Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ohhhh man if they are going for a STAR-STUDDED movie then I have a great imagination....

Johnny Depp as Genn Greymane:

Cate Blanchett as Jaina Proudmore:

Mickey Rourke as Cairne Bloodhoof:

Angelina Jolie as Sylvanas Windrunner:

Christopher Lee as Malfurion Stormrage:

Ralph Fiennes as Apothecary Putress / Nathanos Blightcaller:

Jude Law as Kael'Thas Sunstrider:

Hugh Jackman as Varian Wrynn:

Warwick Davis as Grand Tinker Mekkatorque / Trade Prince Galywixx:

Ving Rhames as Garrosh Hellscream:

COULD YOU EVEN IMAGINE THIS EPIC FILM!!

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Mila Kunis play some part in this movie she was a massive fan of the game apparently.

Nothing against Johnny Depp, but when he's in a movie, it usually ends up "a Johnny Depp movie" rather than "a WoW" movie (or whatever the movie was).

10+ Year Old Account
    Please just make it CGI x_X Live action would look terrible.

Im pretty sure that even though this film is live action most of the creatures will still be CGI. I dont think we need Danny DeVito as a goblin for instance. I would also guess most of the Horde races will be done with a heavy mix of CGI and practical effects, as well as any Alliance races which dont look human (although I am also guessing that most of the Alliance races in the movie will be of the human looking variety) So, we dont need to pick actors that look like monsters (like DeVito as a Goblin, Steve Buscemi as a Murloc, Rosie O'donnell as an Ogre, or Gary Busey as a Trogg)

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Nothing against Johnny Depp, but when he's in a movie, it usually ends up "a Johnny Depp movie" rather than "a WoW" movie (or whatever the movie was).
    Yeah, that's probably true enough. Plus having A list actors is going to consume that $100 million budget very quickly. While it's not exactly chump change by any stretch of the imagination, it's actually the biggest budget movie this director will have made by a considerable margin, it's also still a finite number and they'll need a lot of money for things that aren't actors. It's not like Chris Metzen can play half the roles all by his lonesome like he does in WoW (though I'm sure he'll get a cameo or even a minor role).
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the rumors of this plot in the wow movie still what they said before? Having it about goodie good guy humans and evil lord of the rings orcs?

Hope not, if I want another generic story like that I'd buy the collectors edition of lotr.

I thought it would be animated (or w/e it is) like the WoW cinematics kinda looking. Hoped for that at least, if its gonna be real action it would blow tbh :/
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I really like Depp but the problem is that in most of his movies (if not all) the character he act as, are mostly kind of crazy or are quite stupid.
    Jonny Depp also had his fair share of more serious roles.

As for the rumor: I'm not believing any of this untill it is confirmed. I'm not much of a rumour-guy.

Deleted
    Warcraft is expected to have a budget north of $100 million.
    This is a hint of the theme being Arthas and WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    That would be amazing, a movie about Arthas. But since Metzen is writing it, we can probably expect a lot of Thrall and Malfurion

He was never a Arthas fan

10+ Year Old Account
    Back at Blizzcon, during one of the panels, Metzen was asked questions regarding the movie and said the story would take place sometime between the end of Warcraft 3 and the start of WoW. That may have changed, but I doubt it. He Also mentioned it being mostly human perspective. I really wish I could find which interview it was in.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    No.

It just means the budget will be above $100 million. I find it incredibly unlikely Legendary Pictures or Blizzard has let anyone connected to the media know exactly what the plot it going to be.

All in all, I wouldn't exact any WoW expansion to be directly adapted since they tend to be continuations of story arcs created in the past. They might be best off if they forgo any direct game adaptation and set it between games.

Metzen hinted at BlizzCon that the story will be familiar, so I don't think it'll be something completely out of the blue. If I could hazard a guess, I wouldn't be surprised if we have an Of Blood and Honor adaptation. The idea of an old war veteren coming to the realization that the enemy he has fought his entire life is more complex then he had originally believed, all set to the backdrop of the beginning of the scourge destruction of Lordaeron.

If it's successful enough, it could spawn a sequel beginning with the collapse of Lordaeron from Tirion's perspective and finally end with him rebuilding the Knights of the Silver Hand. If the sequel is successful, then we could have a WotLK adaptation, which could end with a nice flashforward to Tirion as the de facto king in a restored and Argent Crusade controlled Western Lordaeron.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can play this game too!

Guys I heard that Patrick Stewart will be playing Garrosh Hellscream! I can't confirm it, but alot of people are talking about it!!!

:P
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    i dnt care who is in it aslong as justin bieber isnt in it
    Jaina Proudmore?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this has been brought up but ....

I would love to see the plot from Warcraft III be adapted.
    Warcraft III has a great story. It has most of the major lore characters.
    I would love to see it done in a Crash like style movie. We get 3 or 4 different stories
    and then we see how they all come together to save Azeroth in the end.

As for Johnny Depp, I could see him be Medivh but I would love to see him as a Troll.
    Although he is too big budget for the part, I would love to see him as Vol'jin.
    Also, Depp isn't just known for his comical roles. "The Lone Ranger (2013)" previews
    show that he can play pretty much any type of character he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No, no Depp please. When did he last play a serious role with a serious character? Always the crazy, quirky, witty characters. And if that's what the Warcraft movie is gonna have then it feels like it won't be a good movie.
    Whenever i see a post like this i feel like i gotta question how much the poster knows about the history of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I don't know - he could play Varian
    omg...what has been seen, cannot be unseen..haha.

I would like the movie to be revolved around past characters, in between WCIII and WoW sounds good too.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well to be fair you don't know that, they obviously wouldn't call it WORLD OF WARCRAFT MOVIE LULZ. Warcraft sounds way better as a title and it can take place any time, it might be a future story line or an alternative. The point is we don't know and we wont know until the script or actors list with rolls is confirmed.
    Except EVERYONE KNOW that. They stated in the past they don't want to start in the middle or end. They want to start from the start.

What is a secret for everyone is the focus of the plot, not the time frame. We don't know if it will feature a major character or a simple soldier, or even a common folk as protagonist, neither in which faction it's centered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I don't know - he could play Varian
    Lol he really could! Doesen't look bad tbh