10+ Year Old Account

Affliction stats 5.1

Hello guys, I need help.

Some says that I should forget the hit cap when I'm playing as affliction lock, others that is dps loss if I don't. In my current gear (I'm 485 ilvl right now) I can't get the first haste breakpoint , hit cap and a good mastery at the same time. Yesterday I started raiding normal for the first time since cataclysm and my dps totally sucked, principally on elegon (like 73k dps) even I refreshing dot like crazy. I used simcraft and the stats weight says Int > SP > Mastery > Haste = Hit > Crit. I read a lot of guides, as noxxic, and says that I should go with Intellect > Spell Hit (15%) = Haste (Breakpoint) > Mastery > Haste (Past Breakpoint)> Crit... Ask Mr Robot says that I should replace my int/mastery gems for 320 mastery gems and also says 3290 hit is fine.
    Besides of all of those controversies, which stats I should prioritize?

ps.: English is not my native language, I hope you all can understand me

Could you link your armory?

But I'd say , go for 15% hit .
    Then gem 320 mastery in yellow sockets.
    80 int + 160 mastery in red sockets.
    160 hit + mastery / haste in blue .

15 % hit and for now try to get to 4717 haste rating. Keep mastery at equal level or a little bit higher.
    At least that's what I've gathered from all the shitton of information written in these threads.

No need to refresh dots like crazy, that's a dpsloss.
    Only refresh when it's under 50% duration left (or if you get proccs and such.. like bloodlust/trink proccs) .. Get the "Affdots" addon, it'll help.
    Keep dots up, use malefic grasp , refresh dots when needed, use haunt when you feel you have shards for it.
    For just elegon .. Keep dots on elegon, dot the big add, during the small adds i personally use fel flame since they tend do go down faster.

Anyone that knows better, feel free to correct me.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    get between 12% and 15% hit depending on how good you are at reacting to misses and whether or not you like the rng.

the add up your haste and mastery rating, divide by 2. -~250 from tha number, reforge to that much haste and the rest into mastery. (aim is to have approx 500 more mastery than haste)

as a pointer on elegon, you can drain soul the big add as it casts total annihalation to refill your shards for very high haunt uptime on elegon. also, when elegon starts to cast draw power cast a soulburn seed of corruption and it should hit all sparks.

TL;DR - hit to at least 12% up to your preference, then keep mastery slightly higher than haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your help. We wiped on elegon yesterday, next time I 'll try those tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
    Could you link your armory?

But I'd say , go for 15% hit .
    Then gem 320 mastery in yellow sockets.
    80 int + 160 mastery in red sockets.
    160 hit + mastery / haste in blue .

15 % hit and for now try to get to 4717 haste rating. Keep mastery at equal level or a little bit higher.
    At least that's what I've gathered from all the shitton of information written in these threads.

No need to refresh dots like crazy, that's a dpsloss.
    Only refresh when it's under 50% duration left (or if you get proccs and such.. like bloodlust/trink proccs) .. Get the "Affdots" addon, it'll help.
    Keep dots up, use malefic grasp , refresh dots when needed, use haunt when you feel you have shards for it.
    For just elegon .. Keep dots on elegon, dot the big add, during the small adds i personally use fel flame since they tend do go down faster.

Anyone that knows better, feel free to correct me.
    Sure us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nemesis/Thage/simple

I have a doubt about gemming, why is pure mastery better than int/mastery when int > mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenneth View Post
    Thanks for your help. We wiped on elegon yesterday, next time I 'll try those tips.

Sure us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nemesis/Thage/simple

I have a doubt about gemming, why is pure mastery better than int/mastery when int > mastery?
    The 320 mastery is just worth more than either 80 Intellect/160 Mastery or 160 Intellect

I've taken a look on your armory profile and I'd say you should do the following

Red Sockets = 80 int + 160 mastery
    Yellow Sockets = 320 mastery
    Blue sockets = 160 hit + mastery/haste

Switch enchant on gloves to mastery instead of haste.
    Reforge so you have at 15.00% hit .
    Try to hit 4717 haste rating and keep mastery at an equal level, 400-500 over haste rating if possible.

That should improve your dps as a start.
    Then it's mostly about learning when to use haunt , when to use dark soul.
    Make sure you have procced dots ticking and go wild with malefic grasp ( on single target fights)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
    I've taken a look on your armory profile and I'd say you should do the following

Red Sockets = 80 int + 160 mastery
    Yellow Sockets = 320 mastery
    Blue sockets = 160 hit + mastery/haste

Switch enchant on gloves to mastery instead of haste.
    Reforge so you have at 15.00% hit .
    Try to hit 4717 haste rating and keep mastery at an equal level, 400-500 over haste rating if possible.

That should improve your dps as a start.
    Then it's mostly about learning when to use haunt , when to use dark soul.
    Make sure you have procced dots ticking and go wild with malefic grasp ( on single target fights)
    Hmm right. Thanks for your help