Neverwinter Online is fantastic.
    It has some of the best solo content of any MMO out there.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    So I have been looking for a new MMO to play a bit untill I get the fire regarding WoW back. atm im soooo full of WoW I only ever log in to raid.

I have played almost all the mmo's about there, my fav. besides WoW was clearly (for me) Archeage. I look forward to Black Desert.

but now to my main question - is Neverwinter a good MMO? I have read some reviews where it has gotten grades like 6/10 etc but those are from 2013 - I havent been able to find a reliable review from 2015 - and so I have little idea about the state of the game as it is now.

any information about this game would be much appreciated, good or bad.

(I did a search on forums on a few different keywords and I couldnt find an article like this, maybe im just bad at searching)

thanks in advance.
    I tried Neverwinter and didn't really like it. It felt cheap and seemed to rely a lot on playermade content. Stuff that I personally don't enjoy.
    But if you like the franchise it's from, you might enjoy it. It's very heavy on the roleplaying elements. It's probably more fun to play with a bunch of friends than solo, as I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you come to Neverwinter for grouping/group content i feel you won't get anything thats much different than all the other MMOs out there. Where Neverwinter really shines imo is the Combat/Cool classes/Solo Content. For the average RPG player , Neverwinter is actually quite a nice introduction to MMOs.
    Be prepared for some major grind though, everything in the cash shop can be earned by just playing, however it trully feels like a Asian grind fest at times to be on par with someone that forks over them $$.
    The Campaign system imo is a gift and a curse. So cool in terms of character progression other than more Ilvls. But if you wanna change class, the grind is real. Wish it was Account Wide.

Deleted
    A question: Are the DLC´s really neccessary? They are so expensive omg.. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Arla View Post
    No, god no.

The cash shop is designed to look important but the stuff in it is really unimportant.

Deleted
    So I won´t miss out on anything "important" for not buying em then..good to know. Thanks! ^^

So I won´t miss out on anything "important" for not buying em then..good to know. Thanks! ^^
    Unless you want to buy the dragonborn race for 160$? Did they ever do a separate thing for that or is it still a bundle?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

No, not at all. IMO the only things you really want are extra character slots and a Zen store mount(assuming you want more than one character). The reason for the Zen store mount is it's account-wide, so it rapidly overtakes any single-char epic mount in value if you're going to make multiple alts. Beyond that, extra account-level bank slots are nice, and I recently saved up and got Ioun Stones for all six of my chars.

Approach Neverwinter as a journey, not a destination. You're not paying a sub, consume the content at your pace and no one else's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Unless you want to buy the dragonborn race for 160$? Did they ever do a separate thing for that or is it still a bundle?
    Yeah last i saw , they had like a bundle with the Race unlock plus a token for race changing. For 2500 Zen or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Yeah last i saw , they had like a bundle with the Race unlock plus a token for race changing. For 2500 Zen or something like that.
    Which, for people who don't know, is 25 dollars, not 160.

Zito is a bit of a drama llama... but we love him for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

Generally speaking i don't pay mind to those packs they do. I choose not to buy them. The mounts on the cash shop seem overpriced until you find they are account wide. WoW sells mounts in a similiar system and sometimes are far more expensive and i don't see the fuss there. The only thing i really dislike in their cash shop is Profession Assets, the gems that feed into the Artifact stuff, the thingies that make it so you can't fail the enchants (which are needed if you wanna upgrade past a point) etc. That stuff imo has no place in a cash shop.

Generally speaking i don't pay mind to those packs they do. I choose not to buy them. The mounts on the cash shop seem overpriced until you find they are account wide. WoW sells mounts in a similiar system and sometimes are far more expensive and i don't see the fuss there. The only thing i really dislike in their cash shop is Profession Assets, the gems that feed into the Artifact stuff, the thingies that make it so you can't fail the enchants (which are needed if you wanna upgrade past a point) etc. That stuff imo has no place in a cash shop.
    I find that the upgrade protection stones drop pretty regularly on the 7 day reward bag.
    As to the things which feed your upgrades and artifacts, those can be farmed pretty easily in the solo dungeons of dread ring.
    Also, profession assets, I find, to be pretty cheap on the auction house.

I don't know.

/shrug

Wait wait I remember. When the race first came out it was like a $75 for it which had a bundle with no option to buy the race on its own. I'm guessing they changed that?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wait wait I remember. When the race first came out it was like a $75 for it which had a bundle with no option to buy the race on its own. I'm guessing they changed that?
    Yes, thats correct.

I find that the upgrade protection stones drop pretty regularly on the 7 day reward bag.
    As to the things which feed your upgrades and artifacts, those can be farmed pretty easily in the solo dungeons of dread ring.
    Also, profession assets, I find, to be pretty cheap on the auction house.

I don't know.

/shrug
    The weekly lair for Sharandar has profession nodes to farm. Bots go at it in droves. #healercompanionspam
    If you want to speed up their acquisition(Refining Items), get yourself a few Dragon's Hoard enchants for your gear. It helps, especially when you get a Black Opal to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got to max level the first time around, but I was playing a cleric. I'd prefer solo play over pugs so I'm glad to hear this game is so great for solo play. Are certain classes better than others for solo play though? I'm not against rolling a different one instead of picking that cleric up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I never got to max level the first time around, but I was playing a cleric. I'd prefer solo play over pugs so I'm glad to hear this game is so great for solo play. Are certain classes better than others for solo play though? I'm not against rolling a different one instead of picking that cleric up again.
    /shrug

All the classes are plenty strong for solo play.

Lifesteal makes is possible to solo as anything.

I do pretty well on my Devoted Cleric, I can put out decent damage and survive just about anything with some dodging and heals. I personally feel the Control Wizard is a stronger class because of its intense amounts of CC(though some mobs are immune to CC and those can become annoying to fight, they're the exception, not the norm).

Melee classes like Great Weapon Fighter and Trickster Rogue are also very fun, though they tend to take it on the face more in open-world Heroic Encounters, IME. I haven't tried Guardian Fighter, so I can't speak to it, but a lot of people say it's fun too.

In a couple of weeks the Oathbound Paladin debuts, so you might wanna consider trying that, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance is a "Joke" in this game. They will literally leave classes in shambles for months. One of the negative aspects. I'm not up to par in current meta i suggest checking the forums to get a feel for what the community thinks. Sure alot of people will claim their class is underpowered but if you filter that you get a good feel. Also Bardarian can probably give you a run down.

Balance is a "Joke" in this game. They will literally leave classes in shambles for months. One of the negative aspects. I'm not up to par in current meta i suggest checking the forums to get a feel for what the community thinks. Sure alot of people will claim their class is underpowered but if you filter that you get a good feel. Also Bardarian can probably give you a run down.
    The thing is, when you get over 16k GS, I feel like the solo game becomes more about the story and fun than "balance".
    The PvP is fun but imbalanced.

I don't know.

The game is about fun.
    If you want competitive, balanced gaming I would try Dota 2.