Deleted

Could this work as a gaming Laptop?

Hiya!

I'm a complete blorp when it comes to computers specs and what they can do and such, but I really love games. Now, I travel ALOT so I need my gaming PC to be easy to transport. The past 8 years I've been gaming on laptops, the first an HP (which I came to regret) and my current being an Acer Aspire. I've come to really LOVE Acer. I'm still using this 4 year old model and it still runs new releases - if atleast on lowest settings with tolerable lag. But it's time to upgrade.

I need someone with some PC experience, preferably with laptop experience aswell, who can tell me if this laptop would be ideal for modern games on moderate or higher settings:

ACER ASPIRE V3-771G-73638G50MAII

Processor:
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    Processor Number: 3632QM
    Processor Core: Quad Core
    Clock Speed: 2200 MHz
    Turbo Frequency: 3200 MHz

Memory:
    Internal RAM: 8 GB
    Memory type: SO-DIMM DDR3-1600
    RAM expandable: No.
    Up to RAM memory: 8 GB (8192 MB)
    Memory Locks total: 2
    Memory layout: 2x4 GB

Graphics cards:
    Video Card Family: NVIDIA GeForce
    Type of card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710M
    Memory: 1024 MB

- If there's anything else I should provide, let me know (As said, I'm not quite computer smart enough to know about this stuff hence why I'm asking =) )

Thanks in advance!
    - Kasperio.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CPU is fine, but the GPU isn't very good even being a GeForce 7... (It's a rebranded Low-end Fermi GPU).

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How much is this laptop? Where are you located? I found the cheapest ASUS G75 from TigerDirect to be a good build if you are in the USA. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...410&CatId=3998

If you want to stick with ACER just use the ASUS as a comparison point.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan