Thread: Martial Arts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Wing chun... would be best yes, it will teach you to master your feelings, its relaxing.
    Are you sure you're not talking about Tia Chi?

If you relaxed where I trained Wing Chun, you'd wake up out side with ice on your face and nuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    What kind of martial art doesnt let you practice on people? sounds like a con.
    I practiced Wushu when I was younger and it was mostly about performing series of routines (i.e. forms) rather than full-contact fighting. We did fight other opponents every now and then, but it was mostly to learn how to properly execute the techniques that we used in the forms. It's not really practical for actual combat though. You could've easily replaced my dao with a ribbon and I would've looked like a Russian gymnast. But it was quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Are you sure you're not talking about Tia Chi?

If you relaxed where I trained Wing Chun, you'd wake up out side with ice on your face and nuts.
    Nope and yes, by mastering your feelings you can learn to relax and let go instead of bottling up and needing to "release"
    Also wing chun as several asian martial arts relies on knowing when to relax and when to tense, to conserve energy and let energy flow freely, it can be very relaxing.
    You can also shadow it and slow-mo it, which are forms of training and are very relaxing.

You mayhaps are mixing mental and physical relaxation?

Tai chi would also work, but that is not one of the options.