1. #1

    Icy touch dispel pet idea.

    I think the dispel effect from icy touch glyph should be castable on your own pet if it gets cc'd. It's very annoying if a priest gets a shackle off, and i cant do anything to help him, or if he is just fear spammed with no ability to remove it. I don't think it would be OP. It still would force us to use the rune just like using it on a player; it just wouldn't add the negative icy touch effects.

    Another option, possibly giving our pet a remove cc cd with whatever devs feel is appropriate for a pet to have.

    What do ya'll think?

  2. #2
    Then Warlocks need a way to remove banish and hunters need a way to remove sleep. Do BM hunters still get the Big Red Cat that remove all CC? Do demonology warlocks get anything? I'd say that UH should get something that does this, if other classes with a pet focus have it. The class is balanced around use of the pet, so such an easy CC should be counterable.

    Perhaps it would be good if PVP trinkets removed CC of you and/or your pet?

    The other, age old, argument is that you shouldn't be pvping alone, that you should have someone on your team capable of dispelling you (the game's not balanced around 1v1)

    I'd say, in the spirit of Bestial Wrath, that Dark Transformation makes the pet immune to CC, since you don't want to have them CC'd after spending so much on getting them to that state.

  3. #3
    I like the idea of DT making him non-cc'd. I just feel like something is needed. You shouldn't be forced to run with a healer or a shadow priest in an arena to help control your own pet. They could easily add in a defensive dispel type thing usable on your own pet. I understand my pet can do alot of dmg but feared, nova'd, etc... he just sitting there useless without even an option to help him out. And i know if they are cc'ing my pet they are not cc'ing me, this is just more of an annoyance rant, and seeing what others thought.

  4. #4
    Hunters can glyph mend pet to allow its ticks to dispel. Warlocks can get around dispelling their pet by taking grimoire of sacrifice. I like the idea of using IT on our pet to dispel it, kindof raises the skill cap a bit in a way that isn't required most of the time.


    Also I believe I saw in the patch notes at some point recently that pvp trinkets will remove disables on your pets as well as yourself.

  5. #5
    I belive 100k death coil heals and an enrage elite pet can compensate for it not being trinket CCs

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Hunters can glyph mend pet to allow its ticks to dispel. Warlocks can get around dispelling their pet by taking grimoire of sacrifice. I like the idea of using IT on our pet to dispel it, kindof raises the skill cap a bit in a way that isn't required most of the time.


    Also I believe I saw in the patch notes at some point recently that pvp trinkets will remove disables on your pets as well as yourself.
    #showtooltip whatever
    /cast [@pet] Icy Touch

    BOOM! INCREASE SKILL CAP!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I belive 100k death coil heals and an enrage elite pet can compensate for it not being trinket CCs

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:08 PM ----------



    #showtooltip whatever
    /cast [@pet] Icy Touch

    BOOM! INCREASE SKILL CAP!
    I don't agree. Hunters can mend pet for no resource cost but the global. I'm not trashing the resource cost, but it certainly isn't beneficial.

    The pet's damage while transformed is good but its heavily compensated by reasonably long downtime in PvP.

    and just because you can macro it doesn't make it easy to use. ^_^

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Then Warlocks need a way to remove banish and hunters need a way to remove sleep. Do BM hunters still get the Big Red Cat that remove all CC? Do demonology warlocks get anything?
    No, they dont need a way to remove banish, sleep etc.

    Simply because, classes are different. How about we all just roll a warrior and make blizzard remove all the other classes because their different from each other?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    No, they dont need a way to remove banish, sleep etc.

    Simply because, classes are different. How about we all just roll a warrior and make blizzard remove all the other classes because their different from each other?
    If you can cripple a class by CCing it's pet, then yes, a certain amount of homogenisation is required. Classes can have similar abilities just not be the exact same, but given a different theme, or cost then there's nothing wrong with it. We've seen already how they give warriors, priests and warlocks the raid stamina buff, but the method of delivery is different.

    So take your strawman elsewhere please. If you can only spout informal fallacies, then please keep quiet.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I'd say that UH should get something that does this.
    Well I assume casting frenzy on your pet would still do the trick ?
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-31 at 05:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well I assume casting frenzy on your pet would still do the trick ?
    Unglyphed, it should break, or it might not (I just assumed that in a pvp situation/spec you'd glyph frenzy as that much self-harm is only viable when you have available healers (a raid or team pvp) and if you have someone to heal the damage done by frenzy, then you should have someone to dispel the CC making it moot). Weren't some of those CC's (I know poly was) made to be less fragile, requiring more than minimal damage to break it? While it's a good workaround, it is also a very big sacrifice (possibly, hard to tell) instead of being able to use it on another player or self.

    I think the point is that BM hunters get it built into another class design (Bestial Wrath) "For free", so making it part of Dark Transformation would be fitting. I guess the question is, would you be willing to take a 2% damage nerf for now and evermore on Timmy, to pay for something that really only benefits pvp?

    Tying such a thing to Icy touch would give you (runes notwithstanding) spammable dispel. Tying it to something that can only be done once a while (but when you need it most) wouldn't be so bad.
    Last edited by Jinna; 2013-01-31 at 05:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •