Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Sindragosa's Breath - This changes things.

    From Twitter/front page:

    I feel like it would have to proc rune talents for that to be effective
    It does. (Celestalon)

    So SB is actually going to be a viable option. Thinking of dusting off my DK now for WoD

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Don't worry. they'll nerf the shit out of something else to compensate for it

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Don't worry. they'll nerf the shit out of something else to compensate for it
    ah i love the smell of pessimism in the morning.
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  4. #4
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Don't worry. they'll nerf the shit out of something else to compensate for it
    The Lord giveth and taketh away.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    ah i love the smell of pessimism in the morning.
    Knowing Blizzard, I'd say its pragmatism, not pessimism.

  6. #6
    Sindragosa's Breath is intended to be the primary RP dump of both DPS specs, both in single-target and AoE, whenever it's off cooldown and I personally look forward to it very much.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Sindragosa's Breath is intended to be the primary RP dump of both DPS specs, both in single-target and AoE, whenever it's off cooldown and I personally look forward to it very much.
    It can't be the "primary RP dump" because it has a cooldown. You should be using it on cooldown, though, yes. And pooling RP before it's available too.

  8. #8
    Pretty bad implementation if it is powerful enough to be the clear #1 choice for damage done in all situations. I haven't paid much attention to the L100 talents for any class so maybe they are all designed that way (with a clear #1 choice for each role/spec), but that sort of defeats the purpose of their talent tree implementation post 5.0, doesn't it?

  9. #9
    I'm sure they'll bring all 3 talents reasonably close, since SB is one more thing to manage (watching its CD+rune pooling), so it wouldn't be a surprise if it was a teeny bit stronger than the other 2. It's definitely the go-to choice for burst AoE in the tier.

  10. #10
    Yeah, who said it would be the #1 choice in all situations? There are 2 other talents on that tier.

  11. #11
    If it's intended to be used in a primary ST rotation, it better proc SI.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Pretty bad implementation if it is powerful enough to be the clear #1 choice
    Like Roiling Blood?

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    If it's intended to be used in a primary ST rotation, it better proc SI.
    Just tweeted at Celey this very question, hope we get a response.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Pretty bad implementation if it is powerful enough to be the clear #1 choice for damage done in all situations. I haven't paid much attention to the L100 talents for any class so maybe they are all designed that way (with a clear #1 choice for each role/spec), but that sort of defeats the purpose of their talent tree implementation post 5.0, doesn't it?
    I think they'll all be nicely viable since they all do different things with the same focus on single target and aoe damage.
    Necro Plague nicely encourages a single dot rotation and festerblight as unholy
    Defile might get used when its clear mobs will be stationary in it for it's full duration
    and Sindys breath is just a neat extra thing to manage

    They all seem to have niches and I'm sure they can get the numbers right that there's no clear highest dps option.
    _____________________________________________
    Also known as Kalrell ingame and @Kalrell on Twitters.

  14. #14
    I'm struggling to see a situation where I'll ever be picking defile over SB based on what I've heard about the talents thus far. I'll reserve judgement for when I can get my hands on them but it sounds pretty cut and dry the worst of the three.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    I'm struggling to see a situation where I'll ever be picking defile over SB based on what I've heard about the talents thus far. I'll reserve judgement for when I can get my hands on them but it sounds pretty cut and dry the worst of the three.
    Well i like the fact you take 10% less damage from mobs that stand in your defile, thats a pretty good incentive. :P
    _____________________________________________
    Also known as Kalrell ingame and @Kalrell on Twitters.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Well i like the fact you take 10% less damage from mobs that stand in your defile, thats a pretty good incentive. :P
    If you're concerned about 10% damage reduction you may need to work on your AMS absorption and raid awareness, or your healers just aren't doing their job. While its certainly nice... its not at all something that should be a deciding point for a DPS class. Always pick the optimal DPS choice, unless its an absolute must-have talent for a specific boss mechanic.

  17. #17
    Our only view of these talents came from Blizzcon 5 months ago. All talents had placeholder values, and the devs have told us that "nearly everything" has changed since then. So it's just a teensy bit premature to compare the 3 talents in the L100 tier.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    If you're concerned about 10% damage reduction you may need to work on your AMS absorption and raid awareness, or your healers just aren't doing their job. While its certainly nice... its not at all something that should be a deciding point for a DPS class. Always pick the optimal DPS choice, unless its an absolute must-have talent for a specific boss mechanic.
    My understanding is that it works against Physical damage as well. Seems to be more of a PvP talent than PvE unless it's made to work like Smoke Bomb.

  19. #19
    Moderator Nyanmaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Eschborn
    Posts
    5,344
    Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    If you're concerned about 10% damage reduction you may need to work on your AMS absorption and raid awareness, or your healers just aren't doing their job. While its certainly nice... its not at all something that should be a deciding point for a DPS class. Always pick the optimal DPS choice, unless its an absolute must-have talent for a specific boss mechanic.
    Or he's playing a tank. But maybe I did miss the point where this thread was dps only?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Or he's playing a tank. But maybe I did miss the point where this thread was dps only?
    R.I.P. Blood dps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •