Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    CoS 60 sec CD is kinda op for me(yes, I play rogue).
    We had it at that cd from bc to mid cata. 60sec is where it should have always been since 5.0 much like all our 5.1 and 5.2 changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No trumping but this is exactly what means being rogue - break the rules.

It is fun when you can top dps because not of op damaging moves but thanks to abilities that let you maximize your uptime. Being able to stand in the big deadly aoe while every other melee has to flee is priceless.
    Every other melee besides Death Knights and Monks...
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    We had it at that cd from bc to mid cata. 60sec is where it should have always been since 5.0 much like all our 5.1 and 5.2 changes.
    Ehhhh I think it was 60 in BC, and 90 starting sometime in LK. I could be wrong about that. I didn't mind it going from 60 to 90 because at the time we were a legit hard target to kill- for instance, cheat death actually did something besides play a graphic skull over your head as you died. We also lived in a world where we had a lot more control over casters. A mage chainspamming icelance and hopping around wasn't actually a threat, for instance, and the casters that had spells that could burst 60% of max health were notable for it instead of just expected. It went up to two minutes in Cata, with a talent that you could take to reduce it to 90 seconds. This had the effect of eliminating the few rogues still trying to play mutilate or combat, and I honestly could not believe it went live. Then it was nerfed further with the removal of the mandatory talent in mop.

I believe that for most non-bullshit situations, a 60 second cloak off of prep is a buff. It does mean we go back to our earlier behavior of not cloaking in world pvp unless we are vanishing and leaving the scene as well, but in arena and RBGs it really just means more cloaks and less deaths.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Every other melee besides Death Knights and Monks...
    Rogues can slip out of more mechanics than these guys normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Ehhhh I think it was 60 in BC, and 90 starting sometime in LK. I could be wrong about that.
    Baseline it did go from 60 to 90 in lk but in lk it was added to Elusiveness making it 60 in pvp from bc to mid cata. But this will be the first time since bc that cloak has been 60sec in pve.

No, I don't think so. Wasn't it 150 sec CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, I don't think so. Wasn't it 150 sec CD?
    See the post above your's.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    about time CoS becoming 1 minute CD
    I think you mean about time it goes back to 1 min as I'm pretty sure thats what it was originally.

Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    Wow, the amount of raid mechanics rogues are allowed to trump with this buff...
    Not really. Cloak only works on a surprisingly small amount of mechanics now. Sure in the past we could practically cheese every mechanic with it, but they nerfed the crap out of that.

I don't feel it is that much less effective these days. With the glyph it is particularly pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I think you mean about time it goes back to 1 min as I'm pretty sure thats what it was originally.

Not really. Cloak only works on a surprisingly small amount of mechanics now. Sure in the past we could practically cheese every mechanic with it, but they nerfed the crap out of that.
    yes it was 1 min CD but it also was resetted with prep
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

I like the change. Not having cloak on prep seems strange, just out of principle, since evasion is on it.

Not that it matters. The main thing I want prep for is the double vanish, so anything extra is a perk.

It's a neat solution to the problem. When Prep was a talent, the most compelling reason to take it was the CoS-reset, which meant you could get a full, clean reset in with Prep. Now that Prep is baseline, it's feasible to remove the CoS-reset - and also necessary as a double-cloak can easily land a kill, and Blizzard doesn't want that.

Double-Cloak, in the past, though, wasn't nearly as bad - mostly because rogues weren't that good, but also because it implied you had to give up a mobility talent to take it.

yes it was 1 min CD but it also was resetted with prep
    Cloak has been reset by prep for the following patches:
    2.0, when prep was the top tier sub talent because shadowstep was too buggy for live. This represents the level 60 vacuum before we all leveled to 70. By the time shadowstep was available and good to go (launch of BC), prep no longer reset cloak.

The next time was 5.0, when prep became exclusive with gap closers, and 5.1 of course.

Double-Cloak, in the past, though, wasn't nearly as bad - mostly because rogues weren't that good, but also because it implied you had to give up a mobility talent to take it.
    That's phrased strange. Did you mean something like:

Double-Cloak- On live and since 5.0, was not a balance issue, because the rogue class is so horribly weak and has been since 5.0. Taking double cloak forces you to give up a mobility talent, but this could be an issue in 5.2 when it would not mean that- hence, it is removed from prep.

Uh shadowstep was available at BC launch... calling it "good to go" I think is inaccurate though. It wasn't good to go until S4.

Lol, fair point. But previously there were technical issues besides the fact that it sucked, which continued until we could use it out of stealth.

That has been the theme this entire expansion thus far. Undo an unnecessary nerf and call it a buff. Sad to see so many lapping it up. I guess we are on course to be good for the last couple of month of MoP and then get fucked at the start of the next expansion. The cycle continues..

These are changes in the right direction.

Now make recuperate activate a 30% Slice and Dice and 1% additional healing to compensate for battle fatigue and I won't have anything else to complain about.

See the post above your's.
    I meant 90 sec. Don't know how I got 1 and half minute = 150 sec. :-/

Just add ~50% damage to mutilate and %crit to backstab and we'll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MuteTV View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Prep in PVE was benefitial for the Vanish refresh. Cloaks CD is fine and with Rogues talented into Feint, we are (should) be lowest in damage taken on nearly every encounter ...
    Vanish isn't exactly a dealbreaker in PvE. Double cloak is nice though. Not sure how Feint invalidates this point?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The change is really good for pve and pvp esp with the glyph I'm looking forward to trying it out on ptr which I usually don't mess around with.

Deleted
    while im ok with these changes they just shoulda removed prep all together and make vanish 1min also..