Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    My vote is for Michael Fassbender as Arthas.

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,166
    Chris would fit, but his Thor-performance has stuck with him too tightly. I don't want to think of Thor when watching a movie about Arthas.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Chris would fit, but his Thor-performance has stuck with him too tightly. I don't want to think of Thor when watching a movie about Arthas.
    i still just think he's too old now. Arthas is meant to be very young (early 20s) untested and headstrong, the older the actor is the more he just seems like a self-loving idiot. TBH, even in Thor, you don't feel like he's a young man who's too brash and unthinking, he came across as a bit of a self-centered bimbo. Until he went a bit mad at the end, I genuinely felt that Loki was in the right for most of that film and that Asgard was much better off without Thor.


    I'm trying to think of some younger actors <25 who might be a good fit for the role but none come to mind atm, any other suggestions or ideas?

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire aarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Grim Batol - eu
    Posts
    440
    why hasn't David Wenham been mentioned??? surely he's a good shout too??

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,636
    Uther Lightbringer:

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000579/ or http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000313/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

    Arthas Menethil:

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322513/?ref_=tt_cl_t7 (might be a tad too old) or http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920992/

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    why hasn't David Wenham been mentioned??? surely he's a good shout too??
    I like the way you think mate.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk - Orc Hunter - Troll Druid

  6. #26
    erm.. Arthas WAS actually 23 during the events of WC3, think people are aiming far too old.

    I can honestly imagine it going to someone like Pettyfer. Now he's older, he's got the pretty boy u really want to slap look to him, they'd just need him to bulk up lots and give him acting lessons.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    That's like, your opinion, dude.

    Imho, he was just some angry kid that got a toy and then got angrier. Shallow character development with little motivation, no surprising twists and died leaving a bunch of loose ends (Sylvanas or Mal'Ganis didn't get their revenge, Jaina didn't get to confront him, Muradin or Saurfang didn't get to see him after all that Lootship nonsense etc).

    I honestly hope the movie isn't about him.
    Shallow character development? you must've completelyed missed warcraft 3 and frozen throne..

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    erm.. Arthas WAS actually 23 during the events of WC3, think people are aiming far too old.

    I can honestly imagine it going to someone like Pettyfer. Now he's older, he's got the pretty boy u really want to slap look to him, they'd just need him to bulk up lots and give him acting lessons.
    I didn't know he was that young, but it doesn't really matter, as it seems I'm not alone. They can just retcon the age for the movie. This face looks older than 23 anyway.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not even remotely close. He's basically Anakin Skywalker with a dash of King Arthur-Gone-Evil and a pinch of generic Dark Lord ala Sauron.
    Anakin Skywalker was a pretty interesting character aswell, altrough imo his transformation to the dark side could've been executed a bit better. I prefer him over Luke Skywalker, who's pretty much a flawless character.

    Anakin's case in turning into the dark side was to have the power to save his wife Padmé, which ironically turned into her death. Arthas got corrupted by the Lich King, and was pretty much abandoned by Uther, Jaina and his own men while going after Mal'Ganis. It is their fault that they abandon Arthas, allowing Ner'Zhul to fully take over his emotions, and picks up Frostmourne.

    Arthas atleast still wanted to save his kingdom, and the only way is that Frostmourne helps him to kill Mal'Ganis. With almost nobody left to help him, he had no choice but to accept Frostmourne's offer to kill Mal'Ganis in exchange of his soul. Frostmourne eventually helped to kill Mal'Ganis, and the blade took its price.

    Anakin was never corrupted, he was just afraid of losing his wife. Imo Arthas and Anakin aren't THAT much alike.

  10. #30
    Young actors often suck though, you know...because they are young and doesn't know shit
    Mother pus bucket!

  11. #31
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,946
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Anakin Skywalker was a pretty interesting character aswell, altrough imo his transformation to the dark side could've been executed a bit better. I prefer him over Luke Skywalker, who's pretty much a flawless character.

    Anakin's case in turning into the dark side was to have the power to save his wife Padmé, which ironically turned into her death. Arthas got corrupted by the Lich King, and was pretty much abandoned by Uther, Jaina and his own men while going after Mal'Ganis. It is their fault that they abandon Arthas, allowing Ner'Zhul to fully take over his emotions, and picks up Frostmourne.

    Arthas atleast still wanted to save his kingdom, and the only way is that Frostmourne helps him to kill Mal'Ganis. With almost nobody left to help him, he had no choice but to accept Frostmourne's offer to kill Mal'Ganis in exchange of his soul. Frostmourne eventually helped to kill Mal'Ganis, and the blade took its price.

    Anakin was never corrupted, he was just afraid of losing his wife. Imo Arthas and Anakin aren't THAT much alike.
    Oh I beg to differ... Having Palpatine whisper into his ears ever since he was a small boy, twisting his thoughts and opinions of everything surely counts as corrupting.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #32
    Dreadlord taximals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    That's like, your opinion, dude.

    Imho, he was just some angry kid that got a toy and then got angrier. Shallow character development with little motivation, no surprising twists and died leaving a bunch of loose ends (Sylvanas or Mal'Ganis didn't get their revenge, Jaina didn't get to confront him, Muradin or Saurfang didn't get to see him after all that Lootship nonsense etc).

    I honestly hope the movie isn't about him.
    Jaina did confront him, in her yelling whiney way during the 5mans and She seemed ok when she realised he kept a locket of hers. and sylvanas as was there and said "It is done" I assume means she got what she wanted as well.
    Edit; auto correct lol

    ~ Armoury ~

  13. #33
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,107
    Honestly the story will probably be around the timeframe of Warcraft 1 or 2.
    Orcs Vs Hummies.

    Arthus will be either non-existent, or a toddler.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Jaina didn't get to confront him
    yes, she did. he whooped her ass and she ran away.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  15. #35
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Honestly the story will probably be around the timeframe of Warcraft 1 or 2.
    Orcs Vs Hummies.

    Arthus will be either non-existent, or a toddler.
    It really shouldn't. That would just end up being way too cliché.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #36
    IMO Thor would be the perfect choice for Arthas.

    Warender - Orc Elemental Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,696
    I like them both.
    I find Arthas is the best lore character made by Blizzard, after all.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    i still just think he's too old now. Arthas is meant to be very young (early 20s) untested and headstrong, the older the actor is the more he just seems like a self-loving idiot. TBH, even in Thor, you don't feel like he's a young man who's too brash and unthinking, he came across as a bit of a self-centered bimbo. Until he went a bit mad at the end, I genuinely felt that Loki was in the right for most of that film and that Asgard was much better off without Thor.


    I'm trying to think of some younger actors <25 who might be a good fit for the role but none come to mind atm, any other suggestions or ideas?
    They make him look a lot older in Thor than he usually does; the beard, long hair, and jacked up physique are a facade really -- they make for a great Thor though.

    Juxtapose him to his role in say, Cabin in the Woods, for instance. He pretty easily passes for a high school senior in that and that movie wasn't filmed too long ago.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh I beg to differ... Having Palpatine whisper into his ears ever since he was a small boy, twisting his thoughts and opinions of everything surely counts as corrupting.
    Both Arthas and Anakin were indeed being messed around with Ner'Zhul/Palpatine, and they were both abandoned by the ones they loved. But Arthas did not openly turn against his people untill he picked up Frostmourne, which caused the good Arthas to be locked away, and having Frostmourne take over his body.

    Anakin was still being himself during his transformation. He killed a lot of Jedi's, children, openly attacked Obi-Wan without being controlled by someone else. But once Anakin realised that his wife Padmé didn't want to follow with him to the dark path, he pretty much lost it all. When he heard Padmé was death due to childbirth, he knew there was no way back, and remained the evil villain we still love today.

    While their stories do have some similiarities, they are still different beings.

  20. #40
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,630
    David Boreanaz would make a great older/corrupted Arthas, or Varian in general.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •