Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    IMO ibf needs to have its rune cost removed and damage reduction increased to 30% or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    A DK choosing frost over Unholy in the first place have no clue at all. Unless their playing tsg, and I would even say Unholy is better for that aswell.
    And yea, it doesnt really DR with any ofthe talents that Frost DK's SHOULD use, which is Desecrated Ground instead of Remorseless Winter.
    For Unholy on the other hand, it DR's with Gnaw.
    I didn't say anything about arena. Frost dk is better suited for rbgs for their cleave pressure and mass death grip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    IMO ibf needs to have its rune cost removed and damage reduction increased to 30% or so.
    I agree - that's the sort of buff DKs need, not a 30s stun
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

asphysiate is only good for 2h frost dk because save 1 km for 1 oblit crit and death grip healer+asphy but with an unholy dk they do so much damage but as necrotic strike healing absorb.

next patch i go unholy and i will take chill blain because your plague strike will chill blain the target

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In other news, burst is worse in 5.2 than stampede/warrior stacking burst in 5.0 for ALL classes.
    How? 10 chars

Deleted
    Rogue - DK -Healer, I'm looking forward to it...

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it only silences IF the target is immune to stuns
    otherwise it stuns, doesn't make a big dif.

I'm disappointed that this is even a talent.

First, look at the other things in the tier. We have death's advance, a trick that makes DKs extremely hard to control. Then we have chillblains, which makes snare stupendously easy and buffs chains to start with a root. Both strong talents with huge pedigree.

Then, we add to this mix a stun? And during the expansion of Too Many Damned Stuns. Most DKs won't take it, because like foot-bound Song dynasty women, they'll be hobbling around without it. The few that DO take it will have a support crew of servants to get their enemies to hold still for them, at which point they have probably too many stuns- the level 90 talent can also be a stun, and Timmy can stun, if you can stand being unholy in PvP (it's a fine spec, if you like that sort of thing).

Then, of course, there is the fact that it replaces a silence, making it even MORE situational.

Instead of trying to figure out under which narrow situation it is OP, why not start coming up with ideas and begging Blizzard to make one of them? Think mobility or control!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I didn't say anything about arena. Frost dk is better suited for rbgs for their cleave pressure and mass death grip.
    Tbh unholy dk is suited better for rbgs aswell, no doubt. A good unholy dk will beat a frost dk in anything ANY DAY. But people seems to play the "3 buttons faceroll" spec because its more easy, and simply because they dont know how to play unholy.

i..really cant find a way to survive this shit.even 15%defensive stance doesn't help at all.still having bullshit rotation.10 rage overpower.Warriors will be completly broken in 5.2.

40sec shockwave stun 4sec.wtf?thats ridiculous.
    Last edited by walled56; 2013-02-01 at 12:45 PM.

Tbh unholy dk is suited better for rbgs aswell, no doubt. A good unholy dk will beat a frost dk in anything ANY DAY. But people seems to play the "3 buttons faceroll" spec because its more easy, and simply because they dont know how to play unholy.
    You are talking with an arena mindset about rbgs. No one cares about unholy dks in rbgs no matter how good they are.

Many of you assume chillblanes is the only way to go. It is not the end all for slows on a target and the 30 sec CD on asphyxiate will provide more control on healers and casters who have allot of outs from slows. Other classes can provide slows snares roots and stuns as well. But adding in a stun over a blanket silence can add that extra bit of pressure as the target cannot still move while this CC is up. Think about that 30 sec CD and how you can work burst around it and your comps control.

Death's Advance is still better in my opinion. Save the Strangulate combined with Gnaw to force a trinket from the healer, score the kill 1 min later by doing the same. Meanwhile you can kite melee cleaves with DA.

One of the main reasons you are frost for RBG is flag spinning. You can spin from ranged and still do good damage. Unholy has to blood boil from melee for little damage.

On maps like WSG/TP or Mines, Kotmogu I will agree that unholy will be better. Everywhere else frost is better. Also, don't underestimate the ability of a frost DK to burst on command with no buildup, which can be very powerful in any RBG for swaps.

Playerbase : Blizz there's too many instant CCs PvP isn't fun.

Blizzard : MOAR CCs, MOAR ! : http://i.imgur.com/cK4LTd9.jpg

Asphyxiate on 30 sec cd?

I will be the first to welcome this insanely op Darth Vader death grip every 30 sec.

Looking forward to play my Unholy DK with Gnaw and this 30 sec cd stun. ByeBye healers
    Dispellable so not ideal for peeling unless you multi CC, it's also not an AoE stun.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Rogue - DK -Healer, I'm looking forward to it...

otherwise it stuns, doesn't make a big dif.
    From what I read, this healer is going to need to be good. Both Rogues and Frost DKs do not have good survivability...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    From what I read, this healer is going to need to be good. Both Rogues and Frost DKs do not have good survivability...
    Have you even read the patchnotes?
    Rogues are getting a very big buff to survivability, and death knights are getting a decent buff as well, especially when unholy...