Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Our setup

The first step of the project

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:12 PM ----------

Brewing actually smells wonderful. If you do get into it, I have a recipe (I did not make it, its a very well known one) called Centennial Blonde that is the best Ive found for converting the BMC drinkers that refuse to try anything different. You can google it if you get into it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I suppose this is the time to tell you I'm watching the superbowl in their taproom. Any suggestions on beer I should get? I've already had most of their "Standard" beers, and a few of the reserve series.
    Wow, now I don't give a damn about sports/the Super Bowl, but I bet that will be a real treat!

I've not had all of Firestone's brews, but here's what I've had and thoughts:

Firestone XV and XVI (if they even have them available): absolutely amazing. Cannot rate them high enough.
    Sucaba: Extremely interesting beer, though I'm not a huge Barleywine beer person, but I enjoyed it well enough! Hope to get the 2013 release here in the next couple of weeks.
    Parabola: Had my first and only bottle of this last year, we're pretty sure it was a dud, so I can't wait to try it again later this year. I've only heard good things about this beer though!
    Double DBA: Holy cow. May as well be drinking beer bourbon! Fantastic bitter alcoholalcoholalcohol beer! Lots of depth and really opens up as it warms!
    Black Rye IPA (Wookey Jack): I was influenced into not liking this with the person I was drinking it with, but I had it again at Binny's a couple weeks ago and liked it a lot more. We may have had it too warm or too cold, not sure.
    Founders Porter: Was a decent porter, though wasn't a Founders Porter, imo.
    Union Jack IPA: Excellent IPA. Hope to enjoy this one again sometime!

I believe that's all the Founders beers I've tried other than the extra few I got to try at the tasting, but didn't really get to have enough to make a real judgement, what I tried (and I did like them all):

Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout
    Pale 31 Ale
    DBA

Since you'll be at the brewery, please try as many of the ones that are only available there! :P

I just realized, I practically just listed all of their beer, almost. XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Wow man, that's much nicer of a setup than I have.

I still use my Orange Home Depot jugs for my mash tuns. And holy cow at being able to afford a kettle like that. My wife would kill me to drop over 300 for a 10 gallon pot.

Trust me, there was a lot of saving that went into that. Me and a buddy got in half on everything we do. That setup has been moved to his basement and we've installed a vent hood, sink, and TV down there, so we can brew in the winter and summer. We just started lagering with a deep freeze that we got on craigslist, and we have a sour that has been in the secondary for 10 months so we're getting pretty antsy about that.

New Glarus (only sold in Wisconsin) and Leinenkugel's.

Also anything from the homeland because Germans just know how to make damn good beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullcephus View Post
    so we can brew in the winter
    I hate you so much. My winter brew sessions are done with big coats and disgruntled looks from the kitchen window as we sulk over beer.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wow, now I don't give a damn about sports/the Super Bowl, but I bet that will be a real treat!
    The beer is only half of it. Their food....

Anyways, I have yet to try Sucuba or their anniversary ales since they're a little pricey. I might take the dive. Union Jack and Stone IPA make up roughly 50% of all the beer I drink. I currently live minutes away from Firestone's brewery so it's ridiculously fresh in bottles.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    The beer is only half of it. Their food....

Anyways, I have yet to try Sucuba or their anniversary ales since they're a little pricey. I might take the dive. Union Jack and Stone IPA make up roughly 50% of all the beer I drink. I currently live minutes away from Firestone's brewery so it's ridiculously fresh in bottles.
    Damn you lucky son of a...

I do love their beers, but I find I love even more trying new beers with my buds, so we rarely dip into ones we've already had.

See my YouTube link in my siggy. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't gotten a mention in the thread yet, and I'm enjoying one this very moment:

The low score on BeerAdvocate is inexplicable if not criminal.

Anything leinenkugel's except the vanilla porter, can't stand too many stouts/porters......

BTW!!!!!!!!
    Anybody have any info on where I can buy dogfish 90 or 120? Has to be a state away from GA, I live just outside of atlanta. Store info please, don't care about shipping I'm too paranoid about people putting something in my beer . If you know somewhere that sells and is one state away or even two pm me please. DETAILED info appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by AceGoodheart View Post
    Anything leinenkugel's except the vanilla porter, can't stand too many stouts/porters......

BTW!!!!!!!!
    Anybody have any info on where I can buy dogfish 90 or 120? Has to be a state away from GA, I live just outside of atlanta. Store info please, don't care about shipping I'm too paranoid about people putting something in my beer . If you know somewhere that sells and is one state away or even two pm me please. DETAILED info appreciated.
    I'm surprised so many people say Leinie's. I always thought it was a Wisconsin thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    This.

I used to be a long time drinker, but then gave it up in favor of something that actually elicited some flavor. Of the root beers available in the US, I prefer Barqs. A&W is ok, but doesn't have the same kick that Barq's does.

I would. however, LOVE to actually try a REAL sarsaparilla, if for no other reason than to compare it to the current root beers. They seem to be intertwined after all.
    Root beer disgusts me.
    Sarsaparilla is absolutely awesome, fabulous, grand and amazing!

My favorite beer? Depends on my mood. Usually, I'll settle for Kasteel Dubbel, or Delirium Nocturnus.

Home-made Sarsaparilla? What about Mauby?

Deleted
    "Duvel" all the way baby

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Hasn't gotten a mention in the thread yet, and I'm enjoying one this very moment:

The low score on BeerAdvocate is inexplicable if not criminal.
    Leffe: brilliant choise too

Weihenstephaner Vitus is pretty damn good one. Only downside is that it's strong enough and tastes so good, it gets you drunk from very modest amounts.

I like Negro Modelo myself, Im pretty much a dark beer guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stella Artois is the best beer by far!

Quote Originally Posted by AceGoodheart View Post
    Lol why dont you put a vagina in your drink, why dont you like stouts?

anything that's not American I guess

Deleted
    I've grown a taste for the Tyskie, but there is never really a huge range of options in my locality.