Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Beards are for homeless people
    Luckily, Ignorance is for anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently sporting a decent handlebar mustache. It's nothing compared to whiteys sig but it's getting there.

That was the first iteration of it, it's much cleaner looking now and about twice as long. I have to trim above the lip to keep from eating my mustache during meals, which is annoying. Also, the left side has a nice natural curl to it but the right side is a pain in the ass and doesn't like to curl.

Edit- Resized image
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-02-01 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Absolutely, Had a nice full beard was very majestic. Recently shaved it off after a couple years of growth, for a change up....and immediately regretted it. Needles to say started growing it back again. It's nice to see all the beard love in here, it's absurd where we live in a day in age where the Man Boys are seen as normal and a bearded man is the strange one.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried both but mustache only along with stub accompanying it.
    I usually prefer a stub cos that appeals most women, if I date someone who like it clean I do that, she likes a beard I grow that.
    Damn I'm one succesful manwhore.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Aren't there like beard nets or something available.
    They are out there, however some places just simply say no, and that it is against their policy.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

15+ Year Old Account

I almost always go for stub. I hate shaving it is arguably more boring that doing the dishes.
    So keeping a stub gives me the neat advantage of doing a 30s run with a trimmer instead of water, foam, Mach-3 crap which only make my skin irritated anyway.

Maybe someone can give me some tips though, when I've had full beard and that has been a couple of times the beard start to itch when its about 3cm.
    Just like is suck up all the moist from the skin, tried loations but it wont do the trick.
    Any suggestions?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

been rocking a beard for about 8 years now...and mustache as well for about half that time

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

I almost always go for stub. I hate shaving it is arguably more boring that doing the dishes.
    So keeping a stub gives me the neat advantage of doing a 30s run with a trimmer instead of water, foam, Mach-3 crap which only make my skin irritated anyway.

Maybe someone can give me some tips though, when I've had full beard and that has been a couple of times the beard start to itch when its about 3cm.
    Just like is suck up all the moist from the skin, tried loations but it wont do the trick.
    Any suggestions?
    Wait it out a bit longer and it Should stop itching. In the interim Use a shampoo/conditioner like Head and Shoulders on it at least twice a weak. Also coconut oil works very well too, keeps it very smooth as well.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

15+ Year Old Account
    But doesnt coconut oil smell like those pesky scented light candles, like ALOT?
    Also a bit longer, how much in general cos I cannot really see myself having a 10cm beard, more like 4-5 cm

But doesnt coconut oil smell like those pesky scented light candles, like ALOT?
    Also a bit longer, how much in general cos I cannot really see myself having a 10cm beard, more like 4-5 cm
    Id say another 2-3. If you get the straight oil, just smells like coconut. If you want to mask it, splash some aftershave/cologne on it.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

15+ Year Old Account
    Worth trying, I find few things as relaxing and soothing as stroking my beard. One of our typical 'guy things' I guess.

Worth trying, I find few things as relaxing and soothing as stroking my beard. One of our typical 'guy things' I guess.
    Indeed, I found it very relaxing as well. Often find myself going to do it still even after I shaved it. Oh as an addendum to the above, after you let it grow out to around 6 or so. Your skin I've found has gotten used to the hair and the irritation will go away. At that point you can trim it shorter to your liking and should still be fine.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Beards are for homeless people
    Whats up with you and others spewing out bullshit like this?

Everyone has a Beard / Mustache / Hairstyle that fits them!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    Indeed, I found it very relaxing as well. Often find myself going to do it still even after I shaved it. Oh as an addendum to the above, after you let it grow out to around 6 or so. Your skin I've found has gotten used to the hair and the irritation will go away. At that point you can trim it shorter to your liking and should still be fine.
    I love stroking my beard and running my fingers through it. 3 inches long (7.5 cm) so far. And I find myself wanting to do so each time I have shaved it. I would always catch myself reaching for it and then remembering with a sadface that it isn't there.

And after like .5 cm my face stops itching. I just suck it up and suffer through the itching, as at the end I am graced with an awesome beard.

Also, I get so damn tired of hearing stupidity being spewed like the crap from Sprinky and lockedout. It's idiocy like that as to why a dude with a boy face is considered "normal" and the only acceptable look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone try using a safety razor? I'm considering getting one, as I currently shave with the gilette 5 razor fusion glide, but I kinda wanna try some old school shaving, and getting one of those badger hair brushes to lather up with.

Any suggestions?

Deleted
    I've had a full beard since I was 20 and I likey . Girl is fine with it too so it's cool.

The only time I've grown out a mustache is for Movember.

I also find myself growing out my beard during the winter, and keep shaving it off in the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried growing a beard but it itched too much... damn good beard I can grown though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I tried growing a beard but it itched too much... damn good beard I can grown though :P
    Just suck up the annoyance and you will be rewarded with awesome. Honestly, for me, the beard is worth the annoying itching.

Deleted
    Yes, full beard. I hate shaving and a beard makes me look better anyway ;P