Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    I dont want to se any actors in the movie... And there is 1 reason for that, If lets say they will make a movie, and in that movie there will be "known chars" like say Varian Wrynn, or maybe Illdian Stormrage even. Problem is, we know how they look from the game, or cinematcis.

As a silly example... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj-wt667oCI Cinematic from warcraft 3 (Illidan), now we know how he looks, and we love it (i do). Now in this movie, lets say a random person "Vin Diesel" will play Illidan. Then he is no longer Illidan, because i wont look at this random actor (dont you dare say the elf from LotR as Illidan *SLAP*).. anyway, wont look at him and say "ooh its Illidan!". Should not have actors at all imo. *breaks heart*
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    It just means the budget will be above $100 million. I find it incredibly unlikely Legendary Pictures or Blizzard has let anyone connected to the media know exactly what the plot it going to be.
    I also find that unlikely, but it could be a subtle hint. You know?

Deleted
    If the movie is animated and he only has a voice acting role then he'd probably fit right in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    I dont want to se any actors in the movie... And there is 1 reason for that, If lets say they will make a movie, and in that movie there will be "known chars" like say Varian Wrynn, or maybe Illdian Stormrage even. Problem is, we know how they look from the game, or cinematcis.
    Strange how this isn't in issue in movies which are either based on a game or have games based on the story such as Resident Evil and Lord Of The Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Strange how this isn't in issue in movies which are either based on a game or have games based on the story such as Resident Evil and Lord Of The Rings.
    Wasnt LotR a book, then movie, then a game?
    Also it wasnt an issue for me personally, because im not interessted in other games/or movies. It would be diffrent if it was a book (then you dont know how they look, other than discriptions- like in wow novels (Illidan with amber eyes) etc.

But im sure they said 10 years ago (or when they relased the idea of a movie, 03? dont remember), but im sure they said it would most likely be based on humans. I remember because as a horde player at that time, was offended>_< Hah, not anymore tho

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    If the movie is animated and he only has a voice acting role then he'd probably fit right in.
    I could see Depp as a human/Nelf random rogue tbh.. He kinda have the "rogue" look around him (imo)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Wasnt LotR a book, then movie, then a game?
    Yes and no. I was thinking of the LOTR by Peter Jackson. Before that game, there were LOTR movies, but there was also previously a movie based on LOTR (which flopped).

With Warcraft there's 4 games with various expansions. There's lots of franchise like books.

If Depp really does get cast, I will cry. He destroys movies....

10+ Year Old Account
    He would be a perfect undead imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You know who I would add to the cast: Bobby Kotick (he already featured in a movie last year). SUCCESS assured !
    But he plays businessman very well (specifically why he was picked to be in Moneyball).

Johnny Depp for Medivh or random new character.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohanitos View Post
    Its not a Wow movie, its a Warcraft movie and i suppose their gonna start from the first way this mean Reign of Chaos or smt u know Horde vs Alliance and stuff inb4 Arthas
    I hope they start at Warcraft 1 - 3 those would make amazing movies for sure.

Everyone knows & love those stories.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor-Nw View Post
    I also heard that Justin Bieber will be playing young arthas and Samual L. Jackson will be Thrall. And lets not forget David Hasselhoff as Varian Wrynn.

Man i cant wait.
    Orcish, motha fucka, do you speak it?!

Deleted
    If it's live action you can bet Warwick Davies will be cast somewhere.

I'd really rather have low-profile actors for this movie.

If anything, Depp can be Budd. I think he's a fantastic actor, just not... suited to a srs fantasy movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    JD could play any character and do it well. Since it is Warcraft, you'd think they would start with the whole Human vs Orcs type deal...well if they were smart and start from the beginning so at least new people who haven't seen or heard of this game can understand a bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    I'd really rather have low-profile actors for this movie.

If anything, Depp can be Budd. I think he's a fantastic actor, just not... suited to a srs fantasy movie.
    I agree that unknowns would be more immersive for many of the roles in the movie, but if they're going live-action, and with Hollywood being a business -- unfortunately they'd have to spring for at least one or two big names to reinforce ticket sales.