Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't know where the color comment came into play, perhaps you thought that's what I meant with depth, but with depth what I was meaning to allude to was the overall flavor and experience of drinking the beer. After having stouts from several different microbreweries, I just feel like maybe I've been spoiled, I can no longer really enjoy a Guinness.
    I made the color point, as a fair many people just assume that darker color = more of stuff (non-hops), and that = more alcohol!

10+ Year Old Account
    My current favorite beer is 10² Barleywine from Fish Brewing. It's a seasonal and it's fairly pricey so I don't drink it often, but it is spectacular. 10% ABV and 100 IBUs, absolutely delicious.

Deleted
    I'm Dutch, so im supposed to say: heineken, amstel, grolsch. But i prefer a thai beer called singa

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Tripel Karmeliet is godly, one of my favourite beers. Belgian beer in general is phenomenal.

Have you tried the Rochefort Trappistes beers? They're to die for, especially the 8 and 10 versions.
    yup rochefort is very good to , and yeah i think karmeliet is prolly close to nr 1 for me, also if you can get you hands on gouden carolus tripel -> amazing beer

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I made the color point, as a fair many people just assume that darker color = more of stuff (non-hops), and that = more alcohol!
    I've been a homebrewer for years now, and that is exactly what most people think when you ask them to try something dark. That and telling me about their 3rd uncle of their dad that was a moonshiner and how they have a jar of it. I'M NOT A GOD DAMN MOONSHINER......I MAKE BEER!

My favorite beer that I have made has to be a Coconut Robust Porter. It was a play off of Jamil's double chocolate porter recipe. So delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullcephus View Post
    My favorite beer that I have made has to be a Coconut Robust Porter. It was a play off of Jamil's double chocolate porter recipe. So delicious.
    My favorite that I've brewed thus far (even though I'm very much a hop head) is an Imperial Oatmeal Creme Stout, with a slight hint of Cacao. I call it Mudder's Milk (yay everyone who get reference).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aha. If I ever had that belief, it was destroyed long ago when I had some of my first double/imperial IPAs, and especially the Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA. Amazing stuff.

Speaking of IPAs... how many different ones can Dogfish Head make of the minute variations?! There's 60, 90, 120, and now over the past few days I've been getting Twitter updates from some of my local beverage depots (Binny's FTW!!) of 75 Minute being in stock.

Next you're going to tell me there's one for every 5 minute added length starting at 0 Minute. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

180 Minute IPA. Has a weight requirement of 200+ pounds, to offset the alcohol content.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite that I've brewed thus far (even though I'm very much a hop head) is an Imperial Oatmeal Creme Stout, with a slight hint of Cacao. I call it Mudder's Milk (yay everyone who get reference).
    oh man that sounds delicious

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    180 Minute IPA. Has a weight requirement of 200+ pounds, to offset the alcohol content.
    http://live2eat.typepad.com/my-blog/...to-buy-it.html

O_o

Never speaks of 180 in the article, but boy is the title teasy!
    "A flower.

Haha, I was joking. I want them to make it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    guinness 10chars

Not a big beer drinker but when I am drinking beer I usually get MGD (Miller Genuine Draft)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I was joking. I want them to make it now.
    Yeah for sure. I loved the 120 Minute, but something even more intense? Yes please!

This doesn't mean I'm not planning to try the 60, 75, and 90 Minute variations, it all comes down to money.
    "A flower.

I hope to be alive for when they make 360 Minute IPA.

"Fuck it, this is just alcohol with hops in it. Enjoy."

Man, I'd love some Dogfishhead right now.

Deleted
    I don't like beer, so far they have fundamentally tasted the same for me

Deleted
    wet, cold and free. this is my favorite beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to be alive for when they make 360 Minute IPA.

"Fuck it, this is just alcohol with hops in it. Enjoy."

Man, I'd love some Dogfishhead right now.
    Oh man I'm right there with you! I sadly have no beer but I could really go for a nice IPA tonight!

360 Minute... or maybe 365 Minute for a full year? ;D That would be insane... might as well have whiskey with hops! :P
    "A flower.

As a general note, guys, the whole... minute thing. It's named for the duration of the boil.

Now, I don't know enough into the biochemistry to understand, but I'm pretty sure longer != better in terms of benefits gained. From what I understand you may actually end up with more tannins from the original batch of malts (assuming you add more mid boil or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Radux dude..you know too much about this stuff?

What gives?