Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Your analogy is completely flawed as well. The "women" refer to "MMORPGs" or "games". If someone parted with WoW / MoP (their girlfriend) and they hate all women for no reason whatsoever (which is actually a kind of trauma, but OK) then that is much more than merely WoW / MoP (their girlfriend) alone. Its more akin to, like I said, "MMORPGs" or "games".
    Actually that's exactly what I was going for, in this case, MMOs in general. Haven't you seen the way many ex-wow players refer to new and upcoming MMOs? Its like there's years of bitterness and resentment. They're not just cautiously wary like a smart shopper, they're angry when a game has any sort of similarity to WoW. I've read the reviews, the reasonings and the so-called "tons of well written explainations" on the problems people have with the expansion. Many of them are just run-on ramblings that (to use your style here) can be summed up into one sentence; "You're getting tired of the game."

It hasn't drastically changed with this expansion. There's always been dailies. Yes, now there are way more dailies but there's less reason to do them than there's ever been. Many top raiders haven't touched them since the week of release. The gear they offer isn't mandatory. The reps offer no real bonus. They offer valor, sure, but it's not like we're at a lack of ways to achieve weekly cap.

We have more options now than we've ever had in the game. Ever.

I'm not a fan boy, far from it. I could go on for hours about my flaws with the game. The difference here is that I know when to identify a gripe with the game as a personal preference, not as some giant problem with the game as a whole or some creepy vendetta the company has with it's playerbase. I take frequent breaks from the game when it starts to feel stale and return when it perks my interest again. Its why I'm still playing. I'll never understand the bitterness people have with it or any game for that matter. I'll say it again; they don't owe us anything. We get exactly what we pay for and are free to stop paying at any time.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Comes from the innate need people have to find something wrong with something new.
    Gating content is nothing new. They have been artificially extending content in the most tedious way. I loved the beginning of MoP but it's gotten stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I like MoP

The only issues that I see with the expansion is pvp

pvp has become a game of getting globaled by BM hunters and warriors. Shadow priest are out of control with their defensive spells as well , they have about 5 ways to reset a fight, it's stupid, only if ele shamans had the toolkit of shadow priest, smh.

Personally, MoP has been my favorite expansion. Every expansion you get the " ______ has ruined WoW! Im quitting!" crowd. It's unfortunate but its the nature of the beast. They have been there for every expansion, they are there for this expansion and will be here for the next one. Just ignore them and have fun in the game! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW went from a Dungeons game to a Dailys game. I hate the zones and the story line feels like nothing's really happening... So far all we've really done is squash bugs and statues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple enough quesiton and the simple enough answer is :

personal opinions, we each have one and they are all different thus some people will hate what you like and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Actually that's exactly what I was going for, in this case, MMOs in general. Haven't you seen the way many ex-wow players refer to new and upcoming MMOs? Its like there's years of bitterness and resentment. They're not just cautiously wary like a smart shopper, they're angry when a game has any sort of similarity to WoW. I've read the reviews, the reasonings and the so-called "tons of well written explainations" on the problems people have with the expansion. Many of them are just run-on ramblings that (to use your style here) can be summed up into one sentence; "You're getting tired of the game."

It hasn't drastically changed with this expansion. There's always been dailies. Yes, now there are way more dailies but there's less reason to do them than there's ever been. Many top raiders haven't touched them since the week of release. The gear they offer isn't mandatory. The reps offer no real bonus. They offer valor, sure, but it's not like we're at a lack of ways to achieve weekly cap.

I'm not a fan boy, far from it. I could go on for hours about my flaws with the game. The difference here is that I know when to identify a gripe with the game as a personal preference, not as some giant problem with the game as a whole or some creepy vendetta the company has with it's playerbase. I take frequent breaks from the game when it starts to feel stale and return when it perks my interest again. Its why I'm still playing. I'll never understand the bitterness people have with it or any game for that matter. I'll say it again; they don't owe us anything. We get exactly what we pay for and are free to stop paying at any time.
    You are completely wrong, and i doubt your judgment after reading that there is less reason to do daileis than ever in this expansion.
    About "many top raiders hadnt touched them", that's a complete lie. 3 people from Blood Legion have already said that daileis are mandatory and excesively grindy, and casuals also offer the same veridict. Most of the peolpe that doesnt like the dailies have done it anyway because the system is completely off board over rewarding, even mroe than dungeons were in Cata since they also reward special items like the JC companions as well as charms, aside from valor gear access, tons of mounts, etc.

Its not a matter of personal preference, or some weird vendetta, i still think WoW is the best MMO in the market and Blizzard is a great company, but dailies are hurting it very badly.

I am still playing just to raid with my friends, but i dont log anymore, all thanks to dailies. You are a fanboy if you dont realize how big this issue is impacting the game, specially when Blizzard themselves are starting to do it (valor gear outside of dailies, some very minor rep earned with dungeons and scenarios, charms earned by pet battles).
    When players that defend the company says everything is fine, even thigns the company already said werent, then you pretty much have the definition of a fanboy.

Now, Blizzard is too slow, it took them months to realize that the dungeons were tuned too hard in Cata, and its taking montsh to realize how big of a problem the dailies, and the changes they are making are too little too late. They need to make dungeons being a valid form of farming rep, as fast as (no more, no less) and as much as than with dailies, and the ways to get charms need to be also as efficient as dailies, and they need to do this fast, or the sub bleed will continue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Actually that's exactly what I was going for, in this case, MMOs in general. Haven't you seen the way many ex-wow players refer to new and upcoming MMOs? Its like there's years of bitterness and resentment. They're not just cautiously wary like a smart shopper, they're angry when a game has any sort of similarity to WoW.
    No sorry, that doesn't follow. Either they're against the MMORPG genre in principle, they're against WoW, or (most likely) it is a shade of grey and they dislike some aspects of both but wish for a new innovation.

I've read the reviews, the reasonings and the so-called "tons of well written explainations" on the problems people have with the expansion. Many of them are just run-on ramblings that (to use your style here) can be summed up into one sentence; "You're getting tired of the game."
    Thing here is, WoW is 8 years old now. 8 years is a long time in IT in general, and also specifically the gaming scene. I, for one, do not want to see clones, I want to see innovation. The iPhone didn't make Symbian irrelevant because it cloned high-end Symbian phones. It made Symbian irrelevant because Android went to compete heads on, and given the nature of open source, also eventually was able to mid tier market besides high end.

Sorry, it has changed. There were no dailies in 4.3. The dailies in 4.2 weren't relevant if you had HC gear from previous expansion. The dailies in 4.0 were only required for one boss: Nefarian HC (which isn't something an average raider aspires to kill pre-nerf). Yes, you had to grind the dungeons for gear in Cata, but not daily quests.

There's only one way to unlock the VP gear: dailies.

The only difference is that you found a casual way to play the game whereas many quitters don't. They see grinds as needless gameplay, rehashing content. This is not inherent to MMORPG genre. It does exist in some MMORPGs, but not all, and in previous iterations of RPG it wasn't existing either (PnP RPG, rogue-style RPG, MUDs).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote a long reply in a similar thread on the EU WoW forums which explains why I really dislike MoP so far.

Here's the thread

I'll just sum up why I think MoP is currently a disaster in my opinion.

What's good about it:

- Zones are amazing, quests are nice. The whole continent of Pandaria has stunning visuals.
    - Challenge modes, all though some work needs to be done about them
    - Monks are fun
    - Less AFKing in Orgrimmar for those who prefer to go out in the world.
    - 5 mans went back to how they were supposed to be. Easy content for quick JP/VP and gear for newly dinged alts (challenge modes are there for those who want a challenge)
    - Lots of mounts
    - Professions are easier to level
    - No raid requirement for old content. Soloable bosses, etc
    - Talents are "ok." would be nice with some more options.
    - Account bound mounts, achievements and stuff. Nice for someone as altoholic as me.

What I dislike about it:

- World bosses
    - Cross Realm Zones (WHY JUST WHY)
    - Being "forced" to do dailies to stay competatitive. This is the main reason why I quit playing my 90s
    - PvP is worse than ever. The most annoying part about it is all the CC. Stunned, sheeped, silenced, freezed, feared, slowed.
    - Upgradeable items, even more grinding for those who want to stay competative. Extremely time consuming.
    - There's too many parts of LFR.
    - New LFR loot system can be greatly improved. It's very unrewarding and annoying.
    - 4 dungeons in total from 85-90, and leveling in dungeons is super slow compared to questing
    - Most alt-unfriendly expansion ever. Leveling from 85-90 is super boring once you've done it a few times, mainly because questing is the only way to go. No heirlooms and tons of xp required as well. ZZZZZzzzz.
    - Pet battles. I don't see the point. It also !@#$ed up everything fun about pet collecting because there are hundreds of new pets to get and you can buy pets from other players no matter if they used to be soulbound or not.
    - Being able to buy heroic items from BMAH. Vanity items and mounts? Fair enough, but items that can be used for progress, that can affect end game?
    - No rep tabards or rep from 5 mans.
    - The coins used to get more loot. Did we really need this?

Not quite sure about Brawler's Guild. Didn't look interesting so I haven't bothered with it.

I actually had more fun at max level in Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria is way too time consuming, grindy and repetative. Haven't seen anything like it since vanilla, and grinding was still boring back then, even though we didn't know better.

Why is it a disaster? I'm not playing my 90s anymore, that's the disaster. For the first time in 8 years I've quit raiding. Quit doing what I like about this game. I'm not burnt out, I'm still playing as much as I used to and I'm not bored. But I'm not playing my 90s. Shouldn't they make the end game as fun and rewarding as possible?

Most of my irl friends seem to be of the same opinion. My old, very active guild, is almost dead.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks, the sole pain in my ass this expac. and the fact that blizzard just keeps giving them buffs they don't need.

I think MoP is better then cat, I put it on par with wotlk so far. With that said im not subbed right now, because im flat out bored of the level 90 stuff to do, and alts in mop are a COMPLETE chore...with no flying, long 85-90 grind, everything gated behind dailies I have already done until my eyes bled at 90, etc alts are just so absolutely unattractive that I couldn't even be bothered to log into them. Therefore, I am not playing until there is new and exciting stuff to check out on my main, or the alt "problem" is fixed. Overall though, I think mop is a good xpansion. Since BC no expansion has been able to keep me from unsubbing for 6~ months here and there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I wrote a long reply in a similar thread on the EU WoW forums which explains why I really dislike MoP so far.

Here's the thread
    You do have a plethora of alts I applaud your coherent, to the point list. Although I am biased (agree with many of the points) at least it is well written without loaded terms etc. I take my hat off (in agreement), chapeau.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Comes from the innate need people have to find something wrong with something new.
    Excellent answer here, I think people hate the expansion cause of pandas more than dailies or anything else.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-01 at 11:15 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be quitters. This expansion is a huge improvement from Cataclysm, it's still lacking content imo though.

Some people are also just never happy, for many reasons, which we won't get into. It's the internet, let's complain. If it was possible, we would get complaints on life and how it sucks and how their life needs a buff...

God would get slated for having terrible customer service.

Just to add, WotLK and Cata received far more hate at this stage. Especially WotLK, first tier in Cata didn't get many complains.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-02-01 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate mop...I'm just a bit tired of the constant endless gear grind (in other mmos in addition to wow) shouldn't games be played because they have fun stuff to do in them rather than just increasing your damage slightly...i want to expand, grow, have what i do in the game really matter (even if it's miniscule) basically just eve online without the auto pilot >.< rant over :P

Actually I don't think many people hate MoP as you might think. Cata IMO was a lot worse when it came to hate. I have seen people in general like MoP and some people who were initially question the MoP theme and the Pandas like it as well.

My only problem with MOP, and a personal one at that, is indeed the dailies and rep grind. I personally don't like questing much. It's harder to do with more people, and timing up on getting on and doing them with friends/guildies seemed like a hassle. My favorite part of the game are the dungeons, given that I was only a casual player, with the occasional raid thrown in, both old and current, for fun. Never could do a scheduled raid time for long (busy college student is busy).

I ended up quitting because for some reason the dungeons bored the crap out of me, I didn't have time to raid, PvPing can get annoying with multiple losses stacking up in BGs and not having a lot of people that wanted to do arenas on my realm, a few of my closer friends quit, and finally I just didn't have the time I used to spend on gaming to make it worth the $15 a month. I completely plan on coming back though. I miss having fun doing dungeons with new people, messing around with friends, and having deep philosophical conversations in trade chat. Next couple of months I'm planning on returning and having some fun.
    Pallys FTW

People who love MoP are playing. People who don't, come to forums to whine.

Overall, I'd say MoP is more popular than Cata thus far.

I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.

I guess you can allready see where this is going.
    Dailys of course.
    I'm more the 5 man instance / raid guy, transmog runs, pet battles are fun, but I don't do quests
    So... after I got all my blues from instances there was no need to play them anymore, because I couldn't spent the valor on anything.
    mmh... so maybe I craft some epics ? No, because you need rep to buy the recepies, which you have to do dailys for!
    ok, then I'll farm all the materials and let someone else craft them ? No, because most of the mats are bop!
    But hey, I get a nice legendary stone right ? No, I won't even see the main storyline of MoP

So, yeah. Why was I online again ? Right, there's nothing I could do, so I stoped playing besides raids.

I know, my case is pretty extreme(not questing at all), but MoP is the worst that Blizz could have done to me, and they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dheyjin View Post
    I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.
    This is a pretty valid point. Sure you can raid, or do dungeons, however you can't get anywhere at all in end game without grinding out those dailies that half of us hate. I know the point of this kind of game is grinding, but I really do wish they gave us a choice between dailies and instances and let us decide what we wanted to do. I loved Cata because it was very instance focused, without a lot of dailies that were required . Now, you can't get anywhere end game without grinding dailies, which is the one part of this game I don't like. Meanwhile, Blizz says there's more to do end game than ever... but you can't get those shiney purples without grinding out those dailies, or raiding which casuals have a hard time with. Not even that I need the purples to enjoy the game though, it's simply tedious to have to feel I have to do a daily grind of dailies, which aren't hard or interesting or much of anything but a time sink after awhile, and that's what kills it for me.

To each their own, and there's still plenty about the game that I absolutely love, it's just those dailies that get under my skin. Especially when my main is a mage, and so many mobs pat in large groups randomly in MoP. It can become very frustrating to grind them when you don't have awesome gear. Just my 2 cents.
    Pallys FTW