Corsair TX550M or Seasonic G Series 550W?

Which one would you prefer?

Currently because of availability I have a very limited choice of products and these are 2 that, thankfully, I can purchase and can have shipped to my country.

Which would you recommend?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are absolutely the only power supplies you can get? I'd probably go with the Corsair simply because it's cheaper, if quality was the same.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a TX v2 it's also made by seasonic i believe

15+ Year Old Account
    If i am reading this correctly, the Corsair TX550M costs about $65 and the Seasonic is at $90. So here are the pros and cons (in my opinion)

Seasonic G 550:
    + 80+ Gold
    + Seasonic build quality
    - according to reviews, some of the cables (mainly the 4/8 pin cpu connector) are not very long, so you can get into trouble with bigger cases.
    - more expensive

Corsair TX550M:
    + Cable length (i haven't actually looked that up, but all of their psus i have examined until now were generous in that regard)
    + cheaper
    o build by Channel Well (they are not bad, just not as good as Seasonic)
    - 80+ Bronze

I personally would go with the Seasonic, if you don't have a big case. But i am someone who is willing to pay $100 or more for a decent psu, and the price for the Seasonic is reasonable for what it offers.

P.S.
    Just a little warning: The TX-M series is prone to coil whine. At least that was the case about 2 years ago when it was introduced. Might have changed since then...
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

As far as i know TX550M is more expensive than G550.
    I would go with G550 over TX550M.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00918MEZG/?tag=pcpapi-20 $86 is a bargain for a gold rated modular PSU from Seasonic.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    +1 for the Seasonic G unit.

Johnny Guru review of the Seasonic 550G
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with the seasonic as well they are the standard for power supplies.