Multi Dotting fights using a pet with GoSac

Sooo.
    I know ppl used GoSupremacy for Heroic Will at the start, I dunno if it has changed, cuz U would spend so much time DoT'n and not channeling Malefic Grasp.
    I believe I read it here some where the ''threshold'' of if your not gonna cast malefic grasp a certain % it made GoSac not worth it. Could some one refresh my memory on that, ty.

Anyways, my question is this:
    On fights like Heroic Emp during add phase / Heroic Protectors if ur on Minions of Fear perma duty / Heroic BladeLord before adds die or any other future encounter where there is a large percentage of multi dotting and no grasping. Is it worth it to summon a felpup and stick it on boss/ add, same as you would do with Supremacy ?
    I mean your not casting grasp when you are multi doting the emp adds or SoC'n them, same before a wave dies on BladeLord and on the minions depending on how fast they die maybe you get 1 tick of grasp. And if you do need to grasp, like when recklessness comes on blade lord, U can just sac it and you are ready, same with emp after adds die.
    I don't know if there is an easy way to test this and see if it's worth it, not to versed in simcraft, so if any one knows I would greatly appreciate it.

Thnx for your time.
    Last edited by Methens; 2013-01-31 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Dont know anything about any "threshold" MG regarding GoSup vs GoSac.
    My experience with H:Bladelord is that it is "very" worth it. You cast zero MG's while AoEing adds (atleast when there are more than one set up) so you pet is "free" dps. If you feel it's more of a burden for some reason to sac/sum your pet, the dmg it does is very neglectable. My pup does about 1mil before the first recklessness and that account for 1%ish of all my dps at the time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i assume staffreak means wind lord not bladelord, but for windlord (normal) i always use GoSac but have my felpuppy out in the first phase (if using a mellee pet make sure to put him on passive and tell him to attack a target, otherwise he will run all over the place. if you dont wanna put him on passive use an imp).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i assume staffreak means wind lord not bladelord
    You sir are correct! Just read that he asked about the adds on bladelord and really didn't think twice about it, as I ALWAYS get blade lord and wind lord confused. (They should really have swapped the names of those two.. :/)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    Dont know anything about any "threshold" MG regarding GoSup vs GoSac.
    Just simple logic, GOSAC damage comes from it's buff to MG, if you're not casting MG a certain % of the fight, then it stops being a gain over GOSUP, there's a threshold in terms of MG uptime, though I've no idea what it is off the top of my head.

In regards to OP, it depends on the fight - for Wind Lord I'd definitely go with GOSAC and just not sacrificing your pet until a few seconds before the burn phase - simply due to how the fight works out, after the first burn phase you've got 3 adds left that are usually getting low enough to be draining soon, then another burn phase, and the burn phase is where you're pushing out most of your damage.

Will is more of a continual state of multidotting than anything, so I'd just go with GOSUP.

There will probably be fights with both of those methods of handling things in later tiers, unless GOSUP / GOSAC buffs and nerfs shift things up a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just simple logic, GOSAC damage comes from it's buff to MG, if you're not casting MG a certain % of the fight, then it stops being a gain over GOSUP,
    Just popin' in to add that, if OP was wondering if it was only related to MG, that GoSac effects :
    - Haunt
    - Fel Flame
    - MG+DS dot
    - all of MG+DS generated dot ticks

So when trying to decide, don't forget to include all these sources before comparing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    You sir are correct! Just read that he asked about the adds on bladelord and really didn't think twice about it, as I ALWAYS get blade lord and wind lord confused. (They should really have swapped the names of those two.. :/)
    oh my god they really should! i never realised. blade lord summons tornado's, wind lord does rain of blades, whirling blade...