Page 1 of 3
LastLast

CC on Windlord Mel"Jarak randomly breaking??

Whether we CC prior to pull, during the pull, 4 adds at the beginning, 3 at the beginning, etc... it seems the CC just keeps breaking. Anyone else having this occur??

Was working perfect for us last night, tell your dps to stop tab targetting I think.

No dps are targetting them, there is no damage/dots/anything hitting them. This happens right on the pull as well.

The only time CC broke for us was when a set of adds died (intended) so I'm not really sure, Sorry.

if someone uses a stun or any other CC on the main dps targets, this will break all the other CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    cobalt frag bomb

We had our prot warrior spec out of Shockwave, and it now worked on the pull, but midfight they all just broke again (not from damage or duration), something is causing it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    cobalt frag bomb
    This most likely

At least now that this is figured out....we get to deal with the boss bugging and not getting recklessness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    At least now that this is figured out....we get to deal with the boss bugging and not getting recklessness.
    Just finished early because of this. Started the instance and he was fine, getting the debuff when the adds die to transistion to P2, then Blizzard ninja fixed something and now doesn't get the debuff and killing him without it would take you well beyond the berserk timer. Not happy at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    if someone uses a stun or any other CC on the main dps targets, this will break all the other CC.
    This.

I was using Gouge as a second interrupt for a few of our early attempts and all the other CC broke. Literally any extra CC will cause him to break all CC.

Don't tell my guild. Shh...

Stuns don't count for the cc cap, otherwise rotational stuns like Fists of Fury would be unusable, which is not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Stuns don't count for the cc cap, otherwise rotational stuns like Fists of Fury would be unusable, which is not the case.
    The adds are immune to stuns entirely.

Most likely Cobalt Frag Bomb.

Be carefull with your CCs if you have more then 4 the boss will instantly remove all the adds from CC. Worked fine for us yesterday though we didn't kill (we had a lot of very unlucky tries in P2 )

Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    In order to prevent this from happening, you have to tank the boss away when the adds get killed.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Frag belt was wiping us silly hunters minmaxxing...

So we were experiencing these random CC breaks on Mel'jarak as well. I scoured our logs on WoL and there was no other CC being applied, but sure enough the boss would cast that darned Cowards! spell at random intervals, breaking all CC.

Full WoL link of an attempt where it bugged out (sorry for bastardized link): www (dot) worldoflogs (dot) com/reports/rt-fqqk3rqfzguh75ey/xe/?s=9888&e=9945&x=%28+%28++%28+sourceIcon+%3D+ICON_MOON+or+sourceIcon+%3D+ICON_SQUARE+or+so urceIcon+%3D+ICON_CROSS+or+sourceIcon+%3D+ICON_TRIANGLE+%29%0D%0Aor+%28+targetIcon+%3D+ICO N_MOON+or+targetIcon+%3D+ICON_SQUARE+or+targetIcon+%3D+ICON_CROSS+or+targetIcon+%3D+ICON_T RIANGLE+%29+%29+and+amount+%3D+0+%29+or+spell+%3D+%22Cowards%21%22

The icons in that expression are on targets that are being CC'd.

Anyways, I think we discovered a workaround tonight...

The first thing we noticed was that whenever CCs were *about* to break, that one of the adds (for us it was always an Amber Shaper) would randomly run away from the tank about ~10-15 yards. This would consistently happening right before the break, so we'd use it to cue us in to a need to re-CC early.

However, after catching on that it would always happen right after the add ran away, we decided to start tanking the boss + adds within the main circle of the platform. We had been tanking at the edge on the greyish outer rim before. Since making that positioning change we haven't had the mobs act weird, and have not had CC break early.

YMMV, but that seems to have worked for us.

Deleted
    The first thing we noticed was that whenever CCs were *about* to break, that one of the adds (for us it was always an Amber Shaper) would randomly run away from the tank about ~10-15 yards. This would consistently happening right before the break, so we'd use it to cue us in to a need to re-CC early.
    Sorry for him but... just tell your Warlock to stop fearing the adds and they won't run away and break the cc haha

[23:58:17.163] Sra'thik Amber-Trapper afflicted by Mortal Coil from Ulsoga
    [23:58:17.615] Wind Lord Mel'jarak casts Cowards!

[00:35:24.278] Sra'thik Amber-Trapper afflicted by Mortal Coil from Ulsoga
    [00:35:24.515] Wind Lord Mel'jarak casts Cowards!

[00:50:42.107] Sra'thik Amber-Trapper afflicted by Mortal Coil from Ulsoga
    [00:50:42.642] Wind Lord Mel'jarak casts Cowards!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6789

This is not a bug, just a bad use of a talent
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-11-15 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    Frag belt was wiping us silly hunters minmaxxing...

>: classist! Im sure hunters arent the only ones that use it in their rotation. but yeah this most likely. Ive done it before but I didnt know. Derp
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2012-11-15 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Sorry for him but... just tell your Warlock to stop fearing the adds and they won't run away and break the cc haha
    That is a 100% legit catch. Thanks!

However, if I look at the total times that occurred last night or on Monday, Mortal Coil wasn't cast on each attempt where I believe we had a CC break (it can be hard to know for certain which was which now). I do have a WoL link from Monday where CC randomly broke, yet no Mortal Coil or other CC I could see (I may be missing it though).

This shows activity from each of the adds right around the time of "Cowards!", so any CC should show up:

www (dot) worldoflogs (dot) com/reports/rt-fqqk3rqfzguh75ey/xe/?s=9920&e=9945&x=spell+%3D+%22Cowards!%22+or+(+targetreaction+%3D+REACTION_HOSTILE+)&page= 3