I'll just sum up why I think MoP is currently a disaster in my opinion.
What's good about it:
- Zones are amazing, quests are nice. The whole continent of Pandaria has stunning visuals.
- Challenge modes, all though some work needs to be done about them
- Monks are fun
- Less AFKing in Orgrimmar for those who prefer to go out in the world.
- 5 mans went back to how they were supposed to be. Easy content for quick JP/VP and gear for newly dinged alts (challenge modes are there for those who want a challenge)
- Lots of mounts
- Professions are easier to level
- No raid requirement for old content. Soloable bosses, etc
- Talents are "ok." would be nice with some more options.
- Account bound mounts, achievements and stuff. Nice for someone as altoholic as me.
What I dislike about it:
- World bosses
- Cross Realm Zones (WHY JUST WHY)
- Being "forced" to do dailies to stay competatitive. This is the main reason why I quit playing my 90s
- PvP is worse than ever. The most annoying part about it is all the CC. Stunned, sheeped, silenced, freezed, feared, slowed.
- Upgradeable items, even more grinding for those who want to stay competative. Extremely time consuming.
- There's too many parts of LFR.
- New LFR loot system can be greatly improved. It's very unrewarding and annoying.
- 4 dungeons in total from 85-90, and leveling in dungeons is super slow compared to questing
- Most alt-unfriendly expansion ever. Leveling from 85-90 is super boring once you've done it a few times, mainly because questing is the only way to go. No heirlooms and tons of xp required as well. ZZZZZzzzz.
- Pet battles. I don't see the point. It also !@#$ed up everything fun about pet collecting because there are hundreds of new pets to get and you can buy pets from other players no matter if they used to be soulbound or not.
- Being able to buy heroic items from BMAH. Vanity items and mounts? Fair enough, but items that can be used for progress, that can affect end game?
- No rep tabards or rep from 5 mans.
- The coins used to get more loot. Did we really need this?
Not quite sure about Brawler's Guild. Didn't look interesting so I haven't bothered with it.
I actually had more fun at max level in Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria is way too time consuming, grindy and repetative. Haven't seen anything like it since vanilla, and grinding was still boring back then, even though we didn't know better.
Why is it a disaster? I'm not playing my 90s anymore, that's the disaster. For the first time in 8 years I've quit raiding. Quit doing what I like about this game. I'm not burnt out, I'm still playing as much as I used to and I'm not bored. But I'm not playing my 90s. Shouldn't they make the end game as fun and rewarding as possible?
Most of my irl friends seem to be of the same opinion. My old, very active guild, is almost dead.