Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Actually I don't think many people hate MoP as you might think. Cata IMO was a lot worse when it came to hate. I have seen people in general like MoP and some people who were initially question the MoP theme and the Pandas like it as well.

  2. #202
    High Overlord Daulivanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    My only problem with MOP, and a personal one at that, is indeed the dailies and rep grind. I personally don't like questing much. It's harder to do with more people, and timing up on getting on and doing them with friends/guildies seemed like a hassle. My favorite part of the game are the dungeons, given that I was only a casual player, with the occasional raid thrown in, both old and current, for fun. Never could do a scheduled raid time for long (busy college student is busy).

    I ended up quitting because for some reason the dungeons bored the crap out of me, I didn't have time to raid, PvPing can get annoying with multiple losses stacking up in BGs and not having a lot of people that wanted to do arenas on my realm, a few of my closer friends quit, and finally I just didn't have the time I used to spend on gaming to make it worth the $15 a month. I completely plan on coming back though. I miss having fun doing dungeons with new people, messing around with friends, and having deep philosophical conversations in trade chat. Next couple of months I'm planning on returning and having some fun.
    Pallys FTW

  3. #203
    People who love MoP are playing. People who don't, come to forums to whine.

    Overall, I'd say MoP is more popular than Cata thus far.

  4. #204
    I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.

    I guess you can allready see where this is going.
    Dailys of course.
    I'm more the 5 man instance / raid guy, transmog runs, pet battles are fun, but I don't do quests
    So... after I got all my blues from instances there was no need to play them anymore, because I couldn't spent the valor on anything.
    mmh... so maybe I craft some epics ? No, because you need rep to buy the recepies, which you have to do dailys for!
    ok, then I'll farm all the materials and let someone else craft them ? No, because most of the mats are bop!
    But hey, I get a nice legendary stone right ? No, I won't even see the main storyline of MoP

    So, yeah. Why was I online again ? Right, there's nothing I could do, so I stoped playing besides raids.

    I know, my case is pretty extreme(not questing at all), but MoP is the worst that Blizz could have done to me, and they did.

  5. #205
    High Overlord Daulivanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheyjin View Post
    I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.
    This is a pretty valid point. Sure you can raid, or do dungeons, however you can't get anywhere at all in end game without grinding out those dailies that half of us hate. I know the point of this kind of game is grinding, but I really do wish they gave us a choice between dailies and instances and let us decide what we wanted to do. I loved Cata because it was very instance focused, without a lot of dailies that were required . Now, you can't get anywhere end game without grinding dailies, which is the one part of this game I don't like. Meanwhile, Blizz says there's more to do end game than ever... but you can't get those shiney purples without grinding out those dailies, or raiding which casuals have a hard time with. Not even that I need the purples to enjoy the game though, it's simply tedious to have to feel I have to do a daily grind of dailies, which aren't hard or interesting or much of anything but a time sink after awhile, and that's what kills it for me.

    To each their own, and there's still plenty about the game that I absolutely love, it's just those dailies that get under my skin. Especially when my main is a mage, and so many mobs pat in large groups randomly in MoP. It can become very frustrating to grind them when you don't have awesome gear. Just my 2 cents.
    Pallys FTW

  6. #206
    the debacle of pvp
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  7. #207
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheyjin View Post
    I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.

    I guess you can allready see where this is going.
    Dailys of course.
    I'm more the 5 man instance / raid guy, transmog runs, pet battles are fun, but I don't do quests
    So... after I got all my blues from instances there was no need to play them anymore, because I couldn't spent the valor on anything.
    mmh... so maybe I craft some epics ? No, because you need rep to buy the recepies, which you have to do dailys for!
    ok, then I'll farm all the materials and let someone else craft them ? No, because most of the mats are bop!
    But hey, I get a nice legendary stone right ? No, I won't even see the main storyline of MoP

    So, yeah. Why was I online again ? Right, there's nothing I could do, so I stoped playing besides raids.

    I know, my case is pretty extreme(not questing at all), but MoP is the worst that Blizz could have done to me, and they did.
    I like this post, As it shows when someone doesn't like doing something there not forced to do it. Good Post

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the debacle of pvp
    Hopefully with the recent bannings & 5.2 PvP will be better.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  8. #208
    People hate mop for the same reason people hate anything on this planet. No matter what it is you will find some outspoken biggot who feels the need to vent his spleen all over everyone else to let them know what his/her opinion is.

    The big problem is these people are the loud obnoxious ones which is why it appears that there are so many of them when infact they make up a small percentage of the population. The rest of us are too busy enjoying ourselves to voice our side.

  9. #209
    High Overlord Freeasacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    105
    This is the fucking nadir of WoW. Right now. Seriously, this is worst than ToC. The changes that Blizz has recently made to LFR and their management of dailies and the valor cap in this expansion have been atrocious and shows that they couldn't be any more out of touch with both the community and the game.

    Blizzard does not know what powergaming is. It is the absolute conviction by serious players to achieve the absolute most out of a game. These people, which there are many of, will ALWAYS reach the valor, honor, whatever cap every week. No faltering. Lowering this cap for the benefits of whining casuals because the people that feel the need to reach the cap apparently don't matter is a fucking insult to a large committed chunk of their playerbase. Catering to casuals is not the way to retain players.

    Extra buffs for wiping in LFR. This is an absolute joke. It's worse than Icecrown or Dragonsoul because it's being added once again to cater to casuals, but the most hilarious thing is that Blizzard thinks only casuals will use it innocently and nobody else will bother. Nope. That's not how powergaming works. It's totally exploitable and therefore it will be exploited. Any advantage a powergaming raid group can utilize, they will. This is the most obvious and easy way to beat a raid boss I have ever heard of and I would exploit it like a mother fucker.

    Dailies. Hilarious. Blizzard now lets you champion factions again after all their blustering about it not being necessary and there not being too many dailies. This change shows that Blizzard is wrong, and their utterly stupid PR attempts are just a constant stream of bullshit to keep the community in line while they make increasingly dumb decisions.

    Brawler's guild. Spend a huge amount of time developing something that only the players who hoard or buy gold can access, not those with actual skill or even your average player. Sounds like a great idea. Give me a break.

    This expansion has to be the worst, though possibly funniest thing I've seen happen to an MMO in a decade. Those of us kicking back, playing cheaper and better MMOs and watching all this crap unfold are having a gay old time. Long time players who are playing the game and still enjoying it are in complete denial.

  10. #210
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Brawler's guild. Spend a huge amount of time developing something that only the players who hoard or buy gold can access, not those with actual skill or even your average player. Sounds like a great idea. Give me a break.
    What the fu...? For a start invites are a random world drop from some rares, secondly you can get invited for free by a friend.

    Dailies were horrid yes agreed, as to the lfr wipe buff what a pathetic thing to get wound up about.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheyjin View Post
    I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.

    I guess you can allready see where this is going.
    Dailys of course.
    I'm more the 5 man instance / raid guy, transmog runs, pet battles are fun, but I don't do quests
    So... after I got all my blues from instances there was no need to play them anymore, because I couldn't spent the valor on anything.
    mmh... so maybe I craft some epics ? No, because you need rep to buy the recepies, which you have to do dailys for!
    ok, then I'll farm all the materials and let someone else craft them ? No, because most of the mats are bop!
    But hey, I get a nice legendary stone right ? No, I won't even see the main storyline of MoP

    So, yeah. Why was I online again ? Right, there's nothing I could do, so I stoped playing besides raids.

    I know, my case is pretty extreme(not questing at all), but MoP is the worst that Blizz could have done to me, and they did.
    /rubs eyes Could it a be? Finally someone with a valid complaint? I think I've gone crazy! Anywho, you might like 5.2 then, as it doesn't seem like the faction is mandatory at all.

  12. #212
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheyjin View Post
    So... after I got all my blues from instances there was no need to play them anymore, because I couldn't spent the valor on anything.
    mmh...
    Not only could you not spend the valor but justice points were fucking worthless, that really pissed me off, justice points continue to be a complete waste of time, I dont understand the change at all.

  13. #213
    High Overlord Freeasacar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What the fu...? For a start invites are a random world drop from some rares, secondly you can get invited for free by a friend.

    Dailies were horrid yes agreed, as to the lfr wipe buff what a pathetic thing to get wound up about.
    I didn't know you could get invited by a friend. Drops from rares don't exactly equate to much though.

    I disagree about the LFR wipe buff. Catering to casuals, as this is clearly doing, has been killing the game since Cata. That is something the majority of long-term analysts believe in, including myself.

  14. #214
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    I didn't know you could get invited by a friend. Drops from rares don't exactly equate to much though.

    I disagree about the LFR wipe buff. Catering to casuals, as this is clearly doing, has been killing the game since Cata. That is something the majority of long-term analysts believe in, including myself.
    5% drop rate on 3 rares is a pretty damn good chance imo

    Well, if youre in a group that kills lfr bosses without a wipe you dont need the buff and therefore are unaffected, if you are in a group who arent any good and wipe endlessly then the only effect is a positive one. Its such a crazy notion that this buff can be construed as a negative, I have been at garalon wiping 7 or 8 times with people I neither care about nor care if they improve I just want to get out with my rewards (28 gold), how in the hell making it progresivly easier each wipe is a bad thing Ill never know, off all my lfrs since mop Ive had so few wipes its almost inconsequential.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    So as the title says there are plenty of people whining over mop and saying that they quitted wow just because of mop.
    To be honest mop is so far best wow expansion,you've got something to do all the time,art design of panderia is outstanding,raid bosses are actually hard even on raid finder difficulty and so many other things that makes mop awesome!
    so where does all the hate come from? why do people keep bashing mop?
    p.s:before haters start asking,no i'm not being sarcastic
    I am not even going to read the rest of the thread but I am going to say this. Most of the people that play MoP started in Cataclysm or Wrath. They never had to work for gear of professions. So now that people asked for stuff to do, especially after cataclysm, now they whine its too hard and they can't get their valor points in an hour like they did in Cata. LAZINESS is the common problem.

  16. #216
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,721
    Tell me why i should love that my class is useless in pvp without cd stacking? Thank you. Sigh. And no its nothing wrong with me because i have a frost mage that i usually log into to solo players naked with ice lances.

    Im waiting for the day Blizzard will nerf CD stacking but make me viable without cds. MOP is extremely alt unfriendly for the types like me. BGs give crap experience and the questing makes me log off within 2 minutes. All i want is to pvp but i am not progressing like before. Like two hours of bgs and ive only moved two bars. Its not funny.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-02-02 at 10:42 AM.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dheyjin View Post
    I don't like questing, at all.
    And if I'm able to avoid it, I will.

    I guess you can allready see where this is going.
    Dailys of course.
    I'm more the 5 man instance / raid guy, transmog runs, pet battles are fun, but I don't do quests
    So... after I got all my blues from instances there was no need to play them anymore, because I couldn't spent the valor on anything.
    mmh... so maybe I craft some epics ? No, because you need rep to buy the recepies, which you have to do dailys for!
    ok, then I'll farm all the materials and let someone else craft them ? No, because most of the mats are bop!
    But hey, I get a nice legendary stone right ? No, I won't even see the main storyline of MoP

    So, yeah. Why was I online again ? Right, there's nothing I could do, so I stoped playing besides raids.

    I know, my case is pretty extreme(not questing at all), but MoP is the worst that Blizz could have done to me, and they did.
    not extreme at all...I am like you and many of my friends already droped it because of this exactly...as for me, I am still missing some transmog parts from old raids and only log for them..haven't touch a daily so far...In a new game maybe I would like questing to see all the quests once..but in wow?I got tired of them and also doing the same quest every day for a month?no thanks, I am not a muppet
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •