1. #1

    Unable to validate version.

    So wow just made me log out then it did a small patch update.. Now when I try to login it says can not validate version. Anyone else getting this?

  2. #2
    Yea, I'm getting it too along with Desktop Launcher acting like a douche. I thought it was because I lost power.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  3. #3
    My desktop launcher only loads half the time... I usually have to go into my wow folder to launch wow. >.<

  4. #4
    I too am experiencing this issue. Running the repair tool now to see if that will fix it.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,286
    Batch of hotfixes going out soon that will result in a small client-side patch to fix a number of crashes.
    Rygarius posted this on Twitter so they're working on it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  6. #6
    Currently experiencing this as well. Hopefully I can get in before my guild kills heroic spoils and thok tonight as my warrior would love a ring and trinket.

  7. #7
    Stuff like this are becoming awfully common.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Just wanted to update, running the repair tool did not fix the issue. According to Blizzard, players may receive "Unable to validate game version" errors for a short time after they deploy World of Warcraft launcher patches during non-maintenance periods in order to resolve urgent issues. Basically, if we continue to get this error after a few hours of attempts, then it's time to do a fresh install.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Currently experiencing this as well. Hopefully I can get in before my guild kills heroic spoils and thok tonight as my warrior would love a ring and trinket.
    From the looks of it, your guild won't be able to login either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzelkazoo View Post
    Just wanted to update, running the repair tool did not fix the issue. According to Blizzard, players may receive "Unable to validate game version" errors for a short time after they deploy World of Warcraft launcher patches during non-maintenance periods in order to resolve urgent issues. Basically, if we continue to get this error after a few hours of attempts, then it's time to do a fresh install.
    Fresh install for reals ? Looks like its time to cancel my sub...
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  11. #11
    Got the error like 5 times trying to log in but just was able to log in randomly without any sort of update/hot fix.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Fresh install for reals ? Looks like its time to cancel my sub...
    Hopefully it won't come down to the re-install, that's more of a last-ditch effort. From the looks of it, Blizzard has it under control and is working on an update to resolve the issue.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    From the looks of it, your guild won't be able to login either.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fresh install for reals ? Looks like its time to cancel my sub...
    Just wait a couple of minutes for the server to pick up the new client version and you'll be back in.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  14. #14
    I was able to log in, maybe they fixed it. Or I just got lucky.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,656
    Well that was quick.

    Good work blizz
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapple View Post
    Haha you linked the post to my other forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •