpsiration of Orc culture...I've got the Headdress of the First Shaman which is a great facsimile of the Far Seer's mask in WC3, and a lot of the Grunt's set matched up with some shoulders that look very much like the Orgrimmar guard's. cultural gear would be great, but I would actually just like to be able to grab sets that matched NPCs in game. Would love an authentic Orgrimmar guard setup and stuff like that. That all said, there really already is a lot of great xmg gear out there to be had. More would be better I guess...but there is something to be said for people mixing and matching and making their own uniqueish looks.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be amazing! I am a transmog addict. I would adore it and have wished for this for awhile now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    That's because T9 was specifically designed for factions, not classes, remember?
    Yeah, I just addressed the whole 'blood elf gear' thing, it's generally Horde-inspired rather than being race-inspired.

Deleted
    Really love this idea, and have thought about it a few times. The way I feel it should work is there are 2 types of set for each of the armor types (so 2 leather, 2 cloth, 2 mail and 2 plate) lets just call them set one and set two, lets use tauren as an example (as this is my favorite race and what first made me want this kind of thing in the game) so you play a tauren, you have access to set one, so does every other tauren, this means you can go to the thunderbluff quartermaster and buy a set of armour for one of the 4 armour types (for instance a warrior would pick the plate one) use this to trasmorg your gear. This type one armour will be SPECIFICALLY designed on a tauren model, it wont even fit any other race as they would never have it, because of this the art team can go nuts, interact with the horns, hooves, whatever they want and make it look very tribal, very native american, very tauren.

Now set two is accessible by all races that reach exalted with that faction, so you get exalted with thunderbluff as a blood elf, you can buy a set from the quartermaster (same as above, you pick the armour class that fits your class) these will look VERY different to set one and much more 'generic' in terms of wow gear, but will still be unique and one look will show you which city that armour is from.

I understand this is a lot of work (8 sets PER sub faction!) prehaps too much time, but my way of thinking is if its worth doing, do it right. If blizzard decided they wanted to do this and did it like this, it would use up a lot of time but would be a tremendous addition to the game, ESPECIALLY if released with the new race models.

Nice idea

I always thought it'd be cool to have a BOA transmog set for each race drop from Archaeology.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Hate to burst your bubble but there's a lot of effort put in the tier gear as it currently is, so this would be really time consuming and expensive. Although on a second thought, the artwork would need to only have to fit on one race, so there's less QA. Thing with GW2 is tho, they allow the player to apply their own colours, and this concept I really like. So only the actual artwork and deciding different parts to contain the same color (C1, C2, C3, C4 etc). Still, its a big change from how WoW is currently. I hope new MMOs will follow a different path.

(And get rid of the female breast visible in plate; its just not how plate is worn by females, and it doesn't protect the female at all. Its actually dangerous.)