10+ Year Old Account

Corsair CX600M...

I bought this psu recently (still in the box) from Newegg. I am now skeptical about using it in my new build after seeing numerous posters here in the computer forums state that the corsair cx line is crap. Just wondering if the one I purchased is ok or if I should send it back and look into buying another one?

My new system will be:

CPU: i5-3570k
    MB: Asus Z77-V-LK
    CPU cooler: (not sure of which one yet)
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB (already purchased)
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB)
    GPU: either the Asus GTX660TI or Asus GTX670
    Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Gaming (already purchased)
    OS: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit OEM (already purchased)

PSU: Corsair CX600M 80plus Bronze (already bought)

The psu is the only only thing I am leery of after seeing some posters bash on the cx series from corsair.
    Last edited by Boramir; 2013-01-31 at 04:36 PM.

The CX series are subpar but it is not like it is going to explode on you, the specific PSU you got is way oversized for the build you are doing so you should be fine anyway.
    Normally you could get a higher quality unit for about the same price though, next time maybe you should ask questions before you buy.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    It's doing weird noises for me.. But it's handling oright.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    I had the normal CX600 in my old PC, had to send it back after 2 months but the one they resent me has no problems (yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    ...next time maybe you should ask questions before you buy.
    Normally I would, but there was a great deal on the HDD and I impulse bought the psu cause of the wattage and 80+ bronze rating for the price. I know that was stupid! The box is still in the plastic though so I can easily return it and pick up another one. I think I paid about $65.00 for it... so what would be a better replacement for it (I know it was more wattage than what I need at first, but I was thinking of getting a 2nd GPU possibly down the road and wanted to have enough to do that)?
    Last edited by Boramir; 2013-01-31 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Antec NEO ECO 620C - $50

Enough for either 660ti/670 SLI, not modular like the Corsair unit but still a much better unit.

SeaSonic M12II 620 - $80 @amazon $90 NewEgg (modular)

Notargets recommendations are pretty good if you want to add another card later on.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a XFX core pro edition 550w should be near the same price and its made by seasonic which is the best brand there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Get a XFX core pro edition 550w should be near the same price and its made by seasonic which is the best brand there is.
    I agree on the quality but 550 with SLI and system in mind might be cutting it too close for comfort though technically it might run it. 650W version is $90 and non-modular, in that case the Seasonic is a better buy, this is using Amazon and NewEgg only as OP mentioned Newegg specifically.

Edit: Which brings me to something more important I just noticed, the Asus Z77-V-LX do not support SLI. You want a Asus Z77-V-LK for that. Asrock Z77 Extreme4 is a good option in that price range as well.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-01-31 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I agree on the quality but 550 with SLI and system in mind might be cutting it too close for comfort though technically it might run it. 650W version is $90 and non-modular, in that case the Seasonic is a better buy, this is using Amazon and NewEgg only as OP mentioned Newegg specifically.

Edit: Which brings me to something more important I just noticed, the Asus Z77-V-LX do not support SLI. You want a Asus Z77-V-LK for that. Asrock Z77 Extreme4 is a good option in that price range as well.
    I just caught that myself, i must have mis-typed it. I was looking at getting the LK not the LX.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.