Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is what i rock 95% of the time. I never shave, just trim it as i hate the clean shave look and feel.

I had a full beard for a few months last year and although I did like it, I wanted to try something different, so I went with a Van Dyke (goatee + mustache). Got a LOT of compliments from friends and family so I've been rocking that until recently when I hit the interview circuit again and had to go clean shaven. If I land a position that doesn't care about facial hair as long as it's groomed, I'll grow it back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a neatly trimmed beard and moustache because I prefer facial hair to none.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Beards are dirty. There is a reason we have razors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    And why would beards be dirtier than, let's say, the hair on your head? It's just hair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mustache and beard, but I occasionally shave the mustache off for a sort of Amish look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of us have learned to wash ourselves and not drip food all over our chins.

There's also a reason we grow beards. Naturally.

I take it you shave your head and all the hair on your body, because dirty?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Full beard. I trim it down about every other week, so it's not like it's long or anything.

I've had this since about 2004 or so. Before that, I was bearded from 1998-2002 when the lady friend started pointing out what I thought were blonde hairs in my beard were actually grey. Then I got tired of shaving again.

I have a beard and mustache right now I would never grow a mustache all by itself (they make people look creepy). Well not everyone because Jude Law looked amazing with the stache in Sherlock .

The first time I grew one because I was so busy with school I didn't have time to shave. I shaved it after midterms and I missed it. I don't think I will ever shave again, but I do trim every week so it isn't very long.

Also no I have never used a safety razor.
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-02-01 at 01:03 AM.

Beard? Yes I try to keep it nice and trimmed. Although there was like 2 weeks when I didn't and it got terrible looking
    Mustache? No I shave it off whenever one starts to show its hairy little... hair
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

Deleted
    I had a beard ever since it started growing thick and not fluffy, I think I was around 15 when I grew my first goatie.
    At any point in my life I always kept a style of facial hair, long goatie etc but the last 3 years I decided to let all of em grow.
    Im currently the proud owner of a chest lenght full beard that would make even Balin jealous

I do get strange looks often and people come talk to me in arabic or assume Im a muslim but i dont really care.
    I some times wear braids in it and metal rings with celtic designs on em, which imo it looks awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc65c75425f9; 2013-02-01 at 01:14 AM.

Been growing facial hair since I was in 9th grade (shaving since 12) in various types and lengths. I was even sporting a Hulk Hogan stache my first 2 years of college. Been forced to shave it for employment purposes, but always have had a stache. Right now I am attempting to grow a full-on dwarf beard like Gimli from Lord of the Rings, or 2/3 of the dudes from ZZTop. Because dwarves are fuckin awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the hair on my cheeks wasn't so sparse/patchy I'd grow a full beard in an instant. Unfortunately though all I can manage is a moustache+short 'chinstrap' beard+longer goatee. Sometimes I'll shave the chinstrap or moustache, but the goatee is never going away :P

Deleted
    Dirty? O_o

Beards make men look like men and not boys!

I'm 21 and my face refuses to grow a beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, I've been sporting a beard since about the latter end of highschool. I prefer a full beard to being clean shaven, though I will shave if the need arises. The best picture of my beard was when I got my temps. I look a bit blushed in that picture, and combined with my beard I look like a bit of a hillbilly. For No Shave November I grew it out without trimming on my usual schedule, and got a pretty good beard going. Ended up having to shave it a couple days early for a job interview, but it was pretty glorious.

What I want to do eventually is grow out my mustache and the soul patch, and then get some wax and curl it. When I let my beard grow out my mustache is curlable, though it doesn't hold for very long on its own.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I grew a full on beard for November, and I had a beard growing for the Diableard challenge, but when I realized the developers of Diablo 3 were idiots and took a lot longer to give us the game, i quickly shaved it off.

Also with the question of have you grown a beard or mustache, the next question is, have you shaved using a safety razor before? Good manly stuff there.
    Yepp! Though a week ago I trimmed my beard down so I just had a milimeter or so left. It felt better and looked better, to be honest. Still got my mustache though, but nothing fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    There's also a reason we grow beards. Naturally.

I take it you shave your head and all the hair on your body, because dirty?
    No because my mouth doesn't sit right on top of those areas.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dopefishz View Post
    I'm 21 and my face refuses to grow a beard.

I didn't have any facial hair at 21 either. I'm 27 now and now my face is full of it, so don't you worry.