Thread: Rogue UI

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue UI

Hey guys,

Finished updating my Rogue UI. (1920x1080)

Works right out of the box for PvE/PvP. Very sleek and minimal.

Has all Weakauras set up for every spec, timers set up for every spec, nice 3D auras for every finisher and major Cooldown, as well as good looking Auras for Execute, Low Health, Killing Blows, and a bunch of other stuff.

If anyone cares to check it out, you can find it at: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...169-BlkUI.html

If anyone has any questions, just let me know. Always glad to help!

Mod edit: i fixed your links and post layout.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-01-31 at 07:43 AM.

hi hi. thanks for the ui pack. I'll check it out later today and let you know my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there more action bars available without having to disable it to change binds and then turn it back on, and are you going to maintain it?

I like the setup. But i wouldn't call it mininal :3 anyway it's not bad, there's a lot of improvement areas - like you name on player frame and the HP displayed two times (value and %); borders looks fuzzy, but maybe i'm too much used to 1px borders and it could be an imgur issue; would like to see how you managed additional actionbars and the buttons can be much smaller

Nice project, keep working on it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

how to do it:
    "When you download this, edit the folders to rename them from the generic "Account Name", "Server", "Character" to your actual accountname - the same goes for the server- and characternames" i dont see any account names/character... what i need to edit?

Deleted
    Like I said in the other thread, good job. This is a sufficiently different UI that it gets my attention - your ability to improve and maintain it will determine whether it's worth swapping over to.

In general, when talking about UI, I've always strived to hit a mark between aesthetics and practicality - if it can be slick looking, nice, but those looks should never come at the price of impairing your playstyle. At an extreme, check the UI of any top raider; it's a complete mess, but boy is it efficient. In this case, I think you're too far on the other end of the scale - hiding action bars is just not feasible if you want to reliable track abilities, cooldowns, pots, and other utility on the fly.

Do you intend to skin other frames to match the layout?

I generally update it every month or whatnot if necessary.

I raid perfectly fine with it, and am 15/16H, working on H Sha. I've never had any issues.

Yes, the HP is shown twice I suppose. Mainly you'll look at the 100% one to tell where you health is, rather than: Hey, I have 224.3k Health! But knowing overall health is nice as well, and I like the appearance.

Yeah, not really into the Nintendo-esque pixel fonts and such. I suppose it could be cleaner, but I did the best I could with my knowledge of making a UI. lol

The additional actionbars (bar 1/2) appear when you hit the button on the bottom right of Skada. After playing for the greater part of a decade, I really don't need to see them anymore. I just need to reference the cooldown bar in the bottom center, and other random CD's will appear on the cooldown line.

Which other frames are you referring to, as to match? The Raid frames already match. I'm not really willing to reskin DBM and have to do it every single DBM update, which is frequent. Beyond that, most of it is fairly similar.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback, and appreciate you resizing the screenshots Coldkil.
    Last edited by Chult; 2013-01-31 at 08:36 AM.

Ok for fonts, but a sharp border looks better imho - like the one on your minimap. As i said, the concept is really nice and if you keep working on it, it can definitely be interesting.

As for DBM skin, you can download my skin addon in you want http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21090.html and edit it to match your UI. This way you can update DBM endlessly without losing the skin.

First UI I've seen in weeks (perhaps months now) that I would consider using, I'm incredibly picky about my UI, and whilst I think yours is not perfect, it is very nice.

A couple of pointers:
    Your combo point multi-bar is a bit... big, isn't it? It feels out of place with the rest of the minimalism
    The font size seems rather random around different objects, the title on your skada frame, health percentages etc.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok for fonts, but a sharp border looks better imho - like the one on your minimap. As i said, the concept is really nice and if you keep working on it, it can definitely be interesting.

As for DBM skin, you can download my skin addon in you want http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21090.html and edit it to match your UI. This way you can update DBM endlessly without losing the skin.
    Awesome, I'll have to do that. Thanks Cold. The only way I knew to personally edit DBM would need a reapplication every update, so that would be awesome if I could make it work. I'll post later this week with the edited DBM frames.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    First UI I've seen in weeks (perhaps months now) that I would consider using, I'm incredibly picky about my UI, and whilst I think yours is not perfect, it is very nice.

A couple of pointers:
    Your combo point multi-bar is a bit... big, isn't it? It feels out of place with the rest of the minimalism
    The font size seems rather random around different objects, the title on your skada frame, health percentages etc.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's a work in progress for sure.

The only two fonts I use are:Neuropol and Vibrocen. Neuropol is hard to read on certain things or at certain sizes, at which point I use Vibrocen. LUI uses the exact same fonts, which is where I found them when I used it some time back.

Yeah, I could probably resize the Combo Frame. It was a headache dealing with slanted edges as when I would need to move and resize things, the slanted edges wouldn't be flush anymore. I could try reducing it's size by 50% and see if it works.

That's exactly why i made that addon (credits anyway go to Wildbreath and Haleth, the original authors).

Speaking of borders, the only way I could make the slanted frame border work is with Stuf is by a combination of Stuf/Kgpanels. Kgpanels does the borders for the frame, and I imported a slanted bar texture to match up with it.

Is there a more efficient way to do this that you would suggest? I'm all for cleaner lines on the borders if I can figure out a way to do so.

I should look at the addons you use and lua code...it's not something i can fix in minutes unfortunately :/

with addon is for actionbars? i want to change them because they are messing up

10+ Year Old Account
    Look great, i play in a notebook, any chance of resize to 1360x768?

Deleted
    CPs bar is ugly.

Deleted
    Nice, very simplistic.

Though I've never understood why it seems like everyone's got their portraits/minimap's down so low. Better overview, what?

i like it very simple took me a while how to figure out to move raid frames but it works well now
    Last edited by Dembian; 2014-04-22 at 09:08 AM.

should include engineering gloves cd tracker(beyond the forte exorcorcist pane), a lot of people macro it but for the discerning player it is nice, plus if you're gonna make tiles and the cd bar for everything else, why not for completeness sake.

This the best, most amazing UI I have ever had. I will be keeping this for a LONG time. thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone answer this fast please : DO I NEED TO UPDATE THE ADDONS IN CURSE CLIENT OR WILL THAT BREAK THE UI?