Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I return? HUH NNOOO!!!

So a few days ago I posted asking if I should return. I left at the end of Wrath of The Lich King. I didn't agree with the path Blizzard took the game. The game became to casual play focused.

Anyway I have now given the game 72 hours and $15. I got my character to 90. Found I was hit with a mass of dailies unlike anything before. So I went exploring instead around the world since I missed Cata. CRZ kicked in.....of course. Gotta say I hate the laggy zones, no scaling profession nodes. I tried mining.....complete lost cause. The kicker was being dismounted for using my two person rocket when entering or exiting a zone.... Not to mention the constant random gankings over and over. People camping dark portal for no real reason. So after being ganked for 45 minutes, I logged out. Came back 3 hours later.....only to see more gankers thanks to CRZ. Lucky me I used LFG and got a group almost instantly. Also pvp and arena..........are in a horrible state.

Needless to say I'm not impressed at all. The new content all looks great. However the story is lacking, CRZ is bug infested, and I don't feel like doing 101 dailies. Beyond the pretty zones, it's really just trash to me. The worse part about it is.......apparently people think it's ok. Instead of standing up and saying no we don't like this horrible stuff. People just pretend it will go away. Blizzard seems to gate needed gear behind reputations. Then from my understand pretends that it's not forcing players into it......

So canceled my account and contacted costumer service for a refund. Thankfully they gave me one. I'll try again next expansion. Hopefully it will be the last one too. Better yet....gonna play Elder Scrolls Online. Blizzard reminds me of George Lucas. Both are ruining their own creations, despite fans crying out to stop. My personal opinion for all of you thinking about coming back.......DO NOT DO IT. STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT! Though they freely hand out legendary items now...it doesn't make up for the epic fail that is MoP.

I know I am gonna get trolled to death and the fanboys will descend to eat my corpus. However this is all my opinions of the game and nothing more. Please don't take offence to it.
    Last edited by hambadger; 2013-01-31 at 01:08 AM.

MOP sucks. Cata sucked slightly less... Wow is going this direction cause blizzzard & activision is trying to please the majority of players.
    And as you all know, majority is worse then the rest. Maybe cause they cant play / practice or not. So blizzard dumbs game down.
    Now its just button bash CD race... Its terrible... cant talk on Pve behalf, cause i havent pve'ed since wotlk.
    5.2 will fix it, i doubt it...

And why start a thread then? To discuss your opinions? Like that's gonna happen, you're likely steadfast in your opinions and others can then agree or disagree.

So I guess I'll just say:

Alright, fair enough, bet you won't wanna return ever then.

Deleted
    So you quit because you hated how everything was "handed out" to players, then bitch that you have to work for epics in MoP?

Hilarious.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    And why start a thread then? To discuss your opinions? Like that's gonna happen, you're likely steadfast in your opinions and others can then agree or disagree.

So I guess I'll just say:

Alright, fair enough, bet you won't wanna return ever then.
    I started this thread for friends who asked me too. I also felt the need to report my point of view. Your right I won't be back. Thanks for your concern though.

Deleted
    You dont need to do dailies to raid, sure the gear you can buy is good if you are unlucky with drops.

CRZ is designed so it will never be more ppl than blizzard wanted in the zone from the start. That is why you cant mine old stuff easy. So if you are in mount hyjal and blizzard have designed all the nodes for 200 ppl there will not be more than 200 ppl there. I love CRZ because now i see other ppl when i farm or quest.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So you quit because you hated how everything was "handed out" to players, then bitch that you have to work for epics in MoP?

Hilarious.
    Might wanna read the post again...... Your reading skills are Hilarious

*Checks calendar* Hmm. January 30th.

Your "Should I return" thread was posted January 28th. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...urn?p=20018133

And you've already spent 72 straight hours in the game, leveled to 90, tried mining old world mats(what the heck for?), tried PvP and arenas, etc.?

Sounds a bit like you're making stuff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    MOP sucks. Cata sucked slightly less...
    There we go! I finally saw it. Someone said Cata is better than MoP! No, Cata isn't better than MoP just like people were saying Wotlk was better than Cata.

OT: It's sad to know you didn't enjoy it, hope you find the next expansion more attractive

Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    So canceled my account and contacted costumer service for a refund. Thankfully they gave me one.
    This is the only part that interested me since the rest was all the same doomsayer nonsense people have been spouting since the expansion launched, as if Cataclysm was sooo much better with its ridiculously stretched out content and remarkable lack of things to do.

So, pray tell, how exactly did you get them to give you a refund? Last time I checked "I didn't like it" wasn't a strong enough argument for free money.

Also, just in case you were wondering, generally when giving feedback about an expansion you should mention why you play it.

ie. I'm a pvper so I did arena to 2200 rating and found certain classes way overpowered
    I'm a raider and I find the current content under/overtuned
    I'm an LFR farmer and it now annoys me other people can't pass their loot to me so I autowin

10+ Year Old Account
    "I quit" threads aren't allowed here. There is no real discussion to be had if you choose to stop playing the game or not.