Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Void shift was also nerfed.
    Say what now? I have missed this. Do you have the source?

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is it funny that blizzard nerfed a class because they were 'almost op', it is more like they are doing preventive things to stop a class from being op. It seems to me that they are having to nerf every class because if they don't the other classes they have nerfed will be under them. I have zero problems with a shadow priest at their current placement right now, it is just silly.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Say what now? I have missed this. Do you have the source?
    It was nerfed in the first weeks of live release. From what I've been able to find it was nerfed around 2012/10/15.

Here is an example of usage. I found it out by myself (thinking nobody knew) but the more I researched the more I found out it was one of those unknown gems. Here for example, look at the date (2012/03!!).

You were able to use Void Shift on Void Tendrils (you cannot target your Void Tendrils unless you use macro), on Psyfiend, on Mindbender, on Shadowfiend, maybe on apparitions I never tried that. Now it only works on players so it is useless during soloing.

I used it during leveling, solo (e.g. w/rares) but also in PvP duel, BG, and raid (I didn't arena back then).

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    The dispersion nerf was not warranted and i think the phantasm nerf is iffy and could of been done differently. Life swap could be removed for shadow and phantasm and dispersion changed back and I think it would be fine.
    Shadow would have no 87 spell if they couldn't use life swap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    It was nerfed in the first weeks of live release. From what I've been able to find it was nerfed around 2012/10/15.

Here is an example of usage. I found it out by myself (thinking nobody knew) but the more I researched the more I found out it was one of those unknown gems. Here for example, look at the date (2012/03!!).

You were able to use Void Shift on Void Tendrils (you cannot target your Void Tendrils unless you use macro), on Psyfiend, on Mindbender, on Shadowfiend, maybe on apparitions I never tried that. Now it only works on players so it is useless during soloing.

I used it during leveling, solo (e.g. w/rares) but also in PvP duel, BG, and raid (I didn't arena back then).
    That is very old though. I was referring to nerfs coming for 5.2 since in that case i had missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Is it just me or is it funny that blizzard nerfed a class because they were 'almost op', it is more like they are doing preventive things to stop a class from being op. It seems to me that they are having to nerf every class because if they don't the other classes they have nerfed will be under them. I have zero problems with a shadow priest at their current placement right now, it is just silly.
    You're probably not very high rated or you're a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    If you thought shadowpriests were the strongest caster, well, look again. With these nerfs to like...everything... the spec will be shit if these comes live. Very susceptible for melee training to death....

Please don't whine on priests no more, this was not needed and will make several poor priests reroll if it goes live.

Healing nerfed 3 times
    psyfiend nerfed
    root hp nerfed
    dispersion nerfed
    phantasm nerfed
    glyph of mind spoke nerfed
    DP nerfed
    Insanity still shit(for pvp)

What has been buffed? If i remember correctly, think only mind sear was buffed 2x times.
    Ok so

Healing nerf- More than needed, shadow heals were far and away too powerful especially considering you have more on demand heals than other hybrids. There is also the pvp power buff which negates this a bit

phantasm - Don't cry its pretty minor

Root Hp - You are f__k___g joking if you think this did not need a nerf. Far far too much HP on the tendrils. If you're crying about this ur dead wrong.

DP - Dmg getting put back into the dot. This sort of nerf has happened to soooo many classes so dont even think about whinging.

Mind spike - Reduces a bit of the RNG and constant insant casting. Wow for once priests might have to cast a few things, that's a shame that is.

Dispersion - I dont agree with this nerf. Not really needed with all the other changes imo.

Insanity - Irrelevant at this point just choose something else till it gets reworked properly like alot of other classes have to do. Not worthy of a cry.

If you're a shadow priest who did not expect these sort of changes ur a n00b. All of them are needed except the dispersion change.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    phantasm - Don't cry its pretty minor

DP - Dmg getting put back into the dot. This sort of nerf has happened to soooo many classes so dont even think about whinging.

Mind spike - Reduces a bit of the RNG and constant insant casting. Wow for once priests might have to cast a few things, that's a shame that is.
    Phantasm is one of our most powerful survivability CDs, teh nerf is HUGE, moreso than any other nerf.

Other classes have had "some" damage put into a DoT and retained up front burst, this gives us ZERO up front burst and can be dispelled before any damage is done.

Might have to cast a few things?! Are you kidding?! We already cast way more than most other casters save for maybe Elemental. Considering Shadow has almost zero mobility, this nerf is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaubertlives View Post
    Might have to cast a few things?! Are you kidding?! We already cast way more than most other casters save for maybe Elemental. Considering Shadow has almost zero mobility, this nerf is huge.
    I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious, but you have two magic schools.

Deleted
    Love all the cap-heroes fighting at 1200 rating coming in here and talking like they know everything. Very entertaining!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    You're probably not very high rated or you're a Warrior.
    2.2k Mistweaver...But like I said after they nerf all the classes above spriest of course spriest is going to be next in damage, but I don't they should do nondamage nerfs though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    2.2k Mistweaver...But like I said after they nerf all the classes above spriest of course spriest is going to be next in damage, but I don't they should do nondamage nerfs though.
    Ghostcrawler's actually said he's not worried about our damage, just our burst synergy (nerfed) and our utility/survivability (nerfed/nerfed), and our fun (nerfed).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ghostcrawler's actually said he's not worried about our damage, just our burst synergy (nerfed) and our utility/survivability (nerfed/nerfed), and our fun (nerfed).
    Don't be that cranky. You'll still be the best caster in most cases... Just not in all cases like right now. GC is right as well, burst is the part of your damage. Sustained damage is irrelevant if you can force several CDs with full DoT's + MS procs. You're not Affli Warlocks after all, you're not supposed to deal as high DoT damage consistently. As I previously said, Shadow is a very synergy based spec and is only successful at the hands of really good players that don't panic under pressure. Not implying that you're bad, just saying, sometimes it might seem unfair when in fact your team mates don't synergise appropriately. I can see an issue here becuase other classes can do pretty well on their own without insane synergy, but I guess all classes can't be the same.

I personally don't like Shadow for that reason, I wanna mongoloid by myself sometimes and as a UH DK I definitely can.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-04 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious, but you have two magic schools.
    So does Frost/Fire, so does Ele, so does Balance, so does Destro. I fail to see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaubertlives View Post
    So does Frost/Fire, so does Ele, so does Balance, so does Destro. I fail to see your point.
    You're still better than all of those, I assume that is the point?

Deleted
    They should also remove "mass dispel"

I actually agree with the phantasm nerf. When that was added it was really out of nowhere, and it's clearly dominant compared to the other talents. We are much more likely to see body and soul sometimes now, for instance.

I'm not sure I agree that shadow needs nerfs in general. And I definitely think that they just absolutely shotgunned the spec with nerfs- my assumption is that the coming "numbers patch" will up shadow's sustained pve damage single target and ALSO up their pvp damage. But, I'm not sure that will help. This really looks like a case of overnerfing. I also think that putting dispersion on the shadow school will really hurt- shadow simply HAS to cast, a goal Blizzard has had for all casters for awhile. But I think it's obvious that most aren't really there.

Once we see the numbers fix, we can then make some assessments. Right now it looks bad. If there IS no numbers fix for shadow, then it IS bad- real bad.

Devouring plague change not only reverted, but more upfront damage. Perhaps this may offset the change to the mind spike glyph in pvp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xudam View Post
    They should also remove "mass dispel"
    Thats like saying remove "blink".

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Thats like saying remove "blink".
    Not really but at least you shouldn't be able to MD block and bubble.