Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does not encourage public shaming threads. And yours would have become one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

tbh, I know Blizzard is meant to be planning on banning in waves or whatever, but they better do it sooner rather than later. There are SO many bots now its crazy, especially later at night. I've actually lost battle grounds numerous times because the opposite faction just decided to all stay at base farming the non-ending stream of bots running in one at a time until we were out of resources.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the proper channel for reporting bot is not by posting videos on the forums showing players you feel are exploiting the game, I would say the conclusion that "Blizzard is banning people who report bots" is a pretty dubious place to arrive. You make it sound like Blizzard has some aggressive desire to protect bots rather than just the fact that you made posts that violated their forum's rules.

Report bots the way you are supposed to, and leave off the naming & shaming videos, and you will probably find your account in good standing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Considering the proper channel for reporting bot is not by posting videos on the forums showing players you feel are exploiting the game, I would say the conclusion that "Blizzard is banning people who report bots" is a pretty dubious place to arrive. You make it sound like Blizzard has some aggressive desire to protect bots rather than just the fact that you made posts that violated their forum's rules.

Report bots the way you are supposed to, and leave off the naming & shaming videos, and you will probably find your account in good standing.
    There is a huge conspiracy among the WoW haters that either

A) Blizz protects bots because they are a majority of subs.

B) Blizz gets a kickback on gold sales in return for not prosecuting.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    There is a huge conspiracy among the WoW haters that either

A) Blizz protects bots because they are a majority of subs.

B) Blizz gets a kickback on gold sales in return for not prosecuting.
    And like every ridiculous conspiracy theory, there is no evidence to support their position, and in contrast there are rational explanations for a lot of the circumstances they point to.

| twitch | bsky
    |

And like every ridiculous conspiracy theory, there is no evidence to support their position, and in contrast there are rational explanations for a lot of the circumstances they point to.
    Logic likes to take a backseat when it comes to the vocal minority for these things. -.-

The circle jerk on conspiracy theories above me aside, Activision-Blizzard does have a terrible policy in place to prevent bots/gold farmers.

Whenever a new patch for Diablo III comes out, I like to log on and kill some time with it, even though I'm no huge fan of the game. What am I bombarded with upon logging in? Some upwards five spam messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossiris View Post
    I quess you are lucky then , when i was lvling my mage on ally i did isle of conquest, 20 people went exact the same way on the right side to the hangar, then did nothing, and after some time moved up the hill. So ye 50% of the team were bots.

Edit: I also seen on forum that there is some addon which makes you avoid bots in queuing, think it was called Qqueue or something like that.
    LOL, this made me laugh. And in AV, did all 40 horde characters run straight to Belinda? they all must be botting. You really think players running with the pack is an indication of botting?

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 05:56 PM ----------

Because as Blizzard has stated a million times, the people who steal the accounts only play with the time left on the account. Blizzard then has to deal with the original owner trying to get their account back. And if you have read any of the AMAs from former CS at Blizzard, the vast majority ( about 90%) of the CS time is spent trying to recover stolen accounts.

Your tin-foil hat theory might hold up if the gold-farmers actually paid for the accounts month after month, but they do not..

1. Goldfarmers don´t pay the account anyway
    2. It is a huge hassle for the CS to try to get accounts back to the original owners
    3. goldfarmers create problems within the game economy and also outside the game with idiots who believe Blizzard supports them.
    4. Blizzard has spent a lot of money on lawyers going after goldfarmers.

If you argue/claim botters aren't a RAMPANT issue in WoW then you are just denying a fact or quite oblivious.

@OP - You got banned because you're basically advertising botting on the official forums. Whether or not that is your intent, it's the only thing you were accomplishing by posting it on the official forums. Report it and be on your way. You aren't single-handedly ending the botting issue, and nobody is expecting or asking you to.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how people always assume that because nothing is happening on our side of it, then it means Blizzard is doing nothing on their side.

It really seems like the point of the naming and shaming rule is to avoid drawing attention to a major problem that Blizz has been woefully inept at dealing with. I think that the only way to deal with botters in the long run would be to create a special squad of GMs who work outside of the conventional system, who pursue botters with extra-judicial powers. They should not admit to the fact that this botter death squad actually exists, but should allow the rumors to circulate to inspire fear in anyone that thinks of botting. Instead of banning an account they would simply wipe the entire account out in such a way that the characters cannot be restored. If somebody is a persistent botter then they should investigate that persons IP and wipe out all accounts associated with it.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Because as Blizzard has stated a million times, the people who steal the accounts only play with the time left on the account. Blizzard then has to deal with the original owner trying to get their account back. And if you have read any of the AMAs from former CS at Blizzard, the vast majority ( about 90%) of the CS time is spent trying to recover stolen accounts.

Your tin-foil hat theory might hold up if the gold-farmers actually paid for the accounts month after month, but they do not..

1. Goldfarmers don´t pay the account anyway
    2. It is a huge hassle for the CS to try to get accounts back to the original owners
    3. goldfarmers create problems within the game economy and also outside the game with idiots who believe Blizzard supports them.
    4. Blizzard has spent a lot of money on lawyers going after goldfarmers.
    Uh, did you intend to quote me there? Because it seems like we're on the same side of the issue here.

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    there are 2 very simple things blizzard could do to stop like 90% of bots. remove /follow and remove click to move. i honestly feel they don't care anymore. to everyone who says that most bots running are from compromised accounts... well tbh u are straight up stupid. bots from compromised accounts are used to promote gold selling and farming ores/herbs. there's 0% interest on using a compromised account for farm honor/level.

and there's a bigger picture here to be had. there's alot of people who are paying gametime with gold with raf and activation codes that are purchased with stolen creditcards. theres huge money laundry scheme going around with subscription online games atm.
    Last edited by siafu; 2013-01-31 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    It's good that Blizzard don't allow naming and shaming and baseless accusations on their forums. You people who want act like judge, jury and executioner would have felt right at home in the middle ages burning witches! 92% of people reported for botting are completely innocent and victims to either overzealous do-gooders or malicious rumor mongers.
    How about no? The vast majority of people being reported for botting are indeed bots. Hell there are far more bots around then most people realize and only a fraction of those ever get reported. Why is it that most people defending bots or trying to play the number of bots down are botters themselves though?

Personally I don't feel it should have been removed. Awareness for bots needs to be high, so Blizzard is pressured to actually give a damn.