High Performance NVIDEA processor or Integrated graphics?

Not long ago I right-clicked my WoW shortcut in order to get to some screenshots, but taking a quick glance down at the options I saw an option I had not previously seen on my old computer. From the dropdown option of 'Run with graphics processor', I could choose either 'High Performance NVIDEA processor', or, 'Integrated graphics (Default)'

I'm wondering which of these would be better, if any?
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

Integrated uses RAM and the video chip on your Motherboard.

NVIDIA processor uses your graphics card with dedicated memory.

In almost every case the latter alternative is superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it has become a sad state of affairs that people would rather look like brain washed idiots then admit they was wrong

At a guess, this is a notebook or tablet? If you can run on your primary screen with the NVidia processor, I would expect it to have much better performance. the integrated graphics processor is almost always more limited.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Sounds like your on a laptop.

Integrated Graphics = Lower Performance, Longer Battery Life.
    Nvidia Processor = Higher Performance, Shorter Battery Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    At a guess, this is a notebook or tablet? If you can run on your primary screen with the NVidia processor, I would expect it to have much better performance. the integrated graphics processor is almost always more limited.
    The only benefit I can think of to switching to Integrated is power consumption savings if you're running on battery.

Edit: Dammit GoodNews beat me.
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    it has become a sad state of affairs that people would rather look like brain washed idiots then admit they was wrong

Always your dedicated.

Your video cable is plugged into your graphics card and not your motherboard, right?

Also, this thread should go in the computer forums, for sure.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Always your dedicated.

Your video cable is plugged into your graphics card and not your motherboard, right?

Also, this thread should go in the computer forums, for sure.
    Didn't have much of a clue where to post the thread really, so my bad on that one. Running WoW on the NVIDEA option now and it definitely seems smoother, was just curious as I was never given the option to run WoW on a different graphics card setting and integrated was the default on this notebook (which at least seems like a laptop; do laptops even exist these days or do they just call them notebooks now?)
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Laptops are generally hooked to both and can flip between them with software.

Ah, didn't realize it's a laptop. That makes a lot more sense now.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Computer shree