Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    No, because I'm not a scumbag who enjoys griefing people.
    It's not griefing in the slightest. As far as I am concerned it is an auction that someone put up, willing to receive the price they requested for the item. Which in my case has been 1 copper, 1g and so forth.

I don't even see it as someone else on the other side of the auction, i see it as part of the game. And if someone is willing to put items up for that cheap, then its the risk they take.

How am I in the wrong by buying an auction?

If an auctioneer at a car auction was selling a mint condition 1963 split window corvette for $1 (USD), and I raised my hand to bid and the auctioneer slammed the gavel and yelled "Sold!" is it my fault that I bid and won the corvette?

I don't, nor do I bother listing transfers for super cheap. If you have the gold to buy what Im listing to send to myself cross faction, I'll have made a tiny profit off you, but a profit never the less. I <3 fluidity of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    The smarter people who transfer items xfaction will check the NAH zones for snipers. And/or synchronize their posting/buying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally xfer stuff using my own 2 accounts. Nothing is ever up for my 1c buyout for more than a few secs max, so you would have to be faster than me to grab them. I also don't leave the auctioneer targeted, so it doesn't even look like I am using the NAH. by the way, the only reason I even use the NAH is that alliance prices are easily half or a quarter horde prices on my server, and I play only horde, so things like bags that I don't have a tailor to make yet, or things like the DMF quest items that are in huge abundance on ally side and non existant on horde side. The other thing I did was sell pets ally side to have any money to buy stuff, even if it might have made more money horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If an auctioneer at a car auction was selling a mint condition 1963 split window corvette for $1 (USD), and I raised my hand to bid and the auctioneer slammed the gavel and yelled "Sold!" is it my fault that I bid and won the corvette?
    Just no, so much rationalizing. No one would sell that car like that for that much in real life. Secondly the only reason people put stuff cheap like that on the AH is because they want to either transfer it to a char they have on the opposite faction or give it to a friend on the opposite faction. You can't compare the WoW NAH to a real life auction because if it were real life the person would have just given the car to the person they wanted and not risk it being bought out by some person on the NAH for no reason. There simply is no other way to transfer stuff without moving the whole character to the other faction. You are exploiting this fact(the addon is the prove) and taking advantage of the system. There's nothing wrong with checking out the NAH occasionally to look for stuff not available to your faction or deals, but to have a separate account just to stop people from transferring stuff between alts is pretty low. That is the only reason why people post stuff for 1g or 1c you realize, right? If blizz allowed mail between factions your purpose on the NAH would evaporate, your not even there for the stuff.

You are not in the wrong for buying an auction. Your in the wrong for preventing people without thousands and thousands of gold on different characters from being able to transfer there stuff between factions. You will snipe it everytime. I also mean morally wrong, just being a dick to your fellow human. There is technically nothing in the TOS to stop you.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-01-31 at 10:09 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do something like that to another player? You mean bidding on and winning an auction they put up on the auction house?
    Yeah, you do that, keep finding excuses. Every reply to anyone who posts about morality on the question you posted, and you just try to wash your hands clean. You know full well what you're doing (beyond "just buying an auction"), and why some people (hopefully most) frown upon it.

I know I do. I'd feel horrible and dirty for sniping something like that. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Just no, so much rationalizing. No one would sell that car like that for that much in real life. Secondly the only reason people put stuff cheap like that on the AH is because they want to either transfer it to a char they have on the opposite faction or give it to a friend on the opposite faction. You can't compare the WoW NAH to a real life auction because if it were real life the person would have just given the car to the person they wanted and not risk it being bought out by some person on the NAH for no reason. There simply is no other way to transfer stuff without moving the whole character to the other faction. You are exploiting this fact(the addon is the prove) and taking advantage of the system. There's nothing wrong with checking out the NAH occasionally to look for stuff not available to your faction or deals, but to have a separate account just to stop people from transferring stuff between alts is pretty low. That is the only reason why people post stuff for 1g or 1c you realize, right? If blizz allowed mail between factions your purpose on the NAH would evaporate, your not even there for the stuff.

You are not in the wrong for buying an auction. Your in the wrong for preventing people without thousands and thousands of gold on different characters from being able to transfer there stuff between factions. You will snipe it everytime.
    It's Risk and reward to be honest, they can put it up for higher and or do a toon transfer when they have enough supplies they want to send over.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would i go out of my way to mistreat other players and be a thief? NO people who do this have no morals. If you do that you should be ashamed of yourself. There are plenty of ways to earn gold in this game, why would i go steal from others?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not stealing. They posted an item in the AH for a specific sale price. Someone bought it. End of transaction. Just because it wasn't the person they wanted is irrelevant.