Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Culture / Faction sets? Yes yes yes yes yes!

Yes!
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    This is a great idea - hie thee hence to the official suggestion forums, good sir!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

FF11 had something like this, there was a race-specific chain at a certain level that rewarded a themed set of armor for that race.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I would kill for that sets.

Last edited by Andromedes; 2013-02-01 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    That's because T9 was specifically designed for factions, not classes, remember? Actually, I like the Alliance leather from T9 so goddamn much I consider rerolling my monk into Alliance just to get the look-alike of this set in Jade Forest.
    Good to see I'm not the only one that loved the Alliance leather T9.
    Definitely like this idea.Would be ballin' if it ever comes to be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    This idea is cool, unique, fun, and would add something beyond mindless raiding and pvping to the world of warcraft.

That's why it's never gonna happen.
    The worst part is that you're right.

Deleted
    Love the idea

Deleted
    Yeah indeed, that would be a lot of fun, both to wear and to collect.

Blizzard has made leaps in this department since the introduction of transmog, and with Mists we even saw special sets JUST for transmog. I would love to see more of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it. I'm trying to create a Deathguard-style transmog set for my Undead Hunter, but the best fits I can find are all either white items or non-mail. Plus I can't find the tabard/chestpiece they use.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    They've been making gear inspired for specific races for years, but nowhere near enough, and not in any specialized way. It was one of the first things I immediatly loved about making a blood elf or draenei in TBC, they created quest rewards designed to look relevant to the character's culture.

Every once in a while in random places, Blizzard does this still.

I've talked about this a few times this week, but my dream content would be a reputation system for each race sort of, with a Shieldwall style daily system for each race you would have to travel to Teldrassil or Durotar or Mulgore or Elywnn Forest etc to take part in, and every few days you would unlock a new major step in a storyline completely focused around each race.

Using phasing it would be great to go back to your starting area and around the world for different lore oriented reasons.

And the reward would be racial weapons and armor and toy trinkets all concerned with that race.

I wish archaeology was something like that.
    This is such a great idea!!!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for more racial/culturally inspired gear, but I don't like the idea of restricting it.

There's a lot of gear that already is clearly inspired by iconic class/race combos, and I think that the ideal would be that it existed a Gear for each race/class combo. But again, I don't like the idea of restricting it.

It's all about *choice*

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this would be an excellent addition. I can't see it happening before the new race models though. Having said that, if blizzard did it in connection with the new races they could make a ton of money from race/faction changes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    FF11 had something like this, there was a race-specific chain at a certain level that rewarded a themed set of armor for that race.
    Which was just a recolor of the gear they wore when you first created them.

Deleted
    I support this idea, but I'm not sure if it will happen. However I really think they need to rethink the transmog rules and allow us to transmog cloth into leather, plate into cloth, etc etc which would do wonders for getting a more race like look for your toon.

Knowing Blizzard, we will just get bunch of human/orc themed sets.