Lower post count

Noticed that my post count is now 90 when I could have sworn my post count a few days ago was 166. Is there a bug or was something done to the forums?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It honestly shouldn't matter? Post count really doesn't have any major relevance.

Anyway. Some threads you posted in could have been deleted, and that would lower your count. At least it does on some forum providers.
    Meep~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    It honestly shouldn't matter? Post count really doesn't have any major relevance.

Anyway. Some threads you posted in could have been deleted, and that would lower your count. At least it does on some forum providers.
    This is true, post count would go down. Or if threads got moved to Fun Stuff. But if you count up their posts in the "post areas" tab in their profile, it doesn't add up. But it's happened to other people before. I lost about a hundred on my post count a few days ago as well, and I know others who have had the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does your title get better with higher post counts?

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Yes. You get a new title ever few 1000 posts or so I think, Maybe every 500.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Yes. There are some who think their credibility also gets better but thankfully such a belief resides in the realms of myth. I've about 4k-5k posts when I consider this current MMO-Champion account and an older one, but it's no big deal at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Do you ever wonder how some of the people have so high post counts around here, Dontrike?

You might think, "Well, they simply post a lot, don't they?". Well, no. No they do not. They hunt down the less prominent posters and steal their posts in the night, adding it to their own for everyone to see. There are two kinds of people in this world, Dontrike. There are those who post to earn their numbers, and there are those who take it from those too weak to hold it. You've simply fallen prey to Darsithis insatiable lust for posts. It is as it has always been.

The weak are meat, and the strong do eat.
    That bastard! I was wondering why I skipped back and forth between Scarab Lord and Lightbringer twice last month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dontrike: I didn't look at your post history, but sometimes what happens is a thread from WoW Gen or OT Gen or whatever gets moved to Fun Stuff, and all the posts in that thread for each poster no longer get counted and you can lose a lot of post count with that.

Other than that I'm guessing a few threads got deleted.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This is true, post count would go down. Or if threads got moved to Fun Stuff. But if you count up their posts in the "post areas" tab in their profile, it doesn't add up. But it's happened to other people before. I lost about a hundred on my post count a few days ago as well, and I know others who have had the problem.
    It looks like this thread was moved to fun stuff:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-the-Thread

The "post areas" tab doesn't take into account deleted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    It looks like this thread was moved to fun stuff:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-the-Thread

But I created that thread in fun stuff, plus with 81 posts in that thread my post count would have been higher than the 166 that I had before, so I don't think that is the problem.

It isn't like it's a huge deal that it is lower, I was was just curious as to why this might be.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Good to know.

But that thread was originally in Fun Stuff. I merged it and it moved to GenOT because I wasn't paying attention, so I moved it back. Don's post area shows only 9 posts in General Off-topic, where the thread was temporarily, while he has 81 posts in that thread. I don't think it's being caused by that.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's possible that it subtracts when something is moved to fun stuff but doesn't properly add when it gets merged into a forum that does count postcount; hmm.

I'll run some tests, but that would probably be a vb issue