10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    nope, need that gear score higher bro or else characterprogressionblahblah blah excuse from 10 years ago blah blah blah

But I digress.
    I still prefer new content to old content with a new cap, but all in all, better than make that content obsolete, or just outright remove it (wink wink TERA)

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if WoW did this, like the amount of content...
    /drool, Thunder isle, Sunwell island, Tol barad, Argent tournament, would die from overjoyment if all those became "Current" content again xD

Reading the official forums and the consensus is 60-70 is a horrible experience. Completely 180 from 1-60 experience, extremely grindy, unfinished, lack of content at 70? I'll probably wait for the update after this and see how the game is. Usually first release is horrible in general in MMOs.

As I've said before level cap raising is a curse.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the official forums and the consensus is 60-70 is a horrible experience. Completely 180 from 1-60 experience, extremely grindy, unfinished, lack of content at 70? I'll probably wait for the update after this and see how the game is. Usually first release is horrible in general in MMOs.

As I've said before level cap raising is a curse.
    The simple fact that the new "zones" are just new areas within previous zones set off my alarm. New cap was just an excuse to reset economy and force people to grind some more artifact levels.
    There are no new dungeons, no new skirmishes, and no new campaign dailies that i know off.
    From what i gather there aren't that many new quests either right? Its similiar to TERAs expansion, with a few Story quests stringing the zones along while you repeat some chores that are similiar to dailies. Vigilance quests or whatever.

Disclaimer: I haven't played it yet, just basing my comment from generally reading their blogs, and MMO websites.

- - - Updated - - -

Checking the forums right now, and the feedback and general vibe i get is that Elemental Evil module is a piece of shit.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-04-13 at 04:22 PM.

Yeah, that's what I've read. Which is why I'm taking the lazy route and levelling with Invokes. Once at cap I'll buy some greens off the AH and go back to doing campaign tasks. At least I get boons for that daily grind...

I'll probably level to 60 and wait for the fix it patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    New cap was just an excuse to reset economy and force people to grind some more artifact levels.
    Aren't Xbox one people now sharing the megaserver with PC players?

If so, I think resetting the economy, gear, and shit was a good idea to basically wipe the slate clean for the new community members.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...nsion-revealed

Nope, separate servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For some reason... still not upset about the reset...
    Leveling up a new GF :P

Eh, I'm not concerned about the gear reset, since I saw artifact gear as an obvious money-hole from the get-go and just used whatever epics I could buy from the AH. Eventually more epics will get unbound and sellable, and when they get affordable I'll start kitting in them, too.

Personally, I've always enjoyed the heroic dungeons so... not exactly heart broken about the gear reset :P

I mean what I figured out from this update is they didn't really add anything new besides the new class. Endgame stayed mostly the same? Only 3 dungeons got upped to 70 but from my understanding the endgame zones are now level 70. They added new areas to old zones for leveling to 70 which is just a bunch of grind quests but for the most part nothing was added?

I mean what I figured out from this update is they didn't really add anything new besides the new class. Endgame stayed mostly the same? Only 3 dungeons got upped to 70 but from my understanding the endgame zones are now level 70. They added new areas to old zones for leveling to 70 which is just a bunch of grind quests but for the most part nothing was added?
    That's not entirely true, but close. Those are new territories, like Drowned shore or Reclamation rock. In lore they are new version of previous lands. Like Darkshore was modified with Cata, or Badlands (my last memories with WOW). Only in NW you level on the old version and as you progress the story you will be sent to these new lands. And yes they contain a few story missions while you basically grind daily quests. Vigilance quests.
    Also they added the heroic version of 3 old dungeons.
    So yes, of course it's not even close to a WOW expansion. But it's F2P so you can put down the game and get back to it later without reaching out to your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    That's not entirely true, but close. Those are new territories, like Drowned shore or Reclamation rock. In lore they are new version of previous lands. Like Darkshore was modified with Cata, or Badlands (my last memories with WOW). Only in NW you level on the old version and as you progress the story you will be sent to these new lands. And yes they contain a few story missions while you basically grind daily quests. Vigilance quests.
    Also they added the heroic version of 3 old dungeons.
    So yes, of course it's not even close to a WOW expansion. But it's F2P so you can put down the game and get back to it later without reaching out to your wallet.
    No one is disputing that its F2P so expectations shouldn't be the same as a full priced expansion. Just that it all seems hollow. They might have just added Paladin class and a new zone with the usual dailies/boons to get and a new dungeon and skirmish like they did for the first 5 modules.

Its like the phrase i've read for the better part of half an hour perusing the forums. They bumped level cap to 70, so you can grind boring dailies/tasks so you can go do the same stuff you did before, which is grind Artifact levels, Enchantment levels, Sharandar/Dread Ring/Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons, and do the same dungeons and skirmishes that existed anyway before Mod 6.

Its nice and dandy that all content isn't obsolete (which it wouldn't need to be scaled up if they didn't bump level cap) , but there needed to be new stuff to go along with it. A new dungeon, new skirmish and maybe a new campaign/daily area would have been nice so that it feels worth bothering to get to 70.

Well, there's new class abilities to play with, but I agree, a new campaign would be more welcome. Oh well, maybe come mod 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

If so, I think resetting the economy, gear, and shit was a good idea to basically wipe the slate clean for the new community members.

I was actually hoping once I logged into my acct my chars would xfer to Xbox one. Was disappointed though lol.

Anyways I downloaded it for xbone last night to play with a buddy, and quite frankly it looks like complete trash so far. Much better on PC

CTA event this weekend give a tanking companion

Aren't companions useless as anything but stat buffs, though? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Aren't companions useless as anything but stat buffs, though? >.>
    That's what I am talking about.
    +raw HP = tank stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion still disapointing though. I read the post the new game director did a few weeks ago. Really hope they can get around to fixing all of it.