Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,207

    No Major Worgen or Draenei Activity Yet? [5.1 Spoilers]

    Velen being mentioned for a future patch aside.

    I'm a little bummed out by the lack of Worgen and Draenei activity this patch when I can hop on my Horde and see a plethora of Goblin and Blood Elf activity.
    Our poor little squid friends are still left out in the cold this patch along our furry friends, and no Guards/NPC's the other faction have to kill don't cut it unfortunately.

    I've kinda been hoping to see the two be far more developed ever since Wolfheart brought the two into the spotlight more, along with Velen's short story.

    The Draenei and Velen acknowledge in Velen's short story that they need to play a greater role on Azeroth. Yet we don't see this during the Alliance questing experience at all. The Draenei have played a huge role with Anduin learning how to become a Priest, yet we don't see him going around with a Draenei entourage or anything of the sort.
    Not to mention how the Draenei have seen the Orcs commit these kind of acts before. This must for the Draenei be some sort of deja vu and give them a kick to realise they need to aid their allies.

    Genn and the Worgen in Wolfheart were pretty much acknowledged by Varian as the Alliances elite force during the fighting. Genn promises the members of the Alliance that they could offer them a great military ally because of their curse and that through their might "Gilneas will rise again!", yet we aren't seeing them actively show this.
    Darius Crowley is a character that could have so much more progress as he seemed like a great characters, but he's been left.

    Sorry if that came across as a little ranty , but I'm just a little bummed out that we're being rather limited to Humans thus far. I hope there are others who feel likewise.

  2. #2
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,778
    There are plenty of Draenei pallys at Lion's Landing, more than I thought still lived.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  3. #3
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,862
    because i am making tea

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  4. #4
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    because i am making tea
    well hurry up finsih...havent you heard there is a war on?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  5. #5
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    well hurry up finsih...havent you heard there is a war on?
    now im making toast

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  6. #6
    Not sure about Worgen, but datamined dialogue from the ending of 5.1 indicates that Velen will play a major role in 5.2. Basically when Varian discovers what happens to his son, his gut reaction is to send for Velen.

    My guess is that 5.2 will at minimum include Velen healing Anduin in the Draenei segment of Trials of the High King. With any luck, Blizzard will have learned a lesson from A Little Patience and have Velen and Varian play off each others strengths rather then Varian doing Velen's job better then Velen can.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,915
    I have still hope, that at least the Draenei get a piece of the cake they really deserve it, worgen well they could show a phased Gilneas being rebuild or something like that. I mean they have retaken pretty much the entire Kingdom.

    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    because i am making tea
    Can I have some? Gilnean tea is the best ;P

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Sorry if that came across as a little ranty , but I'm just a little bummed out that we're being rather limited to Humans thus far. I hope there are others who feel likewise.
    Well you certainly have reason to be agitated I mean what did the Draenei or Worgen accomplish in recent times ingame? That's right nothing.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2012-12-01 at 04:32 PM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  8. #8
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,862
    i only made enough tea for my self and every single worgen.... this will take some time

    maybe patch 5.3?

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  9. #9
    Epic! Bosbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    1,641
    I guess 5.1 is only a small patch in the story-telling of Mists, made to introduce Alliance and Horde forces to Pandaria, the Mogu and the Sha. I think 5.2 will be the 'main story patch' before the Siege of Orgrimmar.

    As for Draenei and Worgen, atleast Velen will certainly have his moment. I do see alot of Worgen and Draenei NPCs though.
    I think the main reason why goblins and Belfs are more involved in 5.1 is because they have a certain place in the Horde. Where as Goblins are Engineers of the Horde warmachine, necisarry to asure the settlement of Domination Point, the Belfs are the 'Explorer's League of the Horde', required to investigate the dark magics and ruins of the land, Which for the Alliance are Gnomes and Dwarfs. the Draenei and Worgen just don't have that 'place'.

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i only made enough tea for my self and every single worgen.... this will take some time

    maybe patch 5.3?
    I will overthrow Garrosh if you promise me a tea shipment ;P
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  11. #11
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,862
    but u would have done that any way

    make the goats and worgen more prevalent

    and maybe

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  12. #12
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Blizzard needs to get a balance here. It seems like if a race gets some screen time everything else is ignored. We do see some Draenei defenders at Lions Landing but that is about it.

    I hope Blizzard does something like a large meeting between the faction leaders kind of what we seen at the elemental invasion crisis but fully voice acted.

  13. #13
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Blizzard needs to get a balance here. It seems like if a race gets some screen time everything else is ignored. We do see some Draenei defenders at Lions Landing but that is about it.

    I hope Blizzard does something like a large meeting between the faction leaders kind of what we seen at the elemental invasion crisis but fully voice acted.
    Indeed, I liked that, they could have done something like that, it was good.

    Also, to add to this, only night elves got something this patch, there's 5 more races Varian needs to convince to "vote" for him, will each get some scenario?



    About Darius Crowley, I somehow fear he'll appear as a boss in a Horde only dungeon. I have that strange feeling.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Also, to add to this, only night elves got something this patch, there's 5 more races Varian needs to convince to "vote" for him, will each get some scenario?
    Ya, Night Elves really needed Varian to instruct them on how to lay an ambush, something they've never ever done ever.

  15. #15
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    There are plenty of Draenei pallys at Lion's Landing, more than I thought still lived.
    Draenei pallys don't exist, they're vindicators.

  16. #16
    I'm telling it seem our force's are still weak where are our tanks where are our fighting force like it showed?!!?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:02 PM ----------

    you would think they would be very hard to kill in my book.

  17. #17
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Ya, Night Elves really needed Varian to instruct them on how to lay an ambush, something they've never ever done ever.
    Of course. Varian is like that football player and we, night elves, are the cheerleaders on the side. And he comes to Tyrande (the main cheerleader) and says:
    V: Hey baby, wanna go out?
    T: No can't do, that ugly orc taunted me from that temple so I'm going to go and kick his ass.
    V: Whoa, hold on there honey, you can't do that, I mean look, those orcs are in team Edward.
    T: What's team Edward? Is there a counterpart?
    V: Yes, we're team Jacob.
    Genn: Wait, what?
    V: Silence dog! Anyway, I think that we should instead lure those big bad orcs out with taunts and traps, yes.
    T: ... you do know I, and my people, have 10k years of experience in guerilla warfare, which, surprisingly involves traps and making the enemy come to you, right?
    V: Yes... no... what was the question? Anyway, you're a woman.
    T: So what?
    V: Women can't participate in wars and stuff, they're too delicate, you need to be in the kitchen making food for the troops.
    T: You know what men who make women in kitchen jokes are?
    V: What?
    T: Single.
    V: Malfurion agrees with me, why did you think you didn't lead the night elves after the Cataclysm but he was everywhere?
    Malfurion: Indeed, thank you honey for making me food while I was doing stuff in Darkshore, Hyjal, the Firelands and wherever else I was. And thank you for not being angry at me I didn't help you fight the Horde players when they attacked you in Darnassus, I was too tired after having been to the pub with Thrall, Cenarius and a few others.
    T: Malfurion, I am now going to come after you and beat you.
    *Malfurion starts running with Tyrande behind him*
    V: So, I guess I can take the leadership of all these night elves while you're gone?

    And this is how Varian got to lead the night elves. Tyrande got arrested for domestic violence, but because she's a public figure, the night elves tried to cover up the story so they disposed of the reporters and the paparazzi in their lands, so Tyrande won't be seen for the next 2 years at least while she's serving her sentence.
    The end.

    I think I made a more belivable reason for the night elves serving under Varian.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Velen being mentioned for a future patch aside.

    I'm a little bummed out by the lack of Worgen and Draenei activity this patch when I can hop on my Horde and see a plethora of Goblin and Blood Elf activity.
    Our poor little squid friends are still left out in the cold this patch along our furry friends, and no Guards/NPC's the other faction have to kill don't cut it unfortunately.

    I've kinda been hoping to see the two be far more developed ever since Wolfheart brought the two into the spotlight more, along with Velen's short story.

    The Draenei and Velen acknowledge in Velen's short story that they need to play a greater role on Azeroth. Yet we don't see this during the Alliance questing experience at all. The Draenei have played a huge role with Anduin learning how to become a Priest, yet we don't see him going around with a Draenei entourage or anything of the sort.
    Not to mention how the Draenei have seen the Orcs commit these kind of acts before. This must for the Draenei be some sort of deja vu and give them a kick to realise they need to aid their allies.

    Genn and the Worgen in Wolfheart were pretty much acknowledged by Varian as the Alliances elite force during the fighting. Genn promises the members of the Alliance that they could offer them a great military ally because of their curse and that through their might "Gilneas will rise again!", yet we aren't seeing them actively show this.
    Darius Crowley is a character that could have so much more progress as he seemed like a great characters, but he's been left.

    Sorry if that came across as a little ranty , but I'm just a little bummed out that we're being rather limited to Humans thus far. I hope there are others who feel likewise.
    Think yourself lucky,. I cannot remember when the last major plotline other then the pre cata events, involving the gnomes for example came up......when is high tinker livingjoke gonna get some love in this expansion?

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my computer.
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I have still hope, that at least the Draenei get a piece of the cake they really deserve it, worgen well they could show a phased Gilneas being rebuild or something like that. I mean they have retaken pretty much the entire Kingdom.



    Can I have some? Gilnean tea is the best ;P



    Well you certainly have reason to be agitated I mean what did the Draenei or Worgen accomplish in recent times ingame? That's right nothing.
    A while ago I made a thread producing a cool senario for trials of king thingy in Gilneas. They need to be involved! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Zone-Gilneas

  20. #20
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,116
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    Think yourself lucky,. I cannot remember when the last major plotline other then the pre cata events, involving the gnomes for example came up......when is high tinker livingjoke gonna get some love in this expansion?
    Well at least you have company there with the draenei and the worgen so no Horde races ruining your party.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •