Deleted

open rotation for destruction?

how many embers at start do ya build before use of chaos? couse the buffs at the start are almost run out at 3 embers.

also is it potimal to use dark soul at start?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    how many embers at start do ya build before use of chaos? couse the buffs at the start are almost run out at 3 embers.

also is it potimal to use dark soul at start?
    Personally I will do the following:

Prepot/Precast Immo
    CoE(If I have to)
    Doomguard(If it's best to use it at start)
    Conflag
    Conflag
    DarkSoul/Eng Gloves/Cds
    Incin
    Incin
    RoF (To proc everything)
    Incin
    Incin
    Chaos Bolt
    Chaos Bolt (If 1 ember generated by now)
    Immolate

and then go on with the normal rotation. Can sometimes get off 3 Chaos Bolts with all the buffs depending on RoF generation and crits. Our groups warrior will usually drop Skull Banner as I'm casting or just before I start casting my first chaos bolt, so I pretty much always get 2 completely buffed Chaos Bolts, as well as a fully crit-buffed Immo. The other advantage is you start off with getting your conflag stacks rolling right off the start of the fight.

Deleted
    ah cool,thx for info

Deleted
    I do exactly as Brusalk except I start the fight with Rain of Fire instead of using it "in the middle", I only use RoF to proc LotC though. If I wouldn't have that trinket I wouldn't use RoF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Personally I will do the following:

Prepot/Precast Immo
    CoE(If I have to)
    Doomguard(If it's best to use it at start)
    Conflag
    Conflag
    DarkSoul/Eng Gloves/Cds
    Incin
    Incin
    RoF (To proc everything)
    Incin
    Incin
    Chaos Bolt
    Chaos Bolt (If 1 ember generated by now)
    Immolate

and then go on with the normal rotation. Can sometimes get off 3 Chaos Bolts with all the buffs depending on RoF generation and crits. Our groups warrior will usually drop Skull Banner as I'm casting or just before I start casting my first chaos bolt, so I pretty much always get 2 completely buffed Chaos Bolts, as well as a fully crit-buffed Immo. The other advantage is you start off with getting your conflag stacks rolling right off the start of the fight.
    Any reason not to Darksoul before the 2x Conflags?
    Doing the exact same as you in my rotations except I Darksoul before them, I still have time to get a boosted immolate on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Any reason not to Darksoul before the 2x Conflags?
    Doing the exact same as you in my rotations except I Darksoul before them, I still have time to get a boosted immolate on the target.
    Holding it off lets me get the 3rd chaos bolt in under dark soul if I'm lucky with crits.

why immo so late?
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    why immo so late?
    ?
    I precast an immo

Deleted
    Holding it off lets me get the 3rd chaos bolt in under dark soul if I'm lucky with crits.
    You don't have to cast both Conflags at the same time. You should cast at least your 2nd conflag with all buffs and DS. You can get a 3rd chaos bolt in if you'd spend the backdrafts on chaos bolts and use fel flame instead of inci at start. Fel flame is generating embers singificantly faster. And you start with 100% mana, 3 chaos bolts will make you regen some mana too. Plenty of mana for fel flaming.

Oh, and dont precast immo, precast inci, since it is a longer cast and has a travel time. Or, if you're pro enough, u can precast an inci earlier and start precasting an immo as the inci is on the fly.

Deleted
    Or, if you're pro enough, u can precast an inci earlier and start precasting an immo as the inci is on the fly.
    Don't you enter combat as soon as your first cast ends ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Don't you enter combat as soon as your first cast ends ?
    No, you enter combat when the spell lands. You can try it on any mob. Your whole life was a lie?

Edit: in order to do this tho, you need a proper countdown from the raid leader.

Conflag generates embers, it is helpful to have it under Dark Soul as the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    You don't have to cast both Conflags at the same time. You should cast at least your 2nd conflag with all buffs and DS. You can get a 3rd chaos bolt in if you'd spend the backdrafts on chaos bolts and use fel flame instead of inci at start. Fel flame is generating embers singificantly faster. And you start with 100% mana, 3 chaos bolts will make you regen some mana too. Plenty of mana for fel flaming.

Oh, and dont precast immo, precast inci, since it is a longer cast and has a travel time. Or, if you're pro enough, u can precast an inci earlier and start precasting an immo as the inci is on the fly.
    I have to cast Immo, and I don't have to cast an incinerate to start off the rotation. Spending backdraft on a chaos bolt is a pretty big loss, not only for the reducing in cast time but also mana cost on incinerates that chaos bolt doesn't benefit from.

Precasting an incinerate rather than an immolate because it's a longer cast and has a travel time makes absolutely no sense. You want to pre-cast the most beneficial spell. It's cast time or travel time makes no difference. An incinerate can generate 1-2 embers, while an Immolate can potentially do the exactly the same in the amount of time you delay your immolate to precast an incin.

You do have a point about an pre-pre-casting an Incinerate on bosses with large travel time however.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Conflag generates embers, it is helpful to have it under Dark Soul as the opener.
    Yes, it does generate embers, but that's also 2 additional GCDs worth of time that you don't have Dark Soul at the end of the opener. In the event that I do get somewhat lucky with crits/RoF generation, the extra two GCDs worth of time lets me fit in a third chaos bolt, which I wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

Deleted
    Spending backdraft on a chaos bolt is a pretty big loss, not only for the reducing in cast time but also mana cost on incinerates that chaos bolt doesn't benefit from.
    Generally yes, but we're talking about the pull here. And if it's a matter of squeezing in a 3rd chaos bolt that benefits from DS, trinkets and pot, then it's totally worth it. It's simple math, you do 1 or 2 chaos bolts with all those procs and incinerates in betwee, I do 2 or 3 chaos bolts with all those procs with fel flames in between. Mana isn't a problem at the pull since u start with 100%, and casting 3 chaos bolts, even if backdrafted, will help with your mana regen. If you don't believe me, try it out.

You can precast both an incinerate and an immolate if you're good at it. And don't overestimate immolate, both its ember generation and its damage are quite shit.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Generally yes, but we're talking about the pull here. And if it's a matter of squeezing in a 3rd chaos bolt that benefits from DS, trinkets and pot, then it's totally worth it. It's simple math, you do 1 or 2 chaos bolts with all those procs and incinerates in betwee, I do 2 or 3 chaos bolts with all those procs with fel flames in between. Mana isn't a problem at the pull since u start with 100%, and casting 3 chaos bolts, even if backdrafted, will help with your mana regen. If you don't believe me, try it out.

You can precast both an incinerate and an immolate if you're good at it. And don't overestimate immolate, both its ember generation and its damage are quite shit.
    I think you misunderstand what I do. I always get 2 off, and I sometimes get off a third, exactly as you do, however I save 3 stacks of backdraft for incinerates at the cost of not having my first two conflags DS buffed.