Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reading a few more pages in here, and seeing the term "Wrath Baby" thrown around a bit, I'd just like to say something. Aren't we at least Wrath Toddlers by now? What would a person who started in Cata be called? Or Mists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

I started in VERY early Wrath (back when starting zones still had mobs that would aggro without hitting them, DKs were limited to one per server, Stormwind Harbor was new, etc.).
    And I hate being "that guy", but I didn't like Wrath. I didn't hate it, not by far, but I'd place Cata above it (though I didn't hate Cataclysm like most people, soooo...)
    I think it's more of a personal thing, since I couldn't find a race/class I liked in Wrath at all and I couldn't level through the Old World cause it was just awful. Once Cataclysm came I found love in a worgen druid and it was my first max level toon and since that happened during Cata, I kinda look at Cata more fondly.

Also, I personally like Mists the most, and the Mists cinematic the most of all. I hate Death Knights with a passion, and I love the worgen/goblin races.
    Last edited by leggomydairy; 2013-02-05 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added more reasoning

1st thought I had about Northrend, when I landed at Howling Fjord, was "they'll never make anything better than this".

2nd thought was "they'll never make anything nowhere as good as this"

3rd was "no-one will ever make anything better than this"

4th was "..tell them only that the lich king is dead... and that the world of warcraft... died with him"

Deleted
    cinematic - Not up to blizzards standards, this was a massive disappointment for me personally
    lore - Sure, it had a significant amount of lore, but again, quality wise i wasn't impressed
    music - never cared for ingame music
    most epic raid: ulduar - This is something we agree on ^^
    favorite zone: grizzly hills - it was my most hated zone of northrend, and one of my most disliked zones overall...

Ill agree. Wrath was the best/most interesting/most fun expansion for me. All of the lore-gasms I had from that expansion would be enough but it also had two really great raids (Ulduar just felt epic and ICC was where we fought the LKs most powerful minions and killed the LK himself. WOAH!) The landscape was amazing (Grizzly Hills, Storm Peaks, the darkness of Icecrown) the music was amazing, the Battle for the Undercity was a really intriguing and engaging piece of levelling content.

There was just so much amazing lore in wrath. We have not seen this kind of sheer epicness of story since. Shame because Blizz wasted a great character like Deathwing in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggyballs View Post
    EDIT: Also, clearly you never played Vanilla or TBC if you think WotLK had better lore.
    I think its not too much of a stretch to enjoy the Arthas story more then the Illidan story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    WotLK was the start of casualcraft.

It had so many things wrong with it, people hated it at the time, but it's nice to see some of you with short term memories.
    Essentially this. I was here on these forums during Wrath and it surprises me to see how many people love Wrath when back then, the majority hated it, wanted TBC PVE style once again, and forget about some of the stupidest of tiers created by Blizzard for wrath, primarily 3.3 and the first raid Naxxramas.

If anything, I wish they can create raids like the ones in the beginning of Cataclysm, those were far superior than any other.

in my opinion best goes like this

Mists
    Vanilla
    Wrath
    Cata
    TBC

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I think its not too much of a stretch to enjoy the Arthas story more then the Illidan story.
    there was no illidan story he showed up twice once as a talking crystal talking about how not even arthas could kill him, and then again to tell a bunch of fel orcs how stupid they were. it was never explained why he was a villain, why he attacked shattrath, or how he went insane.

ANYONE who says the lore of tbc was anything other than awful either knows nothing about the lore or is flatout lying
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    i said at the time of wotlk, it was my favorite expansion. aside from the obnoxiously long ICC period and the butchering of wintergrasp, i loved it.

original wintergrasp is the some of the most fun ive ever had on WoW, it rivals the old AV games for me. wotlk had a lot of bad points, the lfg system sort of killed the spirit of the game and server for me, i know some people dont see it that way, but for me it ruined the experience a bit. i wouldn't want to go back to no LFG system now, as im too use to the convinience. Cata was hands down the worst expansion. TBC was ok, it was more fun for me because it was still new, i wouldnt like to play it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved Wrath, hated cata, never played Vanilla, and (insert confession bear here) I didn't think TBC was that good.

Wrath I spent so many hours being the scourge of Dun Niffilm. It was before LFD and I strove to make getting anything done as difficult as possible. whether it was poaching in the frost giants daily hub or guarding the daily heroic summoning stone. Back when WoW still had some shred of server community left in it.

I was viscious, persistent, and shameless. my crowning achievement was when I found out how notorious I was to the alliance on my rogue. My guildy was trading ToC pets with an alliance and she came in our vent. I died of laughter when my buddy introduced me and she was like, "That's the bastard I was complaining about the other day, the one that doesn't let me do my dailies!". We actually became pretty good frenemies, which was funny because she would occasionally hop on our vent to tell me that there were hunting parties searching for me and that they were getting frustrated that they couldn't catch me. In return I ganked her less if I could help it and took out people that she didn't like on the alliance: jerks, daily competition, herb thieves, bots, etc.

Those were the days....

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Essentially this. I was here on these forums during Wrath and it surprises me to see how many people love Wrath when back then, the majority hated it, wanted TBC PVE style once again, and forget about some of the stupidest of tiers created by Blizzard for wrath, primarily 3.3 and the first raid Naxxramas.
    Shouldn't be surprising at all. Those who were in love with WotLK were not on the forums because, well, they were busy playing and enjoying the game. Those who hated it were clearly NOT in game, I mean why should they be? They hated it. So instead they were on these forums whining and complaining. And low and behold, they suddenly exist come Cata and MoP!? Probably because they, like those that disliked Wrath, dislike how things are now so it's THEIR turn to complain while others are busy enjoying the game.

And then of course there are "those" guys... you know the ones. They hate everything since TBC but they're still here, going on like 5 years later, following a game that apparently makes them perpetually disappointed and depressed. Sure, they may have played a few more expansions here and there but they all sucked so they kept quitting for one reason of another. It was too easy. Not enough to do. It's casual craft. And so on and so forth. And yet, almost 5 years later, they continue to subject themselves to what they believe to be a constantly downhill spiraling catastrophe of a game. Why? They claim it's because they want to see how the game is going. But nobody really knows. Not for sure. One thing is for certain though, they are very unhappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Shouldn't be surprising at all. Those who were in love with WotLK were not on the forums because, well, they were busy playing and enjoying the game. Those who hated it were clearly NOT in game, I mean why should they be? They hated it. So instead they were on these forums whining and complaining. And low and behold, they suddenly exist come Cata and MoP!? Probably because they, like those that disliked Wrath, dislike how things are now so it's THEIR turn to complain while others are busy enjoying the game.

And then of course there are "those" guys... you know the ones. They hate everything since TBC but they're still here, going on like 5 years later, following a game that apparently makes them perpetually disappointed and depressed. Sure, they may have played a few more expansions here and there but they all sucked so they kept quitting for one reason of another. It was too easy. Not enough to do. It's casual craft. And so on and so forth. And yet, almost 5 years later, they continue to subject themselves to what they believe to be a constantly downhill spiraling catastrophe of a game. Why? They claim it's because they want to see how the game is going. But nobody really knows. Not for sure. One thing is for certain though, they are very unhappy.
    I disagree. I played Wrath and although I did hate on wrath on these forums I was still there for a lot of it, and I can say it was one of the worst expansions out there in terms of difficulty and immersion. The first tier was brain stupid shit ass easy. Every boss required mechanics to be watched out for but it wasn't a giagantic big deal because the grief of not following the mechanic wasn't that of a big deal. For example, in Kel'Thuzad, from what I understood, all melee were supposed to spread out when the ice crazy phases come out to reduce the number of people getting frozen and potentially getting wiped, but no, all the melee dps in my raid stood there and took the frozen and just let the healers do their thing. If a player died, no biggie, the boss has a low dps requirement to be beaten. And then the vehicle nonsense in malygos .

Then Ulduar came out and pretty much every guild was stuck on the majority of the first few bosses for weeks. XT-002 breaker is known by many to be the most nerfed boss in history. And then afterwards, Blizzard decided to create a new raid that was even easier than Naxx, ToC.. and ToC heroic was just a cluster fuck with the first boss being the only difficult one in there, afterwards it becomes easier until you hit the twins.

There is much more to say, but I didn't like Wrath all that much. I barely had anything to do once I hit 80. I would login and hope to god my guildies are bored as well and we could pug Naxx 10 on our alts or possibly do a heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Isn't MoP being advertised FAR more than WotLK? I still see constantly MoP commercials, while the WotLK commercials stopped right after release.
    I kept seeing Wrath commercials all the way through ICC so idk what you are talking about.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I kept seeing Wrath commercials all the way through ICC so idk what you are talking about.
    Didn't know they had TVs on Pluto Never saw a single Wrath commercial apart from one the day before it's release, oh the tease. Seen MoP commercials everywhere.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    And I still played and loved this game =)

I had tons of fun in icc, start when you couldnt taunt the first boss, when saurfang was tricky... end with 25-man heroic gold runs, every bit was so fun.
    Icc-patch also brought most balanced pvp the game ever seen
    Argent tournament dailys were frustrating, but rewards were fun.
    ToC raid was actually fun, and more tricky than people remember... because in the weekly raid quest PUGs always failed this raid.
    Crafting was interesting, bind to achievements, that you could complete northrend loremaster and get a great tailoring receipt... yep, I did it.
    Everyone and their mom did wintergrasp, and while it wasn't balanced the best on inbalanced servers it was fun, the bosses were also interesting and rewards were updated.
    How many did some mining in the region with all the animals?=) I spent way too many hours there, but I also spent some fishing time getting the turtle mount.
    Dalaran, where you could check what your enemies were up to, especially interesting if you changed faction every now and then =)
    Skirmishes were still there, our precious.
    Random heroics, some of them you loved, some of them people left, and some became more interesting with a chest added. Fast, furious, and you could get an alt well geared within a couple of hours.

I could go on. It was an amazing expansion, and the game was great back then. Sure, some frustrating moments as shadow priest, but not the entire one.
    Has to say like someone quote in it's signature, that when the lich king died, my wow life died with him... even though I really tried to give cata a fair chance. No coming back now, but hey... not too shabby having those fun gaming memories

To be honest, I have been enjoying WoW with every xpac but if I have to say what I like the least it will surely be WotLK or Cata. WotLK was pretty terrible compare to the content MoP brought so far. I feel Blizzard wasted one of the most important part of Warcraft lore to that xpac. WotLK should have been made better considering it got the most famous villian in Warcraft. ICC was ok but it could have been WAY more epic. Although it was 12 bosses raid but the raid itself feels pretty damn small and not epic except for the lich king's place.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, Vanilla wasn't about a linear lore progression as much as it was about you being that epic adventurer braving the depths of BRD and slaying the Alliance (FOR THE HORDE!). Yes it had some key characters but the lore in vanilla was based more around you and a your friends etc. I'm a huge fan of that. WoTLK wasn't bad until they added LFD, I'm a firm believer that's was the exact moment WoW started dying to me as an individual. I thought WOTLK was great at first but then LFD. It broke communities up, part of a server community was remembering who you went with into 5 mans, shit I remember people from Vanilla still and the coolest tank ever in my TBC raids (Eltorro, fucking badass Tauren Warrior).

WOTLK was strong up until then, WoW was an mmo now it's it's more like a do this and that and fuck community now.
    Hey everyone

Yea LFD came out and then we went from running dungeons with our guildies to running dungeons with our guildies.

It was a tragic day where everything clearly changed.

Sigh.

Funny how people claim that Wintergrasp is so wonderful, but no one goes there even with 5.1 patch

Wotlk will always be my favorite xpac.
    Hi Sephurik