WoW dropping my internet connection

For the past few months ill get it every couple of days where my internet connection is fine and quick but when i start wow it bogs it down way more than normal. to the point where it drops the wireless connection constantly. It's only WoW that does it from what i can tell. Anyone know what it could be?

I have AT&T and am wirelessly connected to the router upstairs (which is only a problem when on wow as mentioned)

If I shut off wow everything (albeit in a few min.) starts working again and I go back to normal.
    I've looked through the settings in WoW for anything that could be drawing to muc but nothing fits the bill and/or changes the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    does this just affect you, or does everyone lose wireless when you play wow?

Just me, only have one other person on it, and they are hardwired into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have any other wireless devices, if they lose connection as well, it is probably a problem with your router, if they don't it is probably a problem with your computer, are you running any traffic shaping software or gamefirst type software?

I've not actually checked any of the other wirelessly connected things (only phone that i can think of) i shall the next chance i get

It's a pretty stock comp when it comes down to it, so no, i don't really know what they are/do.
    That's what's bugging me about it is that it goes in and out, sometimes it's fine sometimes not. If it was consistent i could figure out
    the cause.

I've been in your position when I moved house - had to use wireless to connect to the router upstairs (my home-office is in the basement lol) - and had pretty much the exact same issue: frequent connection dropouts, which wasn't really too much of a problem for 'normal' internet usage (surfing the web etc), but it friggin sucked for gaming. (wow, cs:s, cod)

And then I discovered powerline ethernet adapters from NetGear, which saved me from going insane.

I have the Netgear Powerline HDXB101 kit (now called the XAV101 btw) which came as a set of 2 adapters. Plugged first adapter into wall socket near router upstairs, 2nd adapter into wall socket near pc downstairs, cabled them up and BOOM - instant happiness. You are now effectively using a wired connection plugged straight into the router. No more crappy wireless needed.

I HIGHLY recommend that you check them out!! I've had them for ~5years now and they are most definitely the best thing since sliced bread.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:30 PM ----------

PC <===cable===> [1st adapter] .... **magic happens over the house's electrical wiring** .... [2nd adapter] <===cable===> ROUTER ---> { INTERNET }